The Combat Jack Show Thread

Damn. I been waiting for that for a minute.

Not expecting anything special since Nas tends to be reserved but it's nice to hear from the dude here and there.

Gonna be dope to see Nas and Nore chop it up. That’s all I’m really hoping for.

Feel like Queensbridge Politics is a good follow up to Destroy & Rebuild. Dope he’s bridging some of those gaps.

Interesting discussion. I don't see the purpose. A way to troll for attention?

It's nothing really creative about it.

I don't find Paul Mooney that ha ha funny either. It's something about his delivery.

I didn't understand Mal talking about him bringing up the race card and race too much. He sounded real ****ish.

Paul Mooney is a legend. I tuned out when they got to that topic.

I went to see Mooney live once maybe 6 years ago. Last set of the night, so he sat up there riffing on white people for like an extra hour. I can understand some white people being turned off by how he hyper focuses on race, but from the other side it's hilariously satisfying to sit there and watch him roast whites, and watch the whites just sit there and feign amusement through it. Even better when one gets offended.

He's not going to be up there pacing the stage and picking up stools and ****. There's something to be said about someone who can sit on a stage with a stool, light a cig and just talk ****...and it be entertaining. I can see that coming off as boring to some people, but all his words have a truthful edge to it that keeps you thinking.

Paul Mooney is a legend. I tuned out when they got to that topic.

I went to see Mooney live once maybe 6 years ago. Last set of the night, so he sat up there riffing on white people for like an extra hour. I can understand some white people being turned off by how he hyper focuses on race, but from the other side it's hilariously satisfying to sit there and watch him roast whites, and watch the whites just sit there and feign amusement through it. Even better when one gets offended.

He's not going to be up there pacing the stage and picking up stools and ****. There's something to be said about someone who can sit on a stage with a stool, light a cig and just talk ****...and it be entertaining. I can see that coming off as boring to some people, but all his words have a truthful edge to it that keeps you thinking.

He's unapologetic about it too. He's said he's not sugar coating anything cuz white people sugar coat it for him. He said white people didn't come to him and say "Hey Paul our school is packed, come back another time."

"They said "Get outta here N, your not welcomed.". "If I can handle that they can handle this."

I think Paul and Tracy are very different funny. Paul is great at stand up, Tracy isn’t but I think Tracy funny as hell.

Paul is witty type of funny. Tracy is the crazy homey type of funny.

I can totally understand anybody not thinking Paul is funny. Sometimes he's on, other times he's very off. His recorded stand-ups are funny tho. I also never though Tracy Morgan was funny.

Tracy Morgan is the kind of funny that if people said he was super trash garbage, I wouldn't bat an eye
If somebody says they don't think Paul is funny I start asking myself question about who this person is

Felon Fitness?

Dame Teacher.png

Back
Top Bottom