The Combat Jack Show Thread

That was actually first time Nore sort of just sat back and let someone talk.

The TK podcast, he needs to get rid of the random callers during the podcast. Do it as a segment. It's annoying to hear a dumb question in the middle of a story.

Glad Joe has a pod this week.

Going to miss Tax, sad he screwed up things off stupidity

roll.gif
@ joe budden referring to jeff sessions as ramon sessions

Mike Epps robbery story
roll.gif

EFN is annoying man. He wants to be involved so bad.....but doesn't know whem to interject.

If I hear...."Hey, I'm. Cuban B..." one more time........
Fixed 
mean.gif

He says it in the background at irrelevant times and it drives me insane. NO ONE CARES YOU'RE CUBAN, B.

I've been listening to Pete and Dallas pod with Thirstin, and this chick is so annoying.

I didn't know Mal was as old as Joe. Some of his beliefs have me :lol:

The Documentary, I never was a fan like that. And I don't think GODT or The Documentary aged well production wise. I only can listen to four songs on GODT.

I was wondering the same thing when Rory talked about Ross' flows. I think Ross picks better beats than TI and Jeezy. He knows his lane and stays within it, but he hasn't the cross over or success either have had.

Last edited:
I liked the Swizz interview

but my BS detector goes off with Swizz

It's funny the heat Swizz took in the 90's and seeing him now.

I was one of the few I know who didn't clown Casio Beats. Because how can you clown someone if you liked Banned From TV, Ruff Ryders Anthem or J****. That being said, he has a ton of duds and shouldn't be mentioned with Timbaland, Kanye or The Neptunes.

Agreed. Most producers have a set formula, but Swizz it just too telegraphed. He's got some CLASSICS and he's definitely got a ton of duds.

Top Down was [emoji]128293[/emoji] though.

I liked the Swizz interview

but my BS detector goes off with Swizz

It's funny the heat Swizz took in the 90's and seeing him now.

I was one of the few I know who didn't clown Casio Beats. Because how can you clown someone if you liked Banned From TV, Ruff Ryders Anthem or J****. That being said, he has a ton of duds and shouldn't be mentioned with Timbaland, Kanye or The Neptunes.

More dud's than hit for sure. Had some major hits though, I'm unsure where to place in the list but he prob should be
mentioned in that list.

anytime this topic gets brought up i'm gonna drop this... Son has some of the most impactful beatz in hiphop history. Was the driving force(Along with Dame Grease) behind one of the biggest labels of all time. And has also done the charts thing a million times. Swizz is absolutely in that convo.

he's chilled out recently but he can still deliver hence

Last edited:
People used to hate on dude. I've never seen that on a producer before. He was getting shiny suit Bad Boy hate.

I'm like how can ya'll hate on son, when he's producing all these songs you're bumping. It was wild back then.

Now he's like this respected OG producer. I get it, but I want someone to bring it up, because he had a lot of flack and backlash. 9th Wonder got some of that also, but not as much.

That beat battle with Ye and Swizz was made for a dude like Swizz, he kills those anthem songs.

I'd still take a production career of a Ye over Swizz all day though. There was a point in time where it was like Ye couldn't miss on the beats, on his own or for other people, he just has that ear for dope music. Swizz never had that consistency, and he had alot of folks out here rappin over some straight basura :lol:.

Nice to see he's been so successful over time though.

This Swizzy slander must be an NY thing.....I never heard anybody talking down on him. Never really paid attention. I always thought the consensus as he was dope.

Beyoncé, wouldn't be Beyoncé without Swizz Beats

Haven't listened to the interview yet, but I agree with statements on swizz, some classics, a lot of duds.

Some cats in NYC have over the years but it's never been the overwhelming feeling at all, atleast not in my experience. Swizz gets a lot of love overall in the city and is respected as the legend he is. Online tho i do see people give him a bit of slander for his beats over the years.

Come on man

The reach of a century...

I always assumed people just thought Swizz was a corny dude mannerisms wise. The whole Basquiat trend jumping, not just him but he was a part of it. Just didn't really seem as "cool" as other producers.

Which has nothing to do with the actual music which he made solid classics. People hate on everything these days. Definitely would rather have Ye tracks over Swizz any day of the week.

Last edited:
i actually thought you were referring to single ladies which is still the biggest single of her career.

either way. she was already the biggest pop star in the world. 

destinys child been doing worldwide tours since they were teenagers

which is also why I laugh when people act like jay brung her up

jay was considered "beyonces boyfriend, singer jay z" by the media in other countries when they first got together

Last edited:
New art is up. It might just be me but they've really been elevating it in the last two episodes by bringing in more sound effects. Desus preaching last episode and in this one Mero got the sad music in the background. Pure genius.

This Swizzy slander must be an NY thing.....I never heard anybody talking down on him. Never really paid attention. I always thought the consensus as he was dope.

Beyoncé, wouldn't be Beyoncé without Swizz Beats

I read beyonce and jay hated the check on it beat, beyonce just made it work somehow

They still play songs off that cd on the radio..i gurantee you'll hear get me bodied at some random time or apart of some mix

Back
Top Bottom