The Combat Jack Show Thread

The beats and lyrics are on par with a 50 year old in the twilight of his CAREER having fun.

I just wish some these cats would admit that they don’t want adult music, or just dislike smooth, slow tempo, cruising raps. Nas makes music for us adults who just want to lounge, cruise and dissect his lyrics.

Nas has always, and will forever be that n_ the Deion Sanders, Barry Sanders, Barry Bonds of rap. It’s so easy to him that dudes will always find a way to nitpick.

Nas has been nitpicked his whole career because it’s always been effortless for him.

My man was literally rhyming over those trash salaam remi beats just to dumb his self down for idiots like Ish.

Cats like Ish are just old dudes who want to appeal to younger people WHICH is cool.

If you want that uptempo, pill popping music, go listen to it.

Gotta give Magic 3 more time but KD3 & Magic 2 were the only projects I'd agree weren't on par. If Nas didn't make songs like Motion and just put the best songs off Magic 2 & 3 on Magic 1 (9 songs), they wouldn't rly have an argument

ish is really just like joe

he just hides it behind green eyes

but you can tell he doesn’t respect alotta things

he’s holding nas current rhymes to early jay z lyrics

when in reality jay not dropping any worthwhile albums since american gangster

Jay has made good albums/music post American Gangster (which was 2007)

But to say Nas’ lyrics on the album are trash is just false.

Nas has always been able to reinvent himself

outside of watch the throne which I personally don’t care for that much (no I’m not ice) I haven’t heard a good jay album

Jay has made good albums/music post American Gangster (which was 2007)

But to say Nas’ lyrics on the album are trash is just false.

Nas has always been able to reinvent himself

He's not reinventing himself

Reinventing yourself is like Drake does by stealing styles

or Tity Boy becoming 2 Chainz

444 was cool lyrically but the mix on it is horrible intentional or not

s**t sounds really low and dull

ish hides his dirtbag ways behind green eyes is what I meant and I wouldn’t pause it cause it has no effect on me so i see how he really moves

ish really act like mel actually, both act like they ain’t been active in the streets

benzino just said he was bagging mel or came close to and I wanted to hear them talk about it smh

Salute to Nas but I been ready for the Hit Boy run to be over four albums ago. :lol:

On the flipside, while I haven’t really personally enjoyed this era in his career as much as others, I love the praise that he’s getting and can’t take anything away from 6 projects in a few years at this stage of his career. Bars as timeless as his hairline.

ish is really just like joe

he just hides it behind green eyes
1695528028429.gif

lol y’all boys reaching

he was getting away with his takes all the way up til mel joined the pod and she started acting like he was attacking her with his takes

he was skating free cause chicks like him

but he was saying things that Joe would say that would make him go viral for negativity

now chicks that like him are saying he hates women

all this is literally on the show and has been talked about on the show between the cohosts, people writing in and calls

I was just thinking damn bleek is a good story teller. I don't want a pod of just him but I'd definitely check out some long form content from him and other people who were there for the early days of the Roc.

Bleek instead of Nick in drumline is interesting. Woulda gave that movie a whole different tone. Jay being mad at him for turning it down :lol:

I know Silkk the Shocker was supposed to be the lead too.

Bleek is appreciated. Good albums, good story telling.

drum line was based off dallas austin

damn near everybody black you can imagine tried out for that role

Back
Top Bottom