The Chris Paul, David West, Darren Collison and Marcus Thornton (and Monty) thread. !+%* a team.

indifferent.gif

Sorry, dudes. I haven't had computer access in the past two weeks.

Anyway, Dev for Aaron Gray seems to be happening.

Thornton starting?
pimp.gif

We're $423,000 away from getting under the luxury tax.

Edit:
WojYahooNBA The Hornets areworking to move guard Bobby Brown to get the final $400K or so underthe luxury tax threshold, league sources say.
pimp.gif

Can the Hornets make the Playoffs?

Filed under: Uncategorized — wwinston @ 9:23 am

Almostsurely, three teams with better than .500 records will not make the playoffsin the Western Conference. Since firing coach Byron Scott after a 3-6start, the Hornets have played much better. Still, it looks like theymay be one of teams on the outside looking in on April 17. With bettersubstitution patterns, I believe the Hornets can make the playoffs.

Obviously, the Hornets' success is keyed by their great pointguard, Chris Paul. His Adjusted rating is +8, which means that afteradjusting for who Paul has played with and against, our best estimate isthat he makes an average team 8 points better per 48 minutes. What isreally surprising is that unsung rookie Marcus Thornton has been great (Adjusted of  +7 points.) Also, I do not think the Hornets have noticed the great improvement in Julian Wright's play (Adjusted of +7).

Here are some specific recommendations on how the Hornets can improve their performance:
When Paul is in with Posey, the Hornets play 8 points better thanaverage. When Paul is in with Thornton or Wright, the Hornets play 11points better than average; the rest of the time Paul is in the Hornetsplay as an average NBA team. It seems like upping Thornton's andWright's minutes would improve the Hornets' performance.

When Paul is out the Hornets (unsurprisingly) play poorly: 7 points worse than average. However, when Paul is out and Collison, Posey, Wright and Thornton are in, the Hornets play 24 points better than average. Certainly,this combo should be used more with Paul out. The rest of the time Paulis out, the Hornets play 11 points worse than average.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Can the Hornets make the Playoffs?

Filed under: Uncategorized — wwinston @ 9:23 am

Almostsurely, three teams with better than .500 records will not make the playoffsin the Western Conference. Since firing coach Byron Scott after a 3-6start, the Hornets have played much better. Still, it looks like theymay be one of teams on the outside looking in on April 17. With bettersubstitution patterns, I believe the Hornets can make the playoffs.

Obviously, the Hornets' success is keyed by their great pointguard, Chris Paul. His Adjusted rating is +8, which means that afteradjusting for who Paul has played with and against, our best estimate isthat he makes an average team 8 points better per 48 minutes. What isreally surprising is that unsung rookie Marcus Thornton has been great (Adjusted of  +7 points.) Also, I do not think the Hornets have noticed the great improvement in Julian Wright's play (Adjusted of +7).

Here are some specific recommendations on how the Hornets can improve their performance:
When Paul is in with Posey, the Hornets play 8 points better thanaverage. When Paul is in with Thornton or Wright, the Hornets play 11points better than average; the rest of the time Paul is in the Hornetsplay as an average NBA team. It seems like upping Thornton's andWright's minutes would improve the Hornets' performance.

When Paul is out the Hornets (unsurprisingly) play poorly: 7 points worse than average. However, when Paul is out and Collison, Posey, Wright and Thornton are in, the Hornets play 24 points better than average. Certainly,this combo should be used more with Paul out. The rest of the time Paulis out, the Hornets play 11 points worse than average.

http://www.youtube.com/v/gYYKTxA5V5Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&http://www.youtube.com/v/gYYKTxA5V5Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&http://www.youtube.com/v/gYYKTxA5V5Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&http://www.youtube.com/v/gYYKTxA5V5Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&

Yes JuJu has been playing out of his mind

Chris.
pimp.gif

The rookies scored over half of the team's fourth quarter points, including three BIG shots in the last three minutes.
pimp.gif

NBA front-office sources told ESPN.com that the Hornets have reached averbal agreement on a trade with the Los Angeles Clippers that willsend reserve guard Bobby Brown to the Clippers for a conditional futuresecond-round draft pick.
A big road win and two trades to get under the luxury tax (and open the door for the rookies) all in the same day. 
pimp.gif

I can't believe they actually pulled it off. They're finally under the lux tax.
And Marcus getting the starting spot
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Kiddin Like Jason wrote:

I guess the need for a real shooting guard no longer exists.

Marcus Thornton is a baller just like at LSU. And like I said last year if they would have drafted CDR he prolly be an all star by now

The Hornets under the luxury tax...
eek.gif

JuJu getting legitimate minutes....
eek.gif

I don't have league pass, so I haven't watch every game, but has Bower earned a coaching extension (Well From Himself) or is there a need to bring in another coach cause eventually he might be going into overkill doing both?

CP told reporters in the locker room that he twisted his left knee vs.the Warriors on Wednesday and aggravated it when he fell at the end ofregulation tonight. He's questionable for tomorrow in Memphis. He had anice bump above his right eye from that elbow he took from Hinrich, too.

Oh !+%*, son.
pimp.gif

Second game of a back-to-back, no Chris Paul, playing one of the hottest teams in the league, on the road, down as many as 21, a second consecutive overtime... pulled it out.

Month of January: 12-5 (8-3 on the road), 14 of the 17 games decided by six points or less (10-4).

indifferent.gif

Chris needs surgery and will be out for at least a month.

It seems like they'll have to acquire another point guard somehow.

laugh.gif

We're down to ONE guard off the bench, and his name is Morris Peterson...
indifferent.gif

Apparently, we couldn't even sign someone from the D-League without going over the luxury line again.

All bad.

Scratch what I said about not being able to sign a D-League player; we can do a couple of 10-day contracts, at least.

Anyway, Phoenix at home tonight. It's on NBATV.

Back
Top Bottom