The Donald Sterling Thread

This is what I don't like; whenever some PR nightmare like this occurs we vilify one person but then we completely sanctify the other.

Like I wouldn't be surprised if no intelligent man with an ounce of self-awareness would ever stick his **** in that again

Last edited:
For anyone that was concerned about privacy or vilifying the chick, apparently sterling knew he was being recorded and this happens all the time

Stiviano said she worked for four years as Sterling’s archivist, and as part of the job, she routinely recorded their conversations, according to TMZ. Before the conversation in question, sources connected with Stiviano said she insisted it was clear to Sterling that the conversation was being recorded. The full conversation lasted for about an hour. The source said Stiviano usually plays the tapes back for Sterling to hear, as he often forgets what he had said.

http://nesn.com/2014/04/donald-sterling-reportedly-knew-he-was-being-taped-during-rant/

I thought I posted that when this story first broke. Gives no credence to the vilification of the chick.

Silver is the man for his actions yesterday... now he just needs to take the rule about running away after a foul rule away. and hes grade A

I like how nobody commented on the fact that Plies dropped a diss track

Plies' opinion is so valid and relevant, man. They be calling Plies up on CNN and even Fox News when world-shaking events occur.

SOMEONE GET AHOLD OF PLIES SO THAT I MAY MAKE SENSE OF THIS SITUATION!

WERE IS PLIES?!

The whole thing is a sham to me. Someone should ask Rivers if those people who were ACTUALLY discriminated against wouldn't have a problem w/ Shelly Sterling still being visible at Clippers games....

Rivers, just last year, was saying how "things were different" (in a good way) in the Clippers organization when questioned about working under Sterling. Then he has the ******* audacity to talk about resigning if Sterling's penalty wasn't up to what he thought was appropriate? Get outta here...

I really hope people can see the transparency in this situation.
Whole situation is pathetic. Sterling has been a known racist for as long as I can remember. These idiots can't just turn a blind eye anymore now that it has become too public. No respect for anyone outspoken on the issue that wasn't chiming in before this all went down.

So just following up here, has Donald Sterling made any official comments in response to yesterday? Just got home, haven't kept up today.

There wasn't any apology issued, and from reports he still has no intention to sell.

Originally I thought taking over the team from Sterling and selling it would be a lot more complicated and difficult.. resulting in Sterling taking them to court and causing a huge circus.. but I didn't realize the NBA Constitution was structured the way it is and it seems far easier and simpler.

I'm glad I was wrong on that one :lol:

Don't know if this was posted, but it serves as an interesting read.

http://blogs.wsj.com/law/2014/04/29/nbas-decision-against-clippers-owner-is-it-legal/?mod=newsreel

NBA’s Decision Against Clippers’ Owner: Is It Legal?

Days after a recording of Los Angeles Clippers’ owner Donald Sterling making racially insensitive comments went public, NBA Commissioner Adam Silver responded. In a big way.

On Tuesday, Mr. Silver announced that Mr. Sterling would be banned for life and fined $2.5 million for making racist comments. The commissioner also said he would urge the league’s board of governors to force the team’s sale.

Were Mr. Silver’s moves legal?

Let’s start with the fine and life suspension. Lawyers and legal experts generally seem to think that on these two moves, Mr. Silver was on sound legal footing.

The NBA’s constitution – a collection of bylaws governing the operation of the league and agreed to by the league’s 30 team owners – grants the NBA’s commissioner wide latitude to punish behavior deemed “prejudicial” or “detrimental” to the league, according to Gabe Feldman, director of the sports-law program at Tulane University.

The constitution specifically allows for fines and indefinite suspensions. “It’s a broad power that Adam Silver has, and it’s given to him explicitly by Sterling and the other 29 owners,” said Mr. Feldman.

Under the terms of the NBA’s constitution, Mr. Silver’s decision has the effect of a binding arbitration decision and is enforceable in court, according to Jeffrey Kessler, a prominent sports lawyer with Winston & Strawn LLP in New York.

Overturning it could be difficult, said Mr. Kessler, as arbitrations are often only reversed when a losing party can point to fraud or a serious conflict of interest on the part of an arbitrator.

Challenging the lifetime ban and the fine, partly for these reasons, is going to be hard, according to Mr. Kessler. “He has a history of being very litigious so I’d expect a lawsuit,” said Mr. Kessler. “But I don’t think any lawsuit would have much merit.”

A lawyer for Mr. Sterling declined to comment on Tuesday.

Mr. Silver on Tuesday indicated he was moving forward with plans to force Mr. Sterling to sell the Clippers.

Under the NBA constitution, such a move would require the support of at least three-quarters of the league’s owners. But whether the owners would have grounds to oust Mr. Sterling from the league under the NBA constitution is a more difficult question, said Howard Wasserman, a sports-law expert at Florida International University.

Many of the behaviors that constitute a justification for a forced sale involve financial issues, like failing to make payments on time or gambling on NBA games.

A provision of the constitution allows for “the interest of any owner” to be terminated if he “wilfully violates” any other provisions of the constitution.

But Mr. Wasserman said it was unclear if “this sort of abhorrent personal behavior” is grounds for removing an owner. “It largely depends on how the other owners think about that question,” he said. “The assumption, I think, is that the termination power is reserved for someone who is mismanaging the team, not paying bills, that kind of thing.”

The NY Post is saying Donald Sterling has cancer

Last edited:
Sterling is gonna pull a Joe Pa and just die in the middle of turmoil..

old dude can't handle the reality that his legacy will forever be tarnished. just like Joe Pa

He doesn't have cancer.. they're just trying to gain sympathy.

I'm going to need to see his X-rays before I believe it.

SHOW ME THE X-RAYS

He doesn't have cancer.. they're just trying to gain sympathy.

I'm going to need to see his X-rays before I believe it.

SHOW ME THE X-RAYS

I don't think X-ray's show whether or not a person a cancer. We're going to need to see biopsy results.

Putting everything aside, you never want to wish bad health on anyone.

Just saying cancer is so vague. Regardless no reason to speculate until further info comes out

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom