****The Everything LaVar Ball Thread****

What does lonzo have to put up to warrant this?

16 and 7?

Last edited:
I hope they did their research. Getting hit with lawsuits over patents would suck
laugh.gif

Nike would be nothing without the exploitation of young black athletes.

Hopefully this starts a trend.

Nike been giving​ cats chances to eat for years...

"exploitation" is definitely not da word.

Yeah I'm not sure I'd call it exploitation, but only a select few get an opportunity at real entrepreneurship and ownership. Interesting to see where this goes.

Wrong. Dude has a very good rookie year and becomes a all star level player its a success

Wouldnt mind seeing a Lonzo X Kristaps P&R :pimp:. Only Phil can **** that up though (and we have to find out if Lonzo can actually play pick and roll...but that's another story) :lol:.

The marketing and being in NYC would be brazy.

Pray the Lakers lose the pick and that happens [emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]127998[/emoji]. #ALA

Last edited:

Maybe not but Nike has made more of Jordan then Jordan has.

They don't even have shoe commercials anymore.

These athletes can move units off namesake.

Maybe not but Nike has made more of Jordan then Jordan has.

They don't even have shoe commercials anymore.

These athletes can move units off namesake.

Their resources, designers, marketing, distributors, materials, branding, patenting, legal etc. I feel for a relationship like that, that's how it's supposed to work. Having a sponsor/investor in an industry you don't know is usually a good look for a young athlete, but of course they need their returns. That's why it's interesting to see how the Balls navigate this.

Big Baller Brand on the rise :pimp: ...bout to pass in total sales what the shoe companies were probly gonna give Lonzo yearly (like a milly)

Also for everybody talking bout the price this just the pre release hype prices, they already said they droppin a $200 shoe a lil later, which is still kinda steep but thats about what alotta sneakers cost these days

Companies are struggling with selling the $200 shoes to be honest.

And your math may be off with the total sales vs what companies would have given dude for endorsing.
He was looking round a mil a year, if that order number is indeed the number of sales then Big Ballers already surpassed that and then some in sales

And tbh it shouldnt be hard for them to sell 5k pairs with all the attention they got

So creating a product is all profit when you sell it? [emoji]129300[/emoji]
Total/number Sales is what i said but ok business man ...Anyway Big Baller Brand moving units, salute to em! :pimp:

Last edited:
Between Lamelo, Gelo, Lonzo, and honestly, Lavar, these guys are stars man.

I know what Lavar was asking for from these big companies was ridiculous but, how much is lonzo worth RIGHT NOW? it's probably a bit more than what Nike, UA, and Adidas were willing to offer which is why I get it. I understand completely why they went the indie route and hopefully more young black athletes do the same because if i'm pushing a million followers, and my ball is life tapes are trending on social media and doing numbers on YouTube, you can't lowball me man.
This all i been saying mane..i think the disconnect is alotta ppl assume these drat picks getting super big money from the shoe companies on their deal...Unless u a Lebron cant miss type they getting anywhere from 500k to 1.5 mil, thats not even half their NBA contract..i have no problem with Baller Brand trying to do their own thing cuz they not eem passing up THAT much money to try something different, If they sell a couple thousand pairs in his rookie year he making that shoe deal money back and has something that he OWNS

I mean Steph doesn't even move units and he's easily the most popular player amongst youngins. Peeps are coppin this as a novelty item. Once that wears off then what? Lavar can claim you gotta be bad and bougie to cop all he wants but us broke bois are ones that buy shoes in the long run.

I hope Lavar succeeds but realistically this is gonna come crashing down in the long run if his plan is to price out all the broke bois.

He doesn't have to be lebron to not flop.
He just has to maintain and grow his following. I mean dudes are dropping a non refundable/exchangeable $500+ right now off the strength that dude is being a pioneer and trying to shake the landscape.

If the product is trash then that would be more of a problem than ball not becoming lebron.
If the product is lit then I can see supporters continuing and a following growing especially when the cheaper model drops.

Sorry, but I disagree. Fam gotta be exceptional to develop a following in today's league with all the stars we have now. If he gets drafted by a small market team, even worse. Lavar can only troll his way to getting attention for so long. Charging 500 for em is already a flawed business model going in because you basically cut out all high school/AAU players. Hell, even 200 ain't gonna work. Like my mans said, PGs are going for 110 and KDs and Lebrons are always on sale or at the outlet.

The novelty will wear off, especially since they're not gonna ship for like seven months :lol:
There is a bigger calling than what you seem to be seeing.
People will support the cause regardless if he is lebron. Anyone with a bit of sense can see that he's not on that level by any means.

If the product is trash then that would be more of a problem than ball not becoming lebron.
If the product is lit then I can see supporters continuing and a following growing especially when the cheaper model drops.

you really think they did a ton of performance and quality testing on this shoe? how and where would they even do that?
Are you saying that I said such?

Big Baller Brand on the rise :pimp: ...bout to pass in total sales what the shoe companies were probly gonna give Lonzo yearly (like a milly)

Also for everybody talking bout the price this just the pre release hype prices, they already said they droppin a $200 shoe a lil later, which is still kinda steep but thats about what alotta sneakers cost these days

Companies are struggling with selling the $200 shoes to be honest.

And your math may be off with the total sales vs what companies would have given dude for endorsing.
He was looking round a mil a year, if that order number is indeed the number of sales then Big Ballers already surpassed that and then some in sales

And tbh it shouldnt be hard for them to sell 5k pairs with all the attention they got

So creating a product is all profit when you sell it? [emoji]129300[/emoji]
Total/number Sales is what i said but ok business man ...Anyway Big Baller Brand moving units, salute to em! :pimp:

Sales != profit.

D. Rose got 200 million from Adidas. Exploited or not that's faar from 500k. I can't accuse companies of not letting athletes eat who become household names. But I get the dame dash mentality.. Which is essentially what's at stake here. I hope they are successful though. They will have an easy time marketing. Inb4 dramatic black and white BALL IS LIFE. commercial.

Nike would be nothing without the exploitation of young black athletes.

Hopefully this starts a trend.

Yeah I'm not sure I'd call it exploitation, but only a select few get an opportunity at real entrepreneurship and ownership.

how many players impact have eclipsed da swoosh? not many at all.

i wouldn't want everyone getting that type of deal either. Nike gives that bread up when they know what time is it.

Last edited:

i wouldn't want everyone getting that type of deal either. Nike gives that bread up when they know what time is it.

It's a catch 22.

Nike is big because of its athletes.

Nike is Nike because of Jordan.

Yeezys are selling because of Kanye not Addidas.

I'm not sure how this all plays out but it could be a major turning point in history.

when you da HNIC, you don't need to advertise anymore.

when da last time you seen a LV ad?

That's kind of my point.

These young black men with influence are advertising LV for free, Ball is taking that space for HIM.

Why use your influence to sell another mans product when you can be the boss of yourself?

It's a catch 22.

Nike is big because of its athletes.

Nike is Nike because of Jordan.

Yeezys are selling because of Kanye not Addidas.

I'm not sure how this all plays out but it could be a major turning point in history.

Sorry but Jordan is doing very well due to Nike.
He's what 50, making millions from what he did years ago?

Lonzo laid the foundation, all these future prospects just have to follow it and do it better. Looking at you Zion

One of the better answers in here. Maybe sometime soon, someome WILL come along and design a nice looking shoe, has the marketability to move units, and is a media darling; all wrapped up into one. Ball did lay down the foundation for the posibility that players could survive (and profit) without the help of The Big 3. Who knows? Wilder things have happened.

when you da HNIC, you don't need to advertise anymore.

when da last time you seen a LV ad?

That's kind of my point.

These young black men with influence are advertising LV for free, Ball is taking that space for HIM.

Why use your influence to sell another mans product when you can be the boss of yourself?

That stuff just doesn't happen. Athletes explain how these endorsements can be a distraction from them practicing and honing their skills. Starting and running a business while trying to focus on your real career is easier said than done.

Back
Top Bottom