~| the DOM. KENNEDY thread |~

I listened to 25th Hour on my way to work. I've been sleeping bros I am disappointed in myself for it.

son,
you can't compare basketball and rap.

steph curry has gotten STATISTICALLY better every year. his numbers have gone up, his team is winning, he's breaking records set by all-time greats. and he's a franchise player (or getting there if he can stay healthy). he's improved every year, but he has numbers to prove that. (saw him play in person 2 weeks ago here at staples... too smooth)

you're saying dom's 1st project can't be his best work because he must have improved? you can say that, but you don't have numbers to back that up.  you can try to argue that more people have downloaded yellow album than 25th, but damn near nobody knew who dom was when 25th was out - people are starting to hear about him now.  everybody knew who steph curry was coming into the draft.

and what about illmatic? that was his first work. nasty nas has never been the same.

it might just be me man, the first time i heard 25th in '07 or so, i was all about his smooth flow. maybe it's just sentiment.
but give that tape another listen.

Dude obviously its not a like for like comparison. But I'm not talking about stats (his stats have improved marginally btw) if you saw Steph play every game his rookie year and then this past year, it would be still be obvious to the eye of any knowledgeable basketball fan that he's a better player, even though when you remove stats out the equation that becomes a subjective measure.

To me, listening to 25th Hour and then FS/DS or anything else in his catalog, its obvious that 25th Hour is nowhere near as complete a body of work, nowhere near as good front to back, as the majority of the work that's come after.

I'm saying 25th Hour isn't Dom's best work because its not his best work, not because its his first work.

Last edited:
Dude obviously its not a like for like comparison. But I'm not talking about stats (his stats have improved marginally btw) if you saw Steph play every game his rookie year and then this past year, it would be still be obvious to the eye of any knowledgeable basketball fan that he's a better player, even though when you remove stats out the equation that becomes a subjective measure.

To me, listening to 25th Hour and then FS/DS or anything else in his catalog, its obvious that 25th Hour is nowhere near as complete a body of work, nowhere near as good front to back, as the majority of the work that's come after.

I'm saying 25th Hour isn't Dom's best work because its not his best work, not because its his first work.
idk why you brought in that steph curry reference to begin with

you can say subjectively dom has grown as an artist, that doesn't mean this subsequent projects are better

like i said, it just be my preference

myself being a young dude from LA, hearing this dude with a smooth flow rap about grape Vs, cortez, LA gears, topanga from boy meets world, undftd, hundreds, crenshaw, western, fairfax, watermelon sundaes

i felt like dude was really on his sneakerhead thing back then - don't feel that way anymore

you know what, as a NT'er, how is 25th not your fav tape??

lol really tho, give it another try

There are a number of things that define me more than being a NTer.

It sounds like 25th is your favorite, and given everything you just listed that's fitting.

But musically I don't see how anyone could rate it over some of his other tapes.

Last edited:
Dom best tape is From the WEST with Love, and it aint even close. That should of been skrink wrap and sold in stores.

^ the first half of that tape is fire

the second half i find myself skipping a lot

but Locals Only is one of my fav songs ever

I listened to 25th, Westside, and OGDK today,and I've been bumping Yellow Album for a year and my list goes

Yellow Album, 25th, OGDK, Westside. The whole thing is subject to change really, but the Yellow Album is a great project and from what I see in here, it doesnt get nearly enough credit.

Last edited:
I said hey
roll.gif

It seems like a lot of yall hate on From The Westside With Love 2 smh. Thats my fav by Dom. Been listening to him since I heard his verse on Everybody Knows Us with Pac Div & cARTer. His catalog is really consistent tho. Hard for me to rank them but I def got Yellow Album at the bottom alongside Best After Bobby. And those arent even bad projects either...

Nobody's hating on fwwl2, we were quoting grindn a page or two back
I just feel it's not as good as his other works
And the artwork on it..

When I come around & ice cream truck are the jams tho

Everytime I come in this thread its never mentioned among his projects like it dont exist or something lol. Thats why I said that. I think its real consistent tho. Dont understand why ppl dont like it like that. And the artwork dont bother me, I've seen worse....MUCH WORSE lol

His best work to me is Future Street. The subject range was just so impressive, not one skippable track .... NOT ONE! It was beautiful is straight flames, so is I apologize and menace beach. 25th is cool but he improved so much between that tape and Future Street. All of his projects get play from me though, except for Best After Bobby. As a matter of fact there are plenty of days where I just listen to Dom on shuffle.

Ive been trying to figure this out for the last 2 years i knew gridin sounded real familiar 

How is this going unnoticed lol? Did Cardo just cut, copy, then remaster this beat and pass it to Dom like, "Yo, I got this dope beat I just did yesterday waiting for you!"

How is this going unnoticed lol? Did Cardo just cut, copy, then remaster this beat and pass it to Dom like, "Yo, I got this dope beat I just did yesterday waiting for you!"

This dude Cardo is wilin', this beat was also given to Wiz's boy.

Ive been trying to figure this out for the last 2 years i knew gridin sounded real familiar 
Lol he sampled the main loop and added some current drums. Harry Fraud literally does that every song almost, but in both cases it worked because their drum patterns are
pimp.gif

I hope Future has a hook on Get Home Safely. IDK why but I think it would work.

Back
Top Bottom