~| the DOM. KENNEDY thread |~

from 09-11 he used to get HEAVY spins. since he's decided to slack a lil, i've since chilled.

amazed @ how people dont see the difference between his first three tapes and maybe like his last 2 or 3...

the next joint he drops will decide whether i keep checkin for dude or chill altogether.

i'll be okay tho b/c casey with that life changes tape is takin over this lane beautifully...

Dom said it himself, that Yellow Album would have a more mature approach. Dom as an artist has grown alot and gain versatility which you can see throughout the Yellow Album.

Can't wait for his next release though. Summer is coming and I need something new to vibe with.

Once you understand the yellow album and what he was going for....it gets a lot better
This.

Became on of my favorite tapes to play, even today.

**** changes ya whole mood I swear 
pimp.gif

@hypebeast thankfully he didn't can you imagine ross trying to do adlibs on dom tracks :x smh would of ruined everything..

Nah forget all that, Dom doesn't need mmg to get that exposure, people show him love as it is

"Power106 without a manager I made it on"

Quote it, she tryna get promoted
Took me to the bathroom and you ain't even notice
Yeah, I guess we call that "groupie love"
I made her get in that jacuzzi tub

Grindin' :nthat:

Once you understand the yellow album and what he was going for....it gets a lot better
This was the first Dom Kennedy project I listened too, and I love it. It gets heavy spins from me, even more so now cause its nice out. People arent lying when they say its good weather music. I'm headed to datpiff right now to get some more of his stuff

25th hour>from the westside with love 1>yellow album>future street>...

My list is flexible but 25th hour is always gonna be his best work for me

Played yella album for a week straight when it first came out. He still gets play in the rotation but he needs to come out with some new material

25th hour>from the westside with love 1>yellow album>future street>...

My list is flexible but 25th hour is always gonna be his best work for me
I'm sorry but I just don't see how anyone could possibly feel that way. 

25th Hour has a couple highlights but front to back as a collective body of work, it doesn't come close to standing up any of his subsequent releases except the Best After Bobby tape. 

I know its all subjective but to me it's like saying Steph Curry's rookie year was his best season, yea uh no. 

Last edited:
I'm sorry but I just don't see how anyone could possibly feel that way. 

25th Hour has a couple highlights but front to back as a collective body of work, it doesn't come close to standing up any of his subsequent releases except the Best After Bobby tape. 

I know its all subjective but to me it's like saying Steph Curry's rookie year was his best season, yea uh no. 
son,

you can't compare basketball and rap.

steph curry has gotten STATISTICALLY better every year. his numbers have gone up, his team is winning, he's breaking records set by all-time greats. and he's a franchise player (or getting there if he can stay healthy). he's improved every year, but he has numbers to prove that. (saw him play in person 2 weeks ago here at staples... too smooth)

you're saying dom's 1st project can't be his best work because he must have improved? you can say that, but you don't have numbers to back that up.  you can try to argue that more people have downloaded yellow album than 25th, but damn near nobody knew who dom was when 25th was out - people are starting to hear about him now.  everybody knew who steph curry was coming into the draft.

and what about illmatic? that was his first work. nasty nas has never been the same.

it might just be me man, the first time i heard 25th in '07 or so, i was all about his smooth flow. maybe it's just sentiment.

but give that tape another listen.

Back
Top Bottom