The Combat Jack Show Thread

Imagine listening to DJ Khaled. Willingly

That's a culture vulture podcast 100%

Not for us

They're trying to profit off podcast and just throwing bags at people who have names in the podcast world.

That's why Joe will get a bag somewhere.

His **** is organic, not trying to build a podcast out of anyone who has name recognition.

Khaled is a bozo and a fraud, they’re gonna have to give him a big budget to get people to listen to that garbage.

We also have too many podcasts, **** we need another for? The only people that need one is Fat Joe or Irv Gotti. Besides them, don’t need anyone else getting shows.

Don’t nobody wanna hear Khaled on a pod. Him getting lost at sea on Snapchat....COMPLETELY changed his trajectory :lol:

That was like 5-6 years ago. Still living off that in a sense.

I say that to say this, (word to Tax)...don’t block your blessings.

Khaled is a bozo and a fraud, they’re gonna have to give him a big budget to get people to listen to that garbage.

We also have too many podcasts, **** we need another for? The only people that need one is Fat Joe or Irv Gotti. Besides them, don’t need anyone else getting shows.
Big businesses see it as an untapped market really. But I think podcasts are one of those things where people don’t wanna hear from big names unless they have good stories. I’d rather hear **** from “regular” people honestly. More relatable.

Don’t nobody wanna hear Khaled on a pod. Him getting lost at sea on Snapchat....COMPLETELY changed his trajectory :lol:

That was like 5-6 years ago. Still living off that in a sense.

I say that to say this, (word to Tax)...don’t block your blessings.

I can hear that ***** saying that ****. :lol:

Go get lost at sea, beloved. And record it while you drinking your green juice, respectfully. Be safe tho.

Big businesses see it as an untapped market really. But I think podcasts are one of those things where people don’t wanna hear from big names unless they have good stories. I’d rather hear **** from “regular” people honestly. More relatable.

It is kinda weird for celebrities to hop in without already having that type of audience, ppl have to wanna hear from you in that way

With that said, seem like majority of popping podcasts are by people who already had a big social media following or were tapped in before the podcast :lol:

So it makes sense that they would try it out, same thing they doing in rap

Even tho they were clowning Joe about Will Smith being on social media and all that, he had a point but typical with him is that it came off as hate and he didn’t express it properly until way later

Celebrities getting into podcasting is kinda wack. It makes sense on their behalf but it does make it harder on smaller people to make it big. And plus they don’t really have **** to talk about. Who really wants to listen to a Michelle Obama or Khaled podcast?

Facts. Certain celebs just seem out of place when they try to do a podcast. 9 times out of 10 I won’t even give it a single listen. I look at people entering the podcast space with a side eye because folks weren’t rocking with them for years. Take Nicki for example. Told Joe to have fun with his little podcast. Fast forward she’s starting Queen Radio and feuding with Joe on his pod once her album numbers have declined and she has to enter the podcast space to breathe life into her career.

Much rather listen to folks I can relate to. Salute to the homie sneakaprince sneakaprince . I’ll always shout out his Civilized Savages podcast because it’s two young black dudes talking that **** that’s relatable (life, growth, finances, entertainment, “being out here”, etc) .

Can’t imagine what relating to anything Khaled would be tombout, let alone find it entertaining. Some celebs are only good in doses. I can’t tune into that **** on the regular.

Last edited:
I’ll give it until the next two parts. Honestly what does Charlamagne have to talk about outside of his new network?

I’d imagine the same **** he always talks about.

Mental health. Healing. Maturing from the person he used to be in the earlier years of breakfast club. The election. Being black.

I commend dude forbid purported growth, but I still take that with a grain of salt because he still be saying some wild **** occasionally.

I think Joe sees that, all the folks that didn't take pods seriously having their own and popular ones getting more popular. He just wants to own his own piece of a new frontier, which we've seen is the way. Otherwise you end up with the music industry where we're routinely 8 of the top 10, produce and write the other 2, but we don't own ****.

I’d imagine the same **** he always talks about.

Mental health. Healing. Maturing from the person he used to be in the earlier years of breakfast club. The election. Being black.

I commend dude forbid purported growth, but I still take that with a grain of salt because he still be saying some wild **** occasionally.
I don’t take his mental health **** serious. He came up as the exact opposite of what you think a mental advocate would stand for. Comes of as phony to me and something to monetize

I dead *** remember listening to son drone on and on about mental health like he's some expert, then transitioned right into laughing at Drake for saying he's going through some stuff.

NORE is so annoying that **** actually be bothering me I be having to turn it off like dude shouldn’t be getting under my skin.

like damn no one can’t tell him “they wanna hear the guests not you”

Bruh be interrupting legendary stories to clap and blow that little dumb whistle ****. Like bro let that gimmick rest :lol:

Back
Top Bottom