The Elite Chris Paul Thread

The only guys Magic should be compared to are Lebron, Kidd, Big O and Bird.

CP3 deserves to be mentioned with GP, Nash, Isiah, Stockton etc.

Guys in this thread act like you can win in today's NBA by yourself... at point guard!

I like D. Rose, but put CP3 on that Bulls team with a healthy Pau - they probably win a ring this year.

When CP3's contract expires he'll team up with LeBron and get his ring.

I'm a Suns fan that watched CP3 repeatedly punk a pretty good PG: Goran Dragic.

I was wondering why he didn't receive much criticism over the past few years, but now..

Eh. He's what, 6'1? And not an exceptional athlete (he is strong and great lateral quickness, but you know what I mean). He is what he is.

I would argue he's maxed out all of his ability. But as a ball dominant, small player...there is a ceiling. I could easily see him landing in a spot later in his career as a 3rd or 4th best player on a title team. But as the guy? No, too little. I argued this years ago (2010 maybe) that I couldn't put a player of that size as a 'franchise' or all time guy where some people were eager to place him.

But yeah, People will say "he never lost a series as a favorite" or whatever. Well, that's kind of the point, isn't it? He hasn't led a team a to top-dog position. If you're a Top 5 player and the 2nd best PG of all time, you better have a year or two where you're not an underdog in the 2nd round.

Honestly every dude on that list would've put the team on their shoulders and closed out Houston in 3 tries. Nash is the only guy cp can be compared to. Kidd took Kenyon martin and RJ to the finals [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Westbrook would've came in and dropped 50 in gave 5 if he had to secure a win

I was wondering why he didn't receive much criticism over the past few years, but now..

Eh. He's what, 6'1? And not an exceptional athlete (he is strong and great lateral quickness, but you know what I mean). He is what he is.

I would argue he's maxed out all of his ability. But as a ball dominant, small player...there is a ceiling. I could easily see him landing in a spot later in his career as a 3rd or 4th best player on a title team. But as the guy? No, too little. I argued this years ago (2010 maybe) that I couldn't put a player of that size as a 'franchise' or all time guy where some people were eager to place him.

But yeah, People will say "he never lost a series as a favorite" or whatever. Well, that's kind of the point, isn't it? He hasn't led a team a to top-dog position. If you're a Top 5 player and the 2nd best PG of all time, you better have a year or two where you're not an underdog in the 2nd round.

View media item 1191954

it's not about winning by yourself, it's about being a leader that can wake his team up and get them to focus in the midst of blowing a 20 point lead in a close out game. elite players dont let that happen.

Rod Strickland?
nerd.gif
He was a beast too but he was a different kinda PG hard too explain his game he below Paul tho...

Chauncey wouldnt have let that 20 pt lead go against houston

I dislike Chris Paul immensely but hee's been the best PG for a longgggg time in what's by far the best PG era ever. His playoff averages are amazing.

He's about as good as someone who is 6'0 tall and not an elite athlete can be, which has a true ceiling. And he's it. What did Jason Kidd do before he got to an all-time trash Eastern Conference? Where did the Utah Jazz go before the league took a dip talent wise at the end of the late 90's? Pulling at straws to discredit dude, hilarious.

[quote name="Willchamberlain"]J kidd east> east now[/quote]Was about to say!

Wallaces on the Pistons, SJax & Artest & Reggie's Pacers, TMac's Magic, Iverson's 76ers... let's not do that. :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom