THE DARK KNIGHT RISES Official Thread - 6/28 - TV Spot 10 on Last Page (More Selina Kyle)

Highly enjoyable movie. Definitely knew JGL was going to have a key role in the film. My brother is out now buying Batman Begins and The Dark Knight on Blu-Ray...Looks like I'm not doing anything today. Haha.

So Batman can jump off a skyscraper with another person land on a car and brush it off but tackling Harvey Dent off a ledge cripples him for 8 years?

I swear I don't get how you people can like this movie that much.

It basically throws the what made the other two movies great out the window.

So Batman can jump off a skyscraper with another person land on a car and brush it off but tackling Harvey Dent off a ledge cripples him for 8 years?

I didn't think the injury crippled him for eight years, it was the death of his girl. He had nothing to live for so he didn't get any treatment for his body and let himself go. He wasn't disabled for 8 years, he just shut himself in for 8 years.

I didn't think the injury crippled him for eight years, it was the death of his girl. He had nothing to live for so he didn't get any treatment for his body and let himself go. He wasn't disabled for 8 years, he just shut himself in for 8 years.

So he was walking around with that cane for show? Come on now

Saw this Friday morning at the true IMAX theater in NYC.

Loved every minute of it. Completely lost track of time.

TDK will never be topped but TDKR is spectacular in its own right. 

I truly thought TDKR was vastly over hyped and yet it exceeded every single expectation I had for the film. 

I plan on seeing it again in the theaters soon.

Was it explicitly explained that was the reason for his knee? Or was it a combination of years of abuse, such as the landing on the car from his penthouse in addition to the fall from Dent. He went to the doctor and he had no cartilage, its not like he tore his ACL and never got it repaired. He's 8 years older plus all of the years of punishment his body has taken.

Its out of the question that he's injured and old, but a car flying across rooftops is ok. Or every single one of the Jokers elaborate plans went off without a problem. We never see where Batman hits with his grappling gun every time, that's totally unrealistic, right? How could Dent survive with severe burns but he refused pain medication. Batman being too injured is not a stretch at all. The movie has some weak areas that might need some better explaining but that complaint is not good enough for me.

How could we like it this much?

- Great action scenes.. The fight with Bane, he and Catwoman teaming up, the Bat flying, the final battle between the 2 huge groups
- Maybe we loved the acting which outside of Cotillards last scene was excellent. Michael Caine and Bale gave their best performances of the series, Hathaway was great, Oldman and JGL? Also strong.
- connections to the first two movies with Ras and the League, then the after effects of Dent's death, plus Bruce unable to move on past Rachel
- the ongoing relationship between Batman and Gordon, Bruce and Alfred, gave us some of the best moments of the series
- Bane was a great villain of brute strength and training as he was a physical dominant force to Batman
- amazing soundtrack
- amazing visuals
- and in short, it gave you a satisfying conclusion to a series that felt connected to the recurring themes of the trilogy. Especially after following TDK and insanely high expecations, the small negatives are outweighed by the huge positives.

I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Bane's swag tho..
nthat.gif
nthat.gif

I agree that there were alot plot holes also.

Not sure if this was mentioned...but Batman escaped the prison and was able to jump and climb that wall with no CARTILAGE in his knee
laugh.gif

If you guys want to be picky about Wayne escaping the prison in record time lets also not forget how ridciculous it was that Gordon and the people he was with didnt break thru the ice when they were exiled.

Was it explicitly explained that was the reason for his knee? Or was it a combination of years of abuse, such as the landing on the car from his penthouse in addition to the fall from Dent. He went to the doctor and he had no cartilage, its not like he tore his ACL and never got it repaired. He's 8 years older plus all of the years of punishment his body has taken.
Its out of the question that he's injured and old, but a car flying across rooftops is ok. Or every single one of the Jokers elaborate plans went off without a problem. We never see where Batman hits with his grappling gun every time, that's totally unrealistic, right? How could Dent survive with severe burns but he refused pain medication. Batman being too injured is not a stretch at all. The movie has some weak areas that might need some better explaining but that complaint is not good enough for me.
How could we like it this much?
- Great action scenes.. The fight with Bane, he and Catwoman teaming up, the Bat flying, the final battle between the 2 huge groups
- Maybe we loved the acting which outside of Cotillards last scene was excellent. Michael Caine and Bale gave their best performances of the series, Hathaway was great, Oldman and JGL? Also strong.
- connections to the first two movies with Ras and the League, then the after effects of Dent's death, plus Bruce unable to move on past Rachel
- the ongoing relationship between Batman and Gordon, Bruce and Alfred, gave us some of the best moments of the series
- Bane was a great villain of brute strength and training as he was a physical dominant force to Batman
- amazing soundtrack
- amazing visual
- and in short, it gave you a satisfying conclusion to a series that felt connected to the recurring themes of the trilogy. Especially after following TDK and insanely high expecations, the small negatives are outweighed by the huge positives.

Bane didn't receive any training outside of normal League of Shadows training which why I'm bothered he was able to handle Batman so easily.

I mean Batman beat up other League of Shadows dudes with ease in previous movies but Bane is a big guy and that's it. No reasonable explanation was given to why he was able to manhandle Batman.

I swear y'all trying to find every single detail about how something went down...where is the f****% imagitanion?

The movie was almost three hours long... yes it could have been a liitle longer and y'all still would be b*$&$% about other "plot holes"

:smh:

I swear y'all trying to find every single detail about how something went down...where is the f****% imagitanion?
The movie was almost three hours long... yes it could have been a liitle longer and y'all still would be b*$&$% about other "plot holes"
:smh:

They want EVERY SINGLE DETAIL explained to them.

So him being younger and stronger than an old and injured Batman is unreasonable to you?

Batman completely underestimated Bane and that was a disadvantage in the first meeting. Bruce's mind wasn't in the right place to handle it. And just because we didn't see additional training for Bane doesn't mean anything. Bruce was able to defeat other League members who had been more experienced and even defeated Ras who was the leader.. How is that believable but someone ELSE being stronger than Batman is far-fetched?

So is that the only problem you had with what I said?

saw it first thing friday morning. MAN... im about to go watch it again, and probably a 3rd time when i get back to from vaca

Good movie.. no, GREAT movie

They want EVERY SINGLE DETAIL explained to them.

This didn't happen after TDK. so obviously Rises wasn't quite as smooth. It had alot more moving parts to deal with. That doesn't make it bad.

i think the term plot hole is way overused. There were things that i think more time and attention should have been spent on. Plot hole is a severe exaggeration.

Loved it. I surprisingly found myself liking Bane as a villain in this film even more than the Joker. Not knowing the true history behind the Joker in TDK adds to his mystery and all, but Bane's backstory in this film is just so epic. The visuals of the prison, the chanting, it was just incredible.

I did feel that keeping Wayne alive was a mistake though. They allude to his death constantly throughout the movie. I think by keeping Wayne alive they retroactively make the challenge he faced seem less dominant.

Last edited:
So him being younger and stronger than an old and injured Batman is unreasonable to you?
Batman completely underestimated Bane and that was a disadvantage in the first meeting. Bruce's mind wasn't in the right place to handle it. And just because we didn't see additional training for Bane doesn't mean anything. Bruce was able to defeat other League members who had been more experienced and even defeated Ras who was the leader.. How is that believable but someone ELSE being stronger than Batman is far-fetched?

im saying batman been sitting on his couch for 8 years :lol: plus dude was fighting with anger rather than fighting smart

Running up and swinging on bane like its a HS fight :lol:

How is Bane younger than Batman when dude was a grown *** man when old girl was a child? She had been investing in the company for 8 years so she's at least 26 which means Bane is probably older than Batman.

Batman had been in a damn prison recovering from a broke back for 5 months and he all of a sudden could handle Bain no problem?

Look Transformers 3 had a bunch of cool action scenes and epic fights but the plot didn't make any sense. This movie isn't as bad as that but I feel it got away from the spirit of what made the first two great.

I feel they were like "look its the third and final one so it has to be epic whether it makes sense or not"

Last edited:
I liked it overall.

-I got vibes like I was watching the Animated Series ie: The makeshift courthouse (I liked the judges stand especially) and the whole scene in the prison with all the chanting. Even though this series was supposed to be more realistic, I liked how he still put in elements of comic book/cartoonish camp
-I also liked how they got to do the whole Batman/Catwoman/Robin trifecta working together thing without being too cheesy and explicit
-I like how the prison was also the Lazerus pit in a way. People who actually got out came out a stronger person and pretty much got another chance at life.
-Bane was great. Dude outsmarted and overpowered Batman like he should have. His voice was pretty understandable, after the the first plane scene, I was able to adjust and make out what he was saying. Tom Hardy did a good job, unfortunately he will always be overshadowed by Heath's legendary performance. Dude was able to bring out emotion with only the parts of his face not covered by the mask.

-I felt like they definitely could have made it longer to flesh out some of the subplots ie. the story about the clean energy reactor and the missing story of how Bruce got back to Gotham along with obtaining the clean slate.
-Why was Alfred the expert on Bane, telling the whole prison story to Bruce.
-Hated that Bane died with a missile and a stupid one-liner following that.
-There were parts with bad writing/acting ie. Daggett explaining the clean slate like he was reading off of a catalog description and Talia's death scene had me thinking of that Dave Chapelle skit where his body guard gets shot.

I will say this though.

The part where they lit up the Bat signal on the side of the building was my favorite part in the whole movie.

Pretty sure batman didn't break his back
:rofl:

Lmao thats all i have to say. maybe you need to watch things in slow motion. and need subtitles, and god knows what else.

they flat out said it.

i understand that the transition between time could have been better but who cares, they alluded to the jumps in time.

It seems like if they they had a 15 second four way split screen of batman trying to make the climb for the 5 month period you guys would be more comfortable than "5 months later"

Back
Top Bottom