"The Decision" in retrospect

Originally Posted by JsindaA

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

Originally Posted by CoupeIt88

I don't think LeBron ever knew things would get this bad.  I think he assumed all of is his fans would still love him and follow him to Miami.  I honestly don't believe he likes being the villain as much as the media says he does.  LeBron thought getting ridiculed for not winning a championship was bad and he got nervous, so he made an under pressure (not always his best time) decision and chose the Miami Heat because he was in fear of never winning a championship,  he was so scared he decided to take the easy way out.  That to me is cowardly, Jordan would not have done that, he would of fought.  Sorry but thats just what I think and many Americans believe that way also.

People like you: LBJ ITZ ALL BOUT DEM RINGZZZZZZLBJ: Fine. I'll go to Miami where I can play alongside good playoff talent.You: NO NO NO NO NO YOU SUPPOSED TO WIN BY YOURSELF LIKE MJ DID! (even though he clearly didn't)...idiots.
In a society where achieving your own success reigns supreme...I fail to see how expecting someone who is great to do so, makes one an idiot.

I fail to see how anyone who claims to watch this sport still can't understand that it's a TEAM and not individual sport.If you still insist that players like MJ won championships by themselves, then yes; you are an idiot. Period.

I don't think LeBron ever knew things would get this bad.  I think he assumed all of is his fans would still love him and follow him to Miami.  I honestly don't believe he likes being the villain as much as the media says he does.  LeBron thought getting ridiculed for not winning a championship was bad and he got nervous, so he made an under pressure (not always his best time) decision and chose the Miami Heat because he was in fear of never winning a championship,  he was so scared he decided to take the easy way out.  That to me is cowardly, Jordan would not have done that, he would of fought.  Sorry but thats just what I think and many Americans believe that way also.

People like you: LBJ ITZ ALL BOUT DEM RINGZZZZZZLBJ: Fine. I'll go to Miami where I can play alongside good playoff talent.You: NO NO NO NO NO YOU SUPPOSED TO WIN BY YOURSELF LIKE MJ DID! (even though he clearly didn't)...idiots.
In a society where achieving your own success reigns supreme...I fail to see how expecting someone who is great to do so, makes one an idiot.

I fail to see how anyone who claims to watch this sport still can't understand that it's a TEAM and not individual sport.If you still insist that players like MJ won championships by themselves, then yes; you are an idiot. Period.

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Lakers without Kobe = Memphis Grizz from the Gasol days. 
laugh.gif

Wow.

What's funnier is when some Lakers fans say that that's not a playoff team.

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

Originally Posted by 2heavencent0

laugh.gif
 This

--He quit being the main option and opted to be 1/3 of a triad of first options.
--I dont hate the Heat. I dont "dislike" Lebron. But The Decision....
eyes.gif

"Quit" on being the "main option"
roll.gif
Why are Lakers fans so effin stupid?
--Dont bash on my Laker brethren on stuff I say.
--He quit and decided to start over somewhere else. Whats so stupid about that. Thats my view/opinion. 

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

Originally Posted by 2heavencent0

laugh.gif
 This

--He quit being the main option and opted to be 1/3 of a triad of first options.
--I dont hate the Heat. I dont "dislike" Lebron. But The Decision....
eyes.gif

"Quit" on being the "main option"
roll.gif
Why are Lakers fans so effin stupid?
--Dont bash on my Laker brethren on stuff I say.
--He quit and decided to start over somewhere else. Whats so stupid about that. Thats my view/opinion. 

Ehh..I hope Lebron gets his. Looking back at the old Cavs teams that they surrounded him with makes me 
sick.gif

Ehh..I hope Lebron gets his. Looking back at the old Cavs teams that they surrounded him with makes me 
sick.gif

I never understood the hate for the Decision. Dude did an anti-Draft.

And the
laugh.gif
at he should have given Cavs a heads up. Is it protocol for teams to give players they tend to cut a heads up? Nah

Cavs got cut

I never understood the hate for the Decision. Dude did an anti-Draft.

And the
laugh.gif
at he should have given Cavs a heads up. Is it protocol for teams to give players they tend to cut a heads up? Nah

Cavs got cut

His actual decision to go and play in Miami aside, those fans didn't deserve that on national TV though.

His actual decision to go and play in Miami aside, those fans didn't deserve that on national TV though.

it wasnt just the ridiculous way he announced his decision... it was that hilarious introduction party they had.... "not 1, not 2....." and "its gonna be easy"

and when they were losing games, they were acting like the world was against them... lol at the pathetic attempt to get pity...

lotta talk from a quitter who is ringless... lebrons mouth put him where he is at... good luck living up to your 7 championships ring chaser.

it wasnt just the ridiculous way he announced his decision... it was that hilarious introduction party they had.... "not 1, not 2....." and "its gonna be easy"

and when they were losing games, they were acting like the world was against them... lol at the pathetic attempt to get pity...

lotta talk from a quitter who is ringless... lebrons mouth put him where he is at... good luck living up to your 7 championships ring chaser.

--Eh, thinking about it more now, The Decision wasnt nearly as bad as the parade/pep rally they had afterwards.
--Just sayin. Even the C's didnt celebrate like that when they acquired KG and Shuttlesworth in the summer of '07.

--Eh, thinking about it more now, The Decision wasnt nearly as bad as the parade/pep rally they had afterwards.
--Just sayin. Even the C's didnt celebrate like that when they acquired KG and Shuttlesworth in the summer of '07.

Originally Posted by Nermindee

they sold out every damn away game they went to and got boo'd like no other team.....  that is the damn truth, i watch all the games and i dont think there was 1 arena beside ATL ( they cheer for anyone ) that didnt boo... 
like someone else said... players get traded and dropped all the time without notice....so they should have gave us a heads up dont mean *$@*... 
laugh.gif
at ring chaser... do you call melo, ray, kg that?... or all the other players that get together? barkley?

Originally Posted by Nermindee

they sold out every damn away game they went to and got boo'd like no other team.....  that is the damn truth, i watch all the games and i dont think there was 1 arena beside ATL ( they cheer for anyone ) that didnt boo... 
like someone else said... players get traded and dropped all the time without notice....so they should have gave us a heads up dont mean *$@*... 
laugh.gif
at ring chaser... do you call melo, ray, kg that?... or all the other players that get together? barkley?

Come on man, you don't know me fam. I was the one telling everyone to give LeBron time, I was using Michael Jordan as an example because he didn't win until he was 28 years old. All he needed was time, I was never bashing him for not winning.  I didn't expect him to start winning until the Lakers and Celtics started to deteriorate, it's not like he was Ray Allen or KG and he was in his early 30's, he was 25 when the decision happened.   

Come on man, you don't know me fam. I was the one telling everyone to give LeBron time, I was using Michael Jordan as an example because he didn't win until he was 28 years old. All he needed was time, I was never bashing him for not winning.  I didn't expect him to start winning until the Lakers and Celtics started to deteriorate, it's not like he was Ray Allen or KG and he was in his early 30's, he was 25 when the decision happened.   

Name me one person on this planet that has achieved any sort of measurable success by themselves? Only the truly disillusioned believe success is a solo act.

Name me one person on this planet that has achieved any sort of measurable success by themselves? Only the truly disillusioned believe success is a solo act.

I didnt really care where he went and being from ny i was glad he didnt come to the knicks.

When you typed this sentence did you really expect anyone to believe you?

"Yeah, I'm glad the best player in the league didn't come and play for my favorite team in the league."

laugh.gif
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom