The Combat Jack Show Thread

How is she such a great rapper if she didn’t write her music?

It is a great album, I’m not mad at people calling it a classic either but she’s never gonna be in my top 5 female rappers or artists. The way people talk about her, you’d think she dropped 5 solo albums and were all classics or damn near classics.

One solo album in damn near 25 years?!?!?!? F O H

Please name your top 5 females. I wanna see this.

How is she such a great rapper if she didn’t write her music?

It is a great album, I’m not mad at people calling it a classic either but she’s never gonna be in my top 5 female rappers or artists. The way people talk about her, you’d think she dropped 5 solo albums and were all classics or damn near classics.

One solo album in damn near 25 years?!?!?!? F O H

Nobody ever wrote for Lauryn

The controversy was over her taking claim for her production and being the genius behind everything on Miseducation while not giving credit. Which is why she has to remix her music in order to do today.

Wyclef and Lauryn are totally different lyrically.

I used to think the discussions about the podcast in here were a little complainy at times, but those Reddit people act like women damn near 😳

That Rory and Mal legit made me smile. Can’t wait to **** them in here when they say something I don’t like.

Nobody ever wrote for Lauryn

The controversy was over her taking claim for her production and being the genius behind everything on Miseducation while not giving credit. Which is why she has to remix her music in order to do today.

Wyclef and Lauryn are totally different lyrically.

Wyclef could be lying but he’s said it a few times that he wrote her ****.

We know Kim and Foxy had some rhymes written for them so that’s not the only reason I don’t have Lauryn high on any list. She’s overrated and not high on my list because she only made one solo album. Her next four albums could have been awful or they could have been amazing but you’re mot getting that kind of love off one album.

But again, I said overrated. I didn’t say trash. She made a good album and The Score is a great album. I haven’t played the first album in years.

I don’t think Joe was wrong for asking Rory to take a couple podcasts off, over text is a little wack.
Joe and Mal both had good points. The whole exclamation thing made it seem like it was an executive order and that’s what Mal’s point was. That was wrong but Joe was right in wanting Rory to take off. Rory was going crazy those last few episodes :lol:

Wyclef could be lying but he’s said it a few times that he wrote her ****.

We know Kim and Foxy had some rhymes written for them so that’s not the only reason I don’t have Lauryn high on any list. She’s overrated and not high on my list because she only made one solo album. Her next four albums could have been awful or they could have been amazing but you’re mot getting that kind of love off one album.

But again, I said overrated. I didn’t say trash. She made a good album and The Score is a great album. I haven’t played the first album in years.

Your top 5 sir

1 hour in and this is the transparency Joe always be preaching about. They just told E to turn on the cameras while they work everything out lol

Not done but so far I got

Joe is a psychopath

Mal is very emotional (I did see where he was coming from about having a convo before the Rory text ) but outside of that he seems sensitive

Rory is the most level headed

Parks just wants **** to be cool and for everybody to get paid lol

Yeah I thought this was a regular pod.

Nobody wanna hear them drag this “hashing things out” **** forever when he already had a good way to move beyond this with Ish and Ice :lol:

Mal is a stand up and honorable dude, so I understand the points he's making. He's looking at it as friends working things out, but they have a business together. So I understand what Mal is saying with hashing stuff out, and not recording without Rory. But it looks like you're picking sides and essentially going on strike and not just trying to hash things out. So everyone is supposed to just sit around and not do anything until things are hashed out? And if they don't, how long is that to be determined. Are Savon, screen man and them still supposed to get paid?

Joe is looking at it as once people find out other pods or get us out of their rotation we can be replaced, he's not just looking at it like Mal saying they're replaceable.(they are)

but Joe did the same ****ed up thing with Marissa of firing her over text. Friends don't do that. Not even a explanation, out of the blue.

Back
Top Bottom