The Combat Jack Show Thread

Parks' about face was because they DIDN'T show up again. Everyone except for Joseph seemed to think the beef was squashed. It was time to record 437 and they didn't show up.

437 doesn't turn out how it does if Rory & Mal show up for work
That’s what I got when I listened to the first few minutes. Parks seemed irritated at them not showing up.

Vibe I got from Parks is he been tired of them dudes and is relieved all this finally blew up. Prolly feels like he does a lot more for the network than them and if he's cool with the situation then they should be more than cool.

He might've od'd a lil bit but Rory and Mal had to know he didn't **** with them like that. I'd bet him and Joe's business relationship precedes the friendship.

I don't how or why Ice and Ish would do any business with him. I guess Parks ain't no choice but to stay and hope for the best. Joe is a sloppy and just bad leader. He one of them _'s that fit to work alone because **** gon hit the fan eventually and it's gonna effect other people. He told them already how little he values his "friends". I wanna hear Mal and Rory side because Joe always lying and leaving out important details.

Maybe Joe revealed what Mal and Rory were getting so Parks, Savon and the rest of the team are probably like y'all had it good, showing up to talk then bouncing. Whereas they had to do extra work for less money than the 2 of them. It wouldn't be solely for the sake of transparency but a way to get the team on his side.
Also Joe said they were having discussions behind Joe's back trying to band against him in addition to Rory questioning what other guys were getting paid.
Can't wait for their side of the story.

:rofl:
1621044901876.png

That’s what I got when I listened to the first few minutes. Parks seemed irritated at them not showing up.
Vibe I got from Parks is he been tired of them dudes and is relieved all this finally blew up. Prolly feels like he does a lot more for the network than them and if he's cool with the situation then they should be more than cool.

He might've od'd a lil bit but Rory and Mal had to know he didn't **** with them like that. I'd bet him and Joe's business relationship precedes the friendship.

You listened to that last leaked ep? That wasn't just siding with Joe (which makes sense). Really disgusting vibes from Parks, throwing dirt and laughing it up like "I got mine".

I think Parks knows he's stepped up while Rory and Mal have slacked off. The introducing other topics and talking about music, Rory used to do more of that. Does Mal listen to anything besides Griselda and Drake? Parks didn't talk as much with Ice and Ish.

and I think Parks is the one Rory questioned how much they were getting. Think about it. Parks is getting married. Parks moved in to another nicer spot.

But Parks is doing engineer, studio, co-host. So he's getting paid for that. I'm sure he was probably getting paid more than Rory.

and if you're Parks, how would you feel if Rory inquired about your worth. Especially when Parks knows it's not yours. He sounded fed up and he wanted to go in, and Joe had to stop him.

Rory would be out of line to question what Parks check looks like. He’s at the crib editing and uploading the pod hours after they leave.

I remember there was a pod where Joe was gone and Mal and Rory did it without Joe. It was cringe, a lot of people didn't like it and it never happened again lol I don't see those 2 doing their own.
If we thinking about the same one some time last year it was super whack and short IIRC.

Parks' about face was because they DIDN'T show up again. Everyone except for Joseph seemed to think the beef was squashed. It was time to record 437 and they didn't show up.

437 doesn't turn out how it does if Rory & Mal show up for work
Yeah. That kinda gets lost for what we did get.

Parks definitely gave off nasty vibes and was talking much more than usual to the issue but that's cuz Parks probably actually is angry.

Its something I've suspected since they left and it leaked about Joe telling Mal to mind his business.

It's one thing to just say Parks agrees and sides with Joe but i get the feeling he has an even stronger opinion than Joe about the quality of the pod the past few months, Joe telling Rory to take a week off, and Mal stepping in like this shouldnt be done without a group say so and Joe shouldnt keep podding with other ppl.

It kinda just falls to the side cuz Joe is extra loud about it and Parks aint in charge at all so he isnt going to make it his problem but it just feels like Parks would go in if he was the boss.

Last edited:
Parks whole stance was that the show goes on so it’s no surprise the side he’s on. I gotta listen to the whole pod though because people saying he was doing too much.

What's funny is Mal took a stand with Rory when Joe asked Rory to take a few days off and his thought process was it should've been a collective decision but I wonder if mal thought that collective decision should've involved parks?

Yeah the Parks stuff isn't surprising. Sounds like he has something invested and is happy with his cut

I wonder what all expenses Joe was passing on to them. I'm sure he started reinvesting $$$ back into the other pods once those started

Joe is a wild dude. I think I would respect it more if he stood behind it instead of saying I was hurt and lashing out.

and I wonder what was edited out, it was worse :rofl: I'm sure Mal living on couches hiding detergent was one. I hope it was Tide or Gain and not one of those cheap ones.

and Rory acted like an employee. The talking behind Joe's back. And it sounds like they tried to get Parks involved. Rory sounds like he tried everything passive aggressively.

That's a problem with having friends in business.

Sounds like Rory just wanted that Spotify re-up and wasn't about that ownership.

I don't think parks has anything invested. I think he has a fee for all the equipment, his house, and his services for editing and participation and his cost is being met. Mal and Rory didn't have a fee coming in because they didn't know what they were worth.

Back
Top Bottom