The Combat Jack Show Thread

I bet Bron has only listened to 2/5 on that shirt :lol:. You know that **** just be mouthing words and ****. But he for sure respects it, nonetheless. It isn’t outside of the scope for his era to bump Lil baby, then Nas a week apart or something.

Funny AT-liens is brought up in relation to this topic tho lmao

Lebron 36 years old from the inner city, why wouldn't he have listened to those albums? Since high school he made it obvious hip hop is a major part of him.

Relax bruh :lol:. Everybody don’t gotta know every damn classic album. That’s the point.

That video is some new _ ****. :lol:

That's actually making my point. He's more in tune with his era. That top 5 was some of the go to albums in the late 90's-early 00's. Anybody that grew up on hip hop at that time heard those albums. Albums was being played everywhere.

I don't even know if you serious now :lol:

He was clearly saying "suede timbs" a certain way. The next clip he's rapping the whole verse to It's Mine, It's Mine ain't no where near as big as The World Is Yours.

A81FDE2C-1C1B-495B-B7E1-3D811750A1F2.gif

Yeah ard dugg :lol:. I ain’t hear that. By anyway....

This is simply jokes. The point im making is someone from Ice’s “era” like LeBron...can still appreciate newer music, fake the funk a lil bit and still be connected to now and previous ones he came up on. Also may not know all of the previous music too, and just finesse his way through. Like he hilariously does on IG. Just like Someone like joe budden can also not know how to pronounce a golden era OutKast album. It’s all a mix and preference.

That’s it.

Ice is a very weird dude. However, his music taste isn’t that far off for a guy his age tho :lol:. It’s like clowning LeBron for listening to the rap he does. Mid to late 30s dude listen to a lot of what’s hot today. Unless I missed it, he wasn’t talking about SoundCloud rap or something. Funny, Magic33 Magic33 has zero issue when the JBP podcast was admittedly dismissive, biased and ignorant of different types of rap. Particularly newer ones and southern rap. What Ice is doing is essentially the reverse of that. It’s shocking to your sensibilities. I know.

Y’all want all the JPB guys to all like the same stuff. It’s kinda Obvious ice is trolling some, and he’s not as into newer stuff as he may give off (for those who know). But a guy his age bumping Durk or Thug or somebody ain’t really out the norm.

Him rocking **** 63rd shirts is tho.

This is bull****

You obviously don't know many 38 year olds in the tri state area

Comparing him to Lebron who is from Akron? What?

I've been saying it for years. Lauryn Hill and her one solo album are two of the most overrated pieces in music history.

I've never considered it a Rap album and it's something I never play. It has some great songs though.

Wyclef has said mulitple times that he wrote that album and he wrote her parts on the Fugees albums. Now he could be lying but how much work she put out in the last 23 years? I'm leaning towards believing Wyclef.

I wish Joe would stop talking about young people ****. Ice might listen to some of this **** but we know he doesn't and Ish doesn't. I would much rather hear a Chris Brown vs Bobby Brown debate over a summary about a Young Thug album that Joe will probably play once or twice in his life. Whenever they head towards a late 30s to late 40s topic, Joe wanna yell about not being old and ****.

It's not a rap album. Anyone saying it is clearly never listened to it. There's only 3 rap songs on it.

It don't matter what you classify it as it's a classic and like Joe said, Lauren was called a great rapper before she released miseducation. We gotta stop tryna rewrite history, back then people wasn't saying "well you know it's technically not a rap album blah blah blah".

It don't matter what you classify it as it's a classic and like Joe said, Lauren was called a great rapper before she released miseducation. We gotta stop tryna rewrite history, back then people wasn't saying "well you know it's technically not a rap album blah blah blah".
It does matter what you classify it as b/c ppl be jackin like it's a rap album for clout. They only listened to the singles. Calling it a rap album is "tryna rewrite history".

Man absolutely. I rarely see his clips anymore on my YT. But I guess the bread worth it.
Same. He also built his brand around not giving a ****, so Spotify continually censoring & deleting his older stuff probably leaves a bad taste within his core audience.

How is she such a great rapper if she didn’t write her music?

It is a great album, I’m not mad at people calling it a classic either but she’s never gonna be in my top 5 female rappers or artists. The way people talk about her, you’d think she dropped 5 solo albums and were all classics or damn near classics.

One solo album in damn near 25 years?!?!?!? F O H

Back
Top Bottom