~| the DOM. KENNEDY thread |~

Damn bro...the beat on that intro is MEAN...why he ain't snap :smh: I might run it back for the beat honestly...that **** too nice.

So the lazy flow is on every track??

Edit: the Dominic pt 2 beat :pimp:

lol edit 2: idk I'm kinda feeling this :lol: beats too good for it to not ride...I see what y'all saying but I can get jiggy w dis...he still saying some playa ****

In other words :pimp:

Last edited:
He just ain't got **** to say no more.

That + he can put out anything and it won't affect his show money which is probably his main income musically.

Once you amass a loyal fanbase you can do anything you want. This **** garbage but if Dom came to one of y'all cities a good portion of us are still going to see his back catalog.

Bruh is in cruise control.
BOOM.

But at the same time there's rappers like Curren$y who say the same ish over and over and remains palatable to his fanbase. He either made some investments to make him a living away from music or he really thinks he's got it like that. His decline doesn't make any sense.

Artists like Curren$y and Weeknd sell you a lifestyle.

Dom does too but he's starting to take that too literally and think that just because a track has a certain vibe or beat that it works and doesn't matter what he says.

Which would work in this era of vibe non lyrical rap if he didn't already give us classics before this era began.

Literally all Dom has to do is stay on beat and he's back giving us what we asked for.

in other words and johnny bench have dope production. As a Dom advocate, I can't really say he stood out. Album grade would be C+.

Ya know,

I wanna say dom is flirting with the bad side of the groupthink era. I mean I really do. He was trending worldwide on twitter last night and I was just like "okay come on, y'all just hating dom k because that's the kind of cool thing to do with him now is critize" plus I really hate groupthink

But man I listened to Not for sale again this morning and again I came away with it being awful. This is lowkey a tier below mediocre. Boring hooks, blah songwriting, whatever good that the production brings just gets drowned out with his lazy offbeat flow, I mean there's nothing good about this. I don't think I enjoyed a single record on this

Ya know,

I wanna say dom is flirting with the bad side of the groupthink era. I mean I really do. He was trending worldwide on twitter last night and I was just like "okay come on, y'all just hating dom k because that's the kind of cool thing to do with him now is critize" plus I really hate groupthink

But man I listened to Not for sale again this morning and again I came away with it being awful. This is lowkey a tier below mediocre. Boring hooks, blah songwriting, whatever good that the production brings just gets drowned out with his lazy offbeat flow, I mean there's nothing good about this. I don't think I enjoyed a single record on this

I haven't listened to it yet (and probably won't), but based on twitter's reaction, it was exactly like when Best After Bobby 2 dropped (which I did listen to), and if that's any indication, Dom really came through with the worst tape of the year :lol: :lol:

I haven't listened to it yet (and probably won't), but based on twitter's reaction, it was exactly like when Best After Bobby 2 dropped (which I did listen to), and if that's any indication, Dom really came through with the worst tape of the year :lol: :lol:

:lol: right in time too

I never expect bars from him. All he had to do is stay on beat and rhyme.

Why you switch the flow up bruh?

Ya know,

At this point he's never getting a large portion of his casual fanbase back, sans him signing or otherwise gaining more visibility coupled with better quality. A lot of people have already stopped checking for him and this just adds another reason.

I feel like he doesn't realize how big he is or was at one point. Yellow Album is a classic to me and all of those close in age to me (mid 90's babies and after). we started smoking drinking and ******* **** to that

Last edited:

Its not even close to the worst tape of the year. Im sure one of those generic C tier trap artists got that on lock. This is better than BAB2 but that aint saying much cuz that maybe one of the worst mixtapes ive ever heard

Theres some songs where you can hear the old him a lil & even a couple when his new lazy flow actually kinda works lol. But for the most part this is really lackluster smh

Definitely better than 'By Dom Kennedy'. His producers gave him a nice alley, he blew it. But there are some nice cuts on here:

Johnny Beach
California

He just ain't got **** to say no more.

That + he can put out anything and it won't affect his show money which is probably his main income musically.

Once you amass a loyal fanbase you can do anything you want. This **** garbage but if Dom came to one of y'all cities a good portion of us are still going to see his back catalog.

Bruh is in cruise control.

Well put. I think he got too comfortable outside of music just living life. The production was great, especially the Polyester the Saint and J Lbs songs. California is probably the best song but that's not saying much.

Edit: I think this interview is worth checking out.
http://directedbydamour.com/dom-kennedy-exclusive-interview-los-angeles-is-not-for-sale-opm/

Last edited:
Lol not gonna lie I actually like this album a lot. Just what I needed. Great production and fly raps. His rapping could def be better as some songs he's not even rhyming but it's enjoyable for the most part.

California you can definitely here old dom. Shoulda took that approach to the whole album. It's so apparent someone asked me was it the same person rapping

Well put. I think he got too comfortable outside of music just living life. The production was great, especially the Polyester the Saint and J Lbs songs. California is probably the best song but that's not saying much.

Edit: I think this interview is worth checking out.
http://directedbydamour.com/dom-kennedy-exclusive-interview-los-angeles-is-not-for-sale-opm/

This interview was everything. Great read.
Just finished reading the whole thing. Didn't know the OPM flag idea came from his association from Tommy Hilfiger's son.

Definitely better than 'By Dom Kennedy'. His producers gave him a nice alley, he blew it. But there are some nice cuts on here:

Johnny Beach
California

Yea those same songs stood out to me but this was not better than By Dom Kennedy to me. I actually kinda liked that album after awhile

Back
Top Bottom