The Combat Jack Show Thread

I know its old but still :rofl:
Screenshot_2019-07-31-02-11-47-1.png

Joe sound crazy. I'm got Andre and Big Boi in my top 30 and I got Pimp and Bun in there too. Those are duo's ain't like they was in a 4-5 man group and they just had a verse here and there.

Joe sound crazy. I'm got Andre and Big Boi in my top 30 and I got Pimp and Bun in there too. Those are duo's ain't like they was in a 4-5 man group and they just had a verse here and there.

3000 said he didn’t make an album because he couldn’t handle the expectations and pressure. I mean that’s pretty weak. He’s still a nice rapper but you lose a lot of points for never putting an official album out for real

Meanwhile Big Boi put out a few solo albums that were dumb good

I normally try to cut Rory some slack because he does know his **** most of the time but he sounding super goofy right now talking about where Slick Rick belongs. :lol: Just say you don't listen to him, he doing a lot of dancing.

I respect what he brought to hip hop. The story telling, the fly _ s*** but I never played a Slick Rick album. Know all the singles but I never really felt like playing his music. Chuck D and Kool G Rap are the only "golden era" rappers I'm playing today.

3000 said he didn’t make an album because he couldn’t handle the expectations and pressure. I mean that’s pretty weak. He’s still a nice rapper but you lose a lot of points for never putting an official album out for real

Meanwhile Big Boi put out a few solo albums that were dumb good

Yeah it's weak and he was still a GREAT rapper from 93-07. I can't ignore that because well he never made a official HIP HOP solo album.

And no Joe your song ain't top 5 storytelling songs.

_'s Bleed
Story To Tell
Brenda's Got A Baby
I Gave You Power
One Love

Just off the dome, stop.

Not sure how people don’t understand how cyber bullying work. It’s not a matter of person A in Ohio bullying random person person B in Georgia on Twitter/FB. Than it is, person A sharing candidate photos of person B in a group chat...and they go to the same high school.

Mal is an idiot.

They tried to explain it, but he still doesn't seem to get it. They're on twitter, instagram, facebook and group chats. Them having social media is something that's natural to them. You can't compare your situation growing up with out it to them.

Mal does go overboard but Chance is definitely the type to get bullied online. However you feel about "online bullying" people looking social media props and social media pats on the head opens their self up to that. If you put so much stock in what outside people think you gotta deal with the good and the bad, you're gonna drive yourself crazy. We see with a lot of these rappers.

2 people that know each other is different but mfer's allowing Twitter and Instagram to determine how they feel about themselves is some weak ****.

edit

Every time Joe play his old music it reminds me why I was never a fan of his, good rapper but he was flat out boring. Wale before Wale.

Last edited:
I swear. It was cool...but I def I heard better Pusha verses lol. I think it’s everything around it...and the strategic marketing by Ross.
Yeah I feel the same. It was a cool verse. Nothing bad about it, but it didn't fit the record and it seems like people are just overhyping the spicyness that Pusha was giving off

Every time Joe play his old music it reminds me why I was never a fan of his, good rapper but he was flat out boring. Wale before Wale.

My problem with Joe was that his **** was just too damn depressing :lol:

Mood Muzik 3 came out my senior year of HS. College was one of the more happier times of my life. Wasn't nobody tryna hear Joe rap about his pill addiction and girlfriend problems in every damn song, while I'm chasing birds around campus :lol:

Mood Muzik 3 came out my senior year of HS. College was one of the more happier times of my life. Wasn't nobody tryna hear Joe rap about his pill addiction and girlfriend problems in every damn song, while I'm chasing birds around campus :lol:

that’s what made joe stand out in that era. he was making very personal music while his direct peers were leaning more towards superficial raps.

that eventually became a knock towards someone like fab, who struggled to display his actual personality through his music during that time.

It was called MOOD MUZIK for a reason :lol:

Don't get me wrong. I loved joints off his first album and all 3 Mood Muzik mixtapes and still listen to them til this day.

Around that time though, the sound in music changed a lot, and I just wasn't trying to hear more and more depressing raps from Joe. I really don't listen to anything he put out after MM3.

He was definitely like the internet's fav rapper for a couple years. I never got it. He was a good rapper but his music was never good to me and he always came off as a lame to me.

A lot of Budden’s acclaim came from his website and viral videos. He was a big proponent of interacting with fans on his message board.

Back
Top Bottom