The "DAMN I remember them!!!" Vintage Nike Thread!!!

Nice kicks but don't you think this thread belongs in the Nike Retro section?

The easy answer to your question is the one the OP gave four years ago: These are OG shoes, therefore not retros, and therefore this is the proper forum for them.

But on second thought ... we might distinguish between shoes being OG or retro, and purchases being OG or retro. If you own a pair of those David Robinson pumps made in 1991, then you own an OG shoe. But what if you bought those shoes in 2014, in an online auction or from someone else? IMO, that kind of purchase is a "retro" purchase, because it's a contemporary purchase of a shoe that was made long ago. An OG purchase is a purchase of any shoe, retro or OG, where you bought the shoe at the time it was released.

So if I own a pair of 1991 Robinson pumps, and I bought the shoes in 1991 or thereabouts when they were originally released, that's an "OG purchase of an OG shoe". If I own a pair of 1991 Robinson pumps and I bought them in 2012, that's a "retro purchase of an OG shoe".

You can also have OG or retro purchases of retro shoes. For example, what if I own a pair of the Air Jordan II retros that were released in 1995? Even though that shoe is 21 years old, it's still a retro, not an OG. But what if I purchased that shoe off the shelves in 1995 when it was released? That's an "OG purchase of a retro shoe". If i bought that shoe in 2015, that's a "retro purchase of a retro shoe".

Alright then, LOL.

Last edited:

Just got these 2 pair of 1984 Vandals in the mail. I remember having these in 4th grade!

I had this shoe back in '98 when I worked for Footaction. My feet had grown a little more and I couldn't fit them after a while. Gave them to my little cousin. It's one shoe that got away that I need to reaquire. Forgive me if it has been posted lol.

Wow, that new one looks pretty bad compared with OG. How is the leather, is it genuine at least.

Wow, that new one looks pretty bad compared with OG. How is the leather, is it genuine at least.

Tried them on at HoH last week with full intentions of grabbing.

UNTIL THAT LEATHER. It was top walmart quality. Pushed on the toe box and it didn't even wrinkle, just went in as one large area. Couldn't do it at $150, and I had these OG and have been waiting 2 decades for a retro. Damn.

So sad, classic Nike move. Oh well we will wait for the deep, deep discounts at the outlet. 

I cant do the shiny pleather anythings anymore.

Too many deadly comfy options makes them just sit in the box

I FINALLY got my hands on, a pair of my grails, a few weeks ago... I didn't know which pics were the best, so I just posted up the majority...
 ​
nthat.gif
 ​
 ​
The Nike Decade (1996)
Worn by the INFAMOUS...
"Heaven's Gate Cult"
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 ​

Last edited:
Alright fellas lets not let this thread die..... Ive been waiting half my life to figure out what these were on my feet... Would someone mind telling me if they know...

Dubby, that looks awfully like a 'kids' (whether toddler, kids, grade school, etc. I'm not sure) version of the Griffey Max III. Consistent with the M's jersey as well. Pretty awesome.

Dubby, that looks awfully like a 'kids' (whether toddler, kids, grade school, etc. I'm not sure) version of the Griffey Max III. Consistent with the M's jersey as well. Pretty awesome.
My brother... Thank you so much! for the heads up... I might have to go and cop these for sentimental reasons. And yeah my folks always kept me clean :smokin

Code:
Hello.I am looking for the Nike Air Force and Flight 1987-93 and especially the HIGH and 3/4 but even mid and low.My size is 11-11.5 us, but if you have between 9 and 12 it suits me for my collection. Meme 8 us for my friend. If there is someone who sells for not abused prices as I see a little everywhere then please contact me (pm). Thank you

These are from 2000, the shoes are DS but the air bubble is starting to fog. Is there anything I can do to make them last longer? I'm gonna wear these and I don't expect them to last too long but not sure if there's anything I can do to them.

Back
Top Bottom