The Elite Chris Paul Thread

Didn't the Jazz have to go through Houston, San Antonio, and the LA to reach the finals? Didn't they lose 3 games against MJ's Bulls by like a combined 8 points?

But yeah.

Last edited:
[QUOTE name="worldbeefreeg"][/QUOTE]Didn't the pacers make the Finals in 2000?

Last edited by a moderator:
No luck.
No depth on teams.
Doesn't play in the Eastern conference.
His height.
Best player at his position and of this generation but shouldn't be mentioned with the best players of other positions of this generation.
You must not watch the games.

That is literally every CP0 excuse wrapped into one post.

Bravo.

Last edited by a moderator:

i don't know how anyone can defend CP0 after the historic choke job against the Rockets.

we all know he has a great stat sheet but to be considered a top 2 player at your position, you simply don't allow your team to lose a series to an inferior team after being 3-1. there are no ands or buts about it.
50/40/90 22 points 8 assists and 2 turnovers a game. How is that his fault?
Maybe because from the point in time that the Clippers were up 19 and the Rockets started a comeback, Chris Paul was 1 for 5 from the field with 0 assists?

Would that be a valid reason?

Last edited:
poor man's Andre Miller
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

i don't know how anyone can defend CP0 after the historic choke job against the Rockets.

we all know he has a great stat sheet but to be considered a top 2 player at your position, you simply don't allow your team to lose a series to an inferior team after being 3-1. there are no ands or buts about it.

50/40/90 22 points 8 assists and 2 turnovers a game. How is that his fault?
Maybe because from the point in time that the Clippers were up 19 and the Rockets started a comeback, Chris Paul was 1 for 5 from the field with 0 assists?

Would that be a valid reason?

If the other players on his team would just hit their shots, his assist numbers would be higher!

... or he could have realized that Jamal and BG went into straight lemon booty status and use his 'ultra-hot-super-statistic-impossible-to-defend-midrange game' to win the game.

Instead, nope.

Who's calling him top 2, tho? Ska, is it on the 1st page?
Right here:[quote name="awwsome"][quote name="DarthSka"]
I'm not even going to deny that Steve Nash is a liability on defense. It's blatantly obvious. But you know what you are going to deny? That Chris Paul flops, twirls, spins, whines, and climbs on the backs of opponents in order to advance in the playoffs life, and it's absolutely not working for him.
All that flopping and whining and he's still better than Nash though, that makes 0 sense. :lol:

Yall could hate him all you want, he's still the second best point guard to play the game in reality.[/quote][/quote]

Last edited:
Any east team today would get demolished by that laker team [emoji]128514[/emoji]. Bron can't even beat the old spurs imagine all of them in the 20s. It was a job to make the ECF now its a cake walk

J kidd east> east now

Now this I disagree with. As least the top teams in the east today can compete with the west. 01 Sixers & 02 Nets were getting stomped out in the Finals.
The only team in the East today that can hang with the West squads is a team led by the best player of this generation. Hawks, Bulls, none of these guys can compete with the west squads.

Now this I disagree with. As least the top teams in the east today can compete with the west. 01 Sixers & 02 Nets were getting stomped out in the Finals.
bruh , the spurs stomped out the heat just last year..... and the west bout to smash again this year. 

Last edited:
I was gonna say, that shouldn't even be a debate. I would hope that we could collectively agree on that.

[quote name="awwsome"]But yall enjoy, like I said he's still the second best PG ever, whether yall want to admit it or not.[/quote] Stickin' to it, jjs07 jjs07 , SneakerProSr. SneakerProSr. . :lol:

Last edited:
[quote name="JohnnyRedStorm"]Ska you've seen a lot of dudes, what's your top 5?[/quote]I'm terrible at narrowing things down to a number. Ask me 10, I'll give you 20. :lol:

Magic is 1.

Thomas
Kidd
Payton
Stockton
Nash

Pick 4 to round out my 5.

I would say Iverson, but if I'm knocking CP for not being a mental assassin (and I am), then I need to knock Bubba Chuck for not buying into a team's needs, many times (and I have knocked him for exactly that). I'd pick him over CP3... most times I'm asked.

Big fan of Andre Miller, Rod Strickland, Chauncey, but not confidently picking them over CP3. This is the company I have him in.

DESPITE THE SIGNIFICANT DISPARITY IN PAPER NUMBERS (and I state that on purpose), I think DFish could do more with the current Clippers squad. With Derek bringing up the ball, I'm confident they get farther than that team just did... ESPECIALLY if he were on the team and they go up 3-1 on the series and build a 19 point lead at the end of the 3rd at home. NO WAY Fish lets his team let that slip (And every word of that was picked intentionally). Spare me the "But, Shaq" and "But, Kobe" responses. Both Shaq & Kobe will attest that when it mattered, they were glad Fisher was on their squad.

I'm not putting Fish anywhere close to all time company; maybe top 100, sure. :lol: And by saying that I trust Fish over Chris, that doesn't mean Chris is outside of the top 100 now.

There are things that count more than what paper shows. There's no stat for chemistry, so Iverson statists can argue his paper greatness, and they're right.

There's no stat for reminding the team that there's a tv timeout coming and we still have all three of ours and the ball with a 5 point lead that we could easily stretch to 10 in the next 120 seconds of gametime.

(I know, I know. "Mans just put Fish with CP3. :lol: " I'm expecting it. From simpletons, no less, but expecting it.)

Last edited:
repped at ska.agree with you on all that.

tell me to recall my favorite players career stats and i couldnt do it . i watch games , hella games . 

the eye test >>>>> 

Last edited:
Wow, your really just argued for D.Fish over CP3, that is a Skip Bayless level type hot take. I should have known better to even come into this thread.

Back
Top Bottom