The College Basketball Post

Originally Posted by Fanatic15

What happened w/ Mich st.?
There just not too good. Lost by a ton without Dj White for a lot of the game. Morgan and Neitzel are the only good two.

Originally Posted by petey yup

Originally Posted by tmay407

Originally Posted by petey yup

I hate Baylor.

Amen. My friends that go there make it so easy to hate the school/teams.

I just hate any team or player that Craftsy likes. Matter of fact I hate everything he says too
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

You just hate that I'm always right about your squad - you stay drinking that orange kool-aid petey, it's all good.

By the way - what's with these insecure memphis fans? dudes have this chip on their shoulder like nobody respects them while they're ranked 1 inthe country... uh, what else do you want? seriously..

just got back from the uab / memphis game...

... i'm not sure i've ever been to a more heartbreaking game in my life.

the crowd was just stunned.

sucks to lead for the whole game only to lose it at the very end.

but i guess that's why memphis is no. 1. they had some pretty arrogant fans there, too.

uab will hopefully regroup knowing that this game could've gone either way tonight.

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

Beasley is a damn man.

emphatic co-sign. b-easy makes 40 point games look routine and effortless. beasley and billy are gonna be TROUBLE come tourney time. and by trouble i meanbeasley is gonna do what melo did at cuse and win it all.

Originally Posted by TimCity2000

just got back from the uab / memphis game...

... i'm not sure i've ever been to a more heartbreaking game in my life.

the crowd was just stunned.

sucks to lead for the whole game only to lose it at the very end.

but i guess that's why memphis is no. 1. they had some pretty arrogant fans there, too.

uab will hopefully regroup knowing that this game could've gone either way tonight.

any insight as to why dorsey and the rest of the tigers were spazzing and getting all riled up at the uab fans? dorsey had to be restrained.
laugh.gif
that dude has got a temper.
it kind of sucks that the only "test" left on their schedule is the vols. they'll beat them and go undefeated. the vols aren't thattough of a test imo. i can't wait to see them get an unexpected early exit in the tourney. i hope beasley and k-state bounces them in the sweet 16 (whenthey'd likely meet), that would be sweet.

Originally Posted by SuperAntigen

Originally Posted by moundraised23

even tho they tried to cheat the life out of the tigers, we still won that *$#+
and yall quit hatin on m-town...its gettin rediculous
we're #1 for a reason people
CDR IS THE TRUTH
GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think Memphis is a good team...hell they're one of the Elites in the Ncaa. But at the same time, they will never garner the same respect (from me at least) that i have for the DUkes, and Kansas, and Uconn's...simply because at the end of the day...they are playing in a semi-difficult conference. If Memphis was to make the move to one of the Big Conferences, where even the underlings can present a challenge every night (word to Clemson, USF, 'Cuse, USC...), then i would allocate the entirety of my respect to them. But until then...
eyes.gif
They are still #1 as the polls show, and still perfect in reg. season play. But can you or anyone else say with confidence that this would still be the case if they played in one of the "bigger" conferences.

Just my opinions...hope no one gets worked up over my $0.02 cents.

i been sayin they should at least be in the SEC with UT and vandy to round up the TN schools
and yes c-usa is a mediocre conf. to say te least, but uab really tested the tigers 2nite

My goodness I cannot believe I missed the entire Texas/Baylor game. Baylor can play with anyone in the BigXii when they're on top of their game, but theinexperience and lack of anything resembling a decent big outside of Kevin Rogers kills them. These dudes are only going to get better next year being a yearolder, and they finally get somebody with a little bit of size in Anthony Jones coming in.

Texas A&M losing to bummy @$# Oklahoma State at home
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
That's just a bad loss.

UAB... Come on Mike Davis. Really?

Syracuse rushing the court, under almost any circumstances, is just ******ed.

Lopez boys
pimp.gif

Mike Beasley is just UNFAIR. That's the type dude that could single-handedly take over March and get that team in the Final 4. What he's done this yearis unbelievable. People were throwing the 'Best Freshman Ever?' around last year for Kevin Durant, but Beasley is taking what KD did to another level.So, best freshman ever?

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

My goodness I cannot believe I missed the entire Texas/Baylor game. Baylor can play with anyone in the BigXii when they're on top of their game, but the inexperience and lack of anything resembling a decent big outside of Kevin Rogers kills them. These dudes are only going to get better next year being a year older, and they finally get somebody with a little bit of size in Anthony Jones coming in.

Texas A&M losing to bummy @$# Oklahoma State at home
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
That's just a bad loss.

UAB... Come on Mike Davis. Really?

Syracuse rushing the court, under almost any circumstances, is just ******ed.

Lopez boys
pimp.gif

Mike Beasley is just UNFAIR. That's the type dude that could single-handedly take over March and get that team in the Final 4. What he's done this year is unbelievable. People were throwing the 'Best Freshman Ever?' around last year for Kevin Durant, but Beasley is taking what KD did to another level. So, best freshman ever?

uhhh.....
[table][tr][td]Year[/td] [td]
G
[/td] [td]
FG
[/td] [td]
FGA
[/td] [td]
PCT.
[/td] [td]
FT
[/td] [td]
FTA
[/td] [td]
PCT.
[/td] [td]
REB
[/td] [td]
AVG.
[/td] [td]
PF-D
[/td] [td]
AST.
[/td] [td]
PTS-AVG.
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1967-68[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
85-5
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
1138-43.8
[/td] [/tr][/table]

Guess Who ???

beasley is gonna do what melo did at cuse and win it all.
First off...Syracuse had an all time great coach...K State has a rookie coach, he and his players have 0 tournament experience.

Now, get it out of your heard that Melo did it all by himself.....McNamara, Warrick, Duany, Pace....Forth and McNeill in the backline of the zone. Well coachedand with a better supporting cast than Beasley has

K State doesn't have the guards, and imo, lack of experience to get to the Final 4.....the Elite 8 is a stretch at that.

^^ and I could be wrong, but aren't those technically the Pistol's second year stats...

since his true freshman year, freshman weren't allowed on varsity?

Mike B and Billy W can take them to the Elite 8....No problem....

But....Beastly putting up 40 & 17????

Put dude in the wrong bracket.......Final 4

edit - Is a certain McNeal is the most underrated player in the Big East ????
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

^^ and I could be wrong, but aren't those technically the Pistol's second year stats...

I guess....Since he did only play 3 years at LSU.....

But this was his 1st year playing major college ball....

I dunno though.....B/c if he was categorized as a Soph on the court, then he is eliminated....

I don't trust a freshman to make it to the final 4...

Melo was the exception to the rule......Greg Oden, he was just in a different situation and a different type of player.

It's not a knock on Beasley at all....it's more of the lack of experience, in players and the coach.

I couldn't see them beating; Memphis, Tennessee, Kansas, UCLA, UNC, Duke at this point....it's not like K State is some juggernaut team now anyway

Not sayin they can't, just myself, I don't see it happening.

will Beasley give whoever they play fits...of course

He's not normal

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Yeah, Pistol was technically a sophomore at that point... Not that a college player will average 45 points again, but still... Pistol was just ahead ofhis time, but that dude was chuckin somethin SERIOUS. Over 1000 shots in 26 games?
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Yeah, Pistol was technically a sophomore at that point... Not that a college player will average 45 points again, but still... Pistol was just ahead of his time, but that dude was chuckin somethin SERIOUS. Over 1000 shots in 26 games?
sick.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

huh? You talkin bout that dude jdot?

cuz he aint McNeal
laugh.gif

unless he's on here too

but from jdot's athlete's post your pic thread....he is

burke_dwight.jpg

The knock on K-state is that they can't play worth a damn on the road...and last I checked, there aren't any NCAA tourney games scheduled at BramlageColesium this year.

I'm compiling a list of teams that are inconsistent as what... teams that are good enough, when playing their best, to make a final four run... but badenough, when off their game, to lose to some first round scrubs..

Here's what i got so far..

Kansas State
Louisville
Marquette
Texas AM
USC
Purdue
Arizona

There's a lot of midwest teams in there.. something in the water guys? Who else we got on this list?

Back
Top Bottom