THE DARK KNIGHT RISES Official Thread - 6/28 - TV Spot 10 on Last Page (More Selina Kyle)

http://filmonic.com/chris-nolan-wont-produce-any-more-batman-movies-after-tdkr
In an interview with the Associated Press, Nolan revealed that this truly is the final time he’ll be involved with anything Batman-related. When asked if he was planning on being involved with the character at some point in the future, here’s what he said:

“No, none at all,” Nolan said. “We’re finished with all we’re doing with Batman. This is the end of our take on this character…Batman will outlive us all, and our interpretation was ours. Obviously, we consider it definitive and kind of finished. The great thing about Batman is he lives on for future generations to reinterpret, and obviously, Warners will have to decide in the future what they’re going to do with him,” Nolan said. “We’ve had our say on the character…I’ve got no plans to do anything more, and certainly, no involvement with any ‘Justice League’ project.”

I was really surprised of Anne Hathaway's performance after hearing all the hate about her not being a good actress and not fit to play cat woman. I thought she was amazing and surpassed my low expectations of her. Her ability to change from a devious and conniving villain into a helpless and innocent woman on a dime I thought was pretty convincing. Her suit too
smokin.gif
. Great movie overall.
Hathaway SERIOUSLY surprised me, I was afraid that she was going to screw it up, but she did an OUTSTANDING performance, I was so happy for her great work in the movie.

Dark Knight Rising was epic but the first 2 movies were better.

Dark Knight Rising got a little silly with the time jumps and Batman going from cripple status to owning Bane. 

I will be purchasing the trilogy on Blu-Ray though.

The movie was so amazing.  I wouldn't even rate it between the other two batman films.  They are all beautiful in their own way.
nthat.gif

I LOVED the ending. But even if Nolan is done with the movies, doesn't mean the Batman series is over...
wink.gif

Why introduce Robin???

The Trilogy is done, but doesn't mean Batman is over...Time for a new story,  the first 3 is mainly about Batman...
but we need a...

BATMAN BEYOND MOVIE!!!

just watched it. i dont even think i blinked the whole 2.45  hours lol. definately is great movie

I definitely loved this film. Bane was cold blooded throughout the whole film. I just wish he would have died a different way.

oh....

TDKR>TDK

I swear some dudes watch movies for the purpose of FINDING something wrong with.

Like just enjoy the damb movie.
laugh.gif

Liam Neeson was uhh...who was he again? Ra Al whatever?

AMAZING.
Dark Knight was soo good, I was expecting this to not reach that on terms overall sheer beauty, and IMO, it eclipse it. TDKR was one of the most amazing movies ever. The story line, this gawd damn story line was magnificent.
Bane character x voice = super villain icing. If I had a gripe, and its a small one, I wanted to see Bane die a different way, meh.
This is what I wanted to say because I can't find the words to type right now. Great culmination to the Batman trilogy. Each film surpassed the previous one. If I had my way, there wouldn't be another Batman flick for a minute, but Hollywood doesn't think like me.

TDKR, at least in my opinion, is easily better than The Dark Knight. The fact that Batman actually had a villain he could fight hand to hand did it for me. Bane was a great villain. He was ruthless aggression personified.

The battle at the courthouse was epic.

Some of you are looking way too much into the ending and are confusing yourselves in the process. Just pay attention to the movie and let it play out.

Last edited:
Saw this today for the 3rd time, 2nd on IMAx and I can still say wow. For all the naysayers, if you do in fact find anything but the obvious wrong (Bane's voice change in the prologue, Bane's death) then you aren't a fan. Plotholes? Sure but remember it's a COMIC BOOK MOVIE. I mean Hulk tossing around a God? I barely sat through Avengers, and I have it in me to see TDKR at least 2 more times. This was the perfect way to end this awesome trilogy. Fanboy or not this is Batman no one will ever touch. I really pray for the person who will be tasked to reboot this in 2015.

To those thinking Bane isn't younger or stronger than Batman knee grows please. Not many people can lift a 180lbs(+/-) man over their head with ease. Batman was beat because he was a hermit for 8 years who let his past injuries fester. Bane was an active mercenary. Regardless if he was the same age as Batman, he constantly stayed training. If we wanna look at age lets put Bruce at 28 in BB and 29 in TDK. TDKR would make him 36-37? Bane 30-33 max. Also the mask not only kept him pain free but also kept his adrenaline in check. Lest not forget him punching out a concrete wall when he went berserk after his mask was broken. Batman didn't know what he was getting into in the first fight. He was too worried about proving he still had it he underestimated Bane.

"Age has taken your strength. Victory has weakened you."

"You fight like a younger man, nothing held back. Admirable, but mistaken"

Once he learned about Bane he knew to focus on the mask. As I stated this was the most comic book of the trilogy thus Bane is in fact a supervillain with weaknesses.

Don't understand how it's better than TDK. I watched BB and TDK this morning just to compare. I thought this movie had so many corny one liners in comparison. I enjoyed it but it's crazy seeing people say it's better. I guess it's cool that we all have our own opinions though. Bane was excellent.

Saw this today for the 3rd time, 2nd on IMAx and I can still say wow. For all the naysayers, if you do in fact find anything but the obvious wrong (Bane's voice change in the prologue, Bane's death) then you aren't a fan. Plotholes? Sure but remember it's a COMIC BOOK MOVIE. I mean Hulk tossing around a God? I barely sat through Avengers, and I have it in me to see TDKR at least 2 more times. This was the perfect way to end this awesome trilogy. Fanboy or not this is Batman no one will ever touch. I really pray for the person who will be tasked to reboot this in 2015.
To those thinking Bane isn't younger or stronger than Batman knee grows please. Not many people can lift a 180lbs(+/-) man over their head with ease. Batman was beat because he was a hermit for 8 years who let his past injuries fester. Bane was an active mercenary. Regardless if he was the same age as Batman, he constantly stayed training. If we wanna look at age lets put Bruce at 28 in BB and 29 in TDK. TDKR would make him 36-37? Bane 30-33 max. Also the mask not only kept him pain free but also kept his adrenaline in check. Lest not forget him punching out a concrete wall when he went berserk after his mask was broken. Batman didn't know what he was getting into in the first fight. He was too worried about proving he still had it he underestimated Bane.

"Age has taken your strength. Victory has weakened you."
"You fight like a younger man, nothing held back. Admirable, but mistaken"
Once he learned about Bane he knew to focus on the mask. As I stated this was the most comic book of the trilogy thus Bane is in fact a supervillain with weaknesses.

Clearly you dont know comic books so Ill let the hulk point slide.

Also Theres no way bane would be younger than Bruce. Bruce was around 38, but Bane was already a teen early 20 year old when Talia was born. So hed at least have to be in his mid 40's

I saw it yesterday and plan on seeing it again this week.

Imo, I like this film more than TDK just because the pacing was so well done. Hardy played Bane very well. It was awesome to see his relentlessness and just brute power as well as an intelligent villain. I think the writing should be praised also. Bane's dialogue (even if it was hard to hear/understand at some points) was on point.

The only thing I can be critical of is the voice dubbing for Bane. It was too over powering and too obvious. It sounded like he was speaking through a microphone the entire time.

I kindve spoiled it for myself though because as your supposed to think Batman was flying the reactor core over ocean, I couldn't help but remember the previous scene where the Bat actually is in full auto pilot mode when he gives the remote or detonator or whatever it was to Blake to blow a hole through the wreckage to get into the sewer system. 

Last edited:
I would love to see another movie with Th RIddler or The Penguin.

BTW I am still mad at Spiderman 3 for what they did to Venom :frown:{

Did Bane sound like the spanish accent he's suppose to have to you guys?

Watching that first fight again... just :wow:

Notice how much Bruce was just outpaced in this scene. Bane was taking him down in 1 punch, being picked up like a child then getting his back broken.

Bane was just a monster.

So essentially everything Bane did and said about the people rising up was BS. He was just giving them that glimmer of hope before the bomb goes off. He set the people against each other, caused mayhem, Blocked off the city with the hope that if the ppl rise up, or the gov't just leaves Gotham alone then he continues to not push the button. But him and talia were always going to push the button.

I wonder why talia was so into fulfilling Ra's destiny. They don't seem close from the little info about their relationship we get. It seemed deeply personal that she make Bruce suffer. Bane too. I guess Bane took up Talia's vendetta and that's that

Clearly you dont know comic books so Ill let the hulk point slide.
Also Theres no way bane would be younger than Bruce. Bruce was around 38, but Bane was already a teen early 20 year old when Talia was born. So hed at least have to be in his mid 40's

ummmm, I've got about 13 or more boxes of bagged and boarded comics that say i do bud. The hulk quote was for the ridiculousness that people find as faults in TDKR as they forget it's a comic book movie.

No Bane isn't older than Batman, there's no way. The quips during his assault on Batman are apparent he's mocking his age:

"You fight like a younger man, nothing held back. Admirable but mistaken"

Talia was always younger than Batman in the Comics by at least 5 years. Here she seems closer in age to Bane than to Batman. Making Bane the same age as Bruce or older makes no sense. Without the venom this isn't feasable, plus two old dudes beating each other up? Bane is younger and stronger to make up for the lack of the venom aspect. If not then he wouldn't be as much of a threat as he is.

Saw it Friday night and really enjoyed it, not as good as TDK but a very good film still. However, I felt it dragged in a couple parts and though I liked it, I didn't leave with that same feeling as when I saw TDK. I'm surprised so many of you thought Anne was gonna be bad, she's done a lot of good work.

I can't agree with calling this movie better than The Dark Knight.
The dialogue in RIses, to me, was AWFUL. Honestly, they're were so many corny unintentionally funny lines
I guess Batman (not Bruce) never had the most impressive lines in any of the movies, but in Rises several were just plain bad

The usual banter between Alfred and Bruce in the first two movies is hilarious, love their quick witted quips. I didn't get as much in Rises
Joker delivered with the quotables. Bane's presence was DEFINITELY there, but the content wasn't on the same level
To be fair, I swear I understood maybe half of what Bane was saying.

I know it's hard to come through in the final movie of any series, but their attempts seemed desperate to wrap everything up oh so conveniently

But as far as that final scene goes? ABSOLUTELY ******G LOVED IT
Alfred was my dudeee the entire series, and the way his stories come to life in TDK + TDKR = ahhhhh:smokin:smokin:smokin
TDK- The jewel thief throwing away the rubys- "some men just want to see the world burn"- epic line, and lead to Batman attacking the Joker w/ a whole new strategy
TDKR- Then, Alfred orders his drink, they see each other but neither acknowledge it. Just a subtle head knod. Just like my mans Albert said
Perffecttt ending, sound the music- ah! Too good!

But, as dude said, each movie was AMAZING in it's own different way. This series is one of the best
If I had to pick a favorite, I'd go with TDK because Heath was ******g UNTOUCHABLE
The best on screen performance I've ever seen personally , along with DDL in There Will Be Blood and Edward Norton in Primal Fear

ummmm, I've got about 13 or more boxes of bagged and boarded comics that say i do bud. The hulk quote was for the ridiculousness that people find as faults in TDKR as they forget it's a comic book movie.
No Bane isn't older than Batman, there's no way. The quips during his assault on Batman are apparent he's mocking his age:
"You fight like a younger man, nothing held back. Admirable but mistaken"
Talia was always younger than Batman in the Comics by at least 5 years. Here she seems closer in age to Bane than to Batman. Making Bane the same age as Bruce or older makes no sense. Without the venom this isn't feasable, plus two old dudes beating each other up? Bane is younger and stronger to make up for the lack of the venom aspect. If not then he wouldn't be as much of a threat as he is.

the quip was just Bane mocking him. Theres no way hes younger. How old are we going to say Talia is? At least 28. I mean, Marion Cottilard isnt passing for anything younger than that. Bane was already at least a teenager when she was born. So add 30 years to 18 or so and there you go. So yeah. Hes an old guy. face it. He was in the league before Bruce even showed up. I t makes no sense for a young kid, not born in the prison to be there in the first place

Bane was just more experienced and in better fighting shape than an 8 years removed bruce wayne,

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom