The Combat Jack Show Thread

I am now questioning if that Spotify deal was as bad as Joe described now knowing that Rory & Mal didn’t know ****.

I'm wondering how they didn't get their business in order before the Spotify deal, and then after.

They had several chances to get some leverage and get things in order.

Both seemed to trust Joe would look out for them, instead of them looking out for themselves.

1620836249002.jpeg

Dude is gonna sue them if they start a pod :rofl:

Isn’t it still up but on Patreon now?

I only made it an hour in. I don’t think he handled this right but I agree with him. People tuned in for Joe. It’s the Joe Budden podcast. Why should Joe give them any ownership of his podcast when he’s the driving force? I think it’s the nice thing to do but he doesn’t have to.

A few of us been saying it. Him and Rory aren’t friends like that. He sounds more hurt about his relationship with Mal but basically said he barely knew Rory and brought him on. I’ll never forget when Joe wanted to play snippets and give info on his new album, Rory would always say don’t. Make them buy it, don’t give them anything. He’s one of those goofy clown *** redditors desperate earn someone’s approval.

People are nuts to think people that didn’t help create it and aren’t needed can ask for ownership or to look at books. Y’all do either of those at your job? **** no.

Anyone gotta link? I’m trying to hear the rest.

Ian sound like Steve Berman from the Eminem skits.

Parks was terrible. You can side with Joe but turn that **** down.

To be honest, I never gave a **** about Rory and Mal. I think they were redundant. You only need one straight man for the wild card. Joe should have had either Rory or Mal but not both. And if they signed ****ty contracts, they’re going to have to eat that. Having said that, Joe is a maniac and I’m not surprised **** went left. Anything Joe does is doomed from the start. That is the one consistent thing about his time in the public eye. He leaves a trail of broken bridges and friendships.

All bets are off when lawyers get involved. Not mad at Joe assuming he’s telling most of the truth. My only criticism is that there was a clear misunderstanding of terms in the beginning if Rory asked for equity and financial statements.

But hey. It was a good run.

Only mad at Joe for firing on air , emphasizing that Mal LIVED WITH HIM and not they lived together . Also about how he saved Rory when ****** was coming to parks house to beat him up (wonder who that was) 😂😂😂. That was all corny and unnecessary

i knew joe was in charge , how the hell didn’t they 😂😂😂

They must have been mentally done with the pod and had some other **** planned because if they ask for an audit, that means they don't trust Joe as far as money. That's the nuclear option. Whether he's playing you or not, there's no point of return from that. Even if it came out that everything was legit, they couldn't go back to acting like **** was sweet. Like it's been said, it was a good run.

Only mad at Joe for firing on air , emphasizing that Mal LIVED WITH HIM and not they lived together . Also about how he saved Rory when ****** was coming to parks house to beat him up (wonder who that was) 😂😂😂. That was all corny and unnecessary

Joe been changing up that living situation as time goes on. He was just in that interview saying 8 ****** lived there and NONE of them could afford the crib. :rofl:

Joe yelling at everybody about ownership and ****ting on labels but does the same thing :lol:

but in his defense, he is the name/brand behind the podcast the majority of the people tune in for. So it’s the same **** as the label. Y’all are getting recognition/jobs/notoriety because of me, not because of you.

Joe is entitled to more % of the pie because he has the name/platform behind it.

nelly gets a bigger % of the st lunatics, Eminem gets a bigger share of d12, ludacris gets a bigger % of DTP

I could tell when Joe would want to coax them to be A mics and add more to the show

Joe was like y'all are going to act like employees, well that's what you're going to be.

Back
Top Bottom