THE DARK KNIGHT RISES Official Thread - 6/28 - TV Spot 10 on Last Page (More Selina Kyle)

Originally Posted by Degenerate423

For those of you that read the comic books and watch the animated series, whose joker was more true to the character, heath's or jack's? 
nerd.gif

There is no true "Joker" since each stories writers have a different interpretation of the character. However, I believe that Ledger's was a combination of the original 1940s and from The Killing Joke.
If you noticed, in most Joker characterizations, he uses gag-based weapons (Nicholson) while in Nolan's characterization he prefers knives and bladed weapons.

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

Originally Posted by zube42

Originally Posted by DubA169

i am looking to read a graphic novel with bane, can someone recommend me one?

Start with The Vengeance of Bane then move on to the Knightfall saga.

.....is Vengeance of Bane a regular comic book or a graphic novel? im trying to get it tonight after work, what should i be looking for.....meaning is there some other larger Batman graphic novel that includes The Vengeance of Bane in it, under a different name??

Vengeance is a comic book, if you get a .cbr reader on your laptop you can download it for free.

I love Nolan's work as much as the next person, but Batman will be find without him. People need to chill out 
laugh.gif

A random dude tweeted that theyre building a new batcave at MGM studios in stage 30...
I hope he doesnt get fired.. lol...

batcave-small.jpg

Originally Posted by SuperSaiyan415

Originally Posted by heavenlee777

^^^ Nolan said it's the last one for him.
But I know DC is still going to make more after this one.

As long as its a reboot then im fine with that.
I doubt we'll see a reboot so soon. As much as I want more films, it won't be easy for the next actor and the next director to top off the previous Batman. The next focus for WB and DC is the superman reboot. 
Anyone read the movie tie-in books for batman begins? 

Originally Posted by Smyrthil

A random dude tweeted that theyre building a new batcave at MGM studios in stage 30...
I hope he doesnt get fired.. lol...

Think that's a given since they left the second one empty after he was gonna turn himself in.

Another pic of the bat symbol on the Highmark building here in the burgh.

batsignal-e1311825418446.jpg

Christian Bale, along with director Christoper Nolan and two of the film’s producers will appear at a press conference today.

Originally Posted by Fade On You

Another pic of the bat symbol on the Highmark building here in the burgh.

batsignal-e1311825418446.jpg

Christian Bale, along with director Christoper Nolan and two of the film’s producers will appear at a press conference today.

pimp.gif

i didnt expect bane to be a main villain in a batman movie. i always thought he was just ivy's henchman
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Degenerate423

For those of you that read the comic books and watch the animated series, whose joker was more true to the character, heath's or jack's? 
nerd.gif
The original Joker Bob Kane created was more or less the "clown prince of crime" moniker to the t. He was always cracking jokes, had gag weapons which alot of the cartoons employed, and overall was a goofy criminal mind. When they delved into a sort origin story is where you started to see a change in him and the issue where the first Robin died. I would say the 80's/90's writers took joker and almost reinvented what he has become now, a sociopath with a penchant for destruction and chaos. The Killing Joke, Long Halloween, and Joker were all stories I feel Nolan drew off f for Ledger's interpretation of the character. He is far more violent, cunning, and psychotic. Nicholson's version was somewhat a portrayal of that Cartoony/Kane Joker within a darker setting ( given it is a burton film). I like them each for their own merits, They just portray different eras and versions of the character we have come to know as the Joker.

Back
Top Bottom