The Combat Jack Show Thread

Damn. They was removing Un Kasa from sections and removing him from videos, because he ain’t have “the look” :lol:.

He seem like a good dude tho.

Growing up...we all had that one homeboy who was cool as ****, but just straight up ugly as ****, or aint have the sauce :lol:. It’s clear as hell thats Un Kasa story. He seems to get it. He shared a story about Slow moving him to a lesser section and inviting an NBA **** up instead for “the look”. He said he was mad at first...but understood kinda the imagery and lifestyle aesthetic needed in order to move that brand forward.

He got some wisdom to him tho. That was a pretty good listen. Didn’t know he was down with Lupe, Stack Bundles and 1st & 15th, and some other ****.

Growing up...we all had that one homeboy who was cool as ****, but just straight up ugly as ****, or aint have the sauce :lol:. It’s clear as hell thats Un Kasa story. He seems to get it. He shared a story about Slow moving him to a lesser section and inviting an NBA **** up instead for “the look”. He said he was mad at first...but understood kinda the imagery and lifestyle aesthetic needed in order to move that brand forward.

He got some wisdom to him tho. That was a pretty good listen. Didn’t know he was down with Lupe, Stack Bundles and 1st & 15th, and some other ****.

All facts. Gonna check it out now

The Gillie and Dev talk. :lol:

Gillie and Dev were both right. Gillie doesn't realize the power of social media. It made the world smaller. Nothing is regional anymore. Everything is instant. Those instagram clips. Those memes. You're influenced by what you see and hear. That's why you have people in England using American slang.

People in Camden and Philly are going to try to sound like Atlanta if they think that's what's going to get them out the hood. If that's what they're hearing on the radio. Gillie can say how big he was. But dudes don't want to be Gillie, they want to be Future. I had a discussion about Cam with someone and how Cam doesn't walk around with bodyguards. They were like well he's not Drake trying to downplay his success. I was like wouldn't you rather live comfortably and move as you please? Dudes don't see it that way.

The Gillie and Dev talk. :lol:

Gillie and Dev were both right. Gillie doesn't realize the power of social media. It made the world smaller. Nothing is regional anymore. Everything is instant. Those instagram clips. Those memes. You're influenced by what you see and hear. That's why you have people in England using American slang.

People in Camden and Philly are going to try to sound like Atlanta if they think that's what's going to get them out the hood. If that's what they're hearing on the radio. Gillie can say how big he was. But dudes don't want to be Gillie, they want to be Future. I had a discussion about Cam with someone and how Cam doesn't walk around with bodyguards. They were like well he's not Drake trying to downplay his success. I was like wouldn't you rather live comfortably and move as you please? Dudes don't see it that way.

People equate being the richest/most famous with having the best quality of life. Fame is definitely a drug

Made me think of this tweet

that's always been my thing while looking at cats like Spitta, Gibbs, Nip, Cam, The Lox etc etc

these dudes have a perfect balance where sure they may not be bringing in 10+ million a year off of rap but they're still eating very well, can live a somewhat normal life & not have to be involved with the bull**** fakeness of the industry. Perfect balance to me.

also another reason why i find it dumb as hell that fans have doubled down on sales & stats>> artistry. some people legit don't want fame or want to deal with the **** that you have to do to get there (not no BS illuminati ish)

People equate being the richest/most famous with having the best quality of life. Fame is definitely a drug

I think it's also social media.

People are in competition with the world. Your inner circle is a lot larger.

They see someone else doing something so they need to do it. That's why a lot of people are never going to be happy. That's why mental illness is probably even more prevalent. Someones always going to look better, have a better body, have more money and have the "perfect life" online. You longing for someone elses life just leads to your unhappiness with yours.

that's always been my thing while looking at cats like Spitta, Gibbs, Nip, Cam, The Lox etc etc

these dudes have a perfect balance where sure they may not be bringing in 10+ million a year off of rap but they're still eating very well, can live a somewhat normal life & not have to be involved with the bull**** fakeness of the industry. Perfect balance to me.

also another reason why i find it dumb as hell that fans have doubled down on sales & stats>> artistry. some people legit don't want fame or want to deal with the **** that you have to do to get there (not no BS illuminati ish)

People don't look at it as being able to go out on the road and get a bag for $10 or $20,000 at each spot.

Just because you're not touring in the local spot Da Baby is doesn't mean you aren't successful. And they don't have to have the same mind set as French Montana, nobody can see you wearing the same thing twice :lol:

Back
Top Bottom