****The Everything LaVar Ball Thread****

I hear and feel all of this, I just can't salute ppl (LaVar) who's foundation is built off going Trump mode with the outrageous troll statements.
I don't own a MAGA hat either, but the guy is President so ya really can't argue with results.
I 100% agree... similar to Trump, I respect the result of his actions but I'm not going to act like he's some crazy innovative cat that's a genius because some ppl blindly follow anybody that'll scream their opinion loud enough. 

What does Lonzo mean he's doing it "for the culture"? Dude grew up in what looks like a very nice house with a wealthy family and parents that were both athletes. 

Sorry but Jordan is doing very well due to Nike.
He's what 50, making millions from what he did years ago?

Nobody is saying Jordan hasn't done well.

The fact that Jordan carried Nike to where it is today is undeniable.

I'll post some articles in a little.

All I'm saying is Levar is doing something (self branding) that could really shake up a lot of markets if done right.

Nike Lebron XIV

What does Lonzo mean he's doing it "for the culture"? Dude grew up in what looks like a very nice house with a wealthy family and parents that were both athletes. 
:lol: I swear I hate that phrase. I am sure if you ask 10 people what it means, you will get 6 different answers.

[thread="660140"]Quote:[/thread]
I hear and feel all of this, I just can't salute ppl (LaVar) who's foundation is built off going Trump mode with the outrageous troll statements.
I don't own a MAGA hat either, but the guy is President so ya really can't argue with results.

I 100% agree... similar to Trump, I respect the result of his actions but I'm not going to act like he's some crazy innovative cat that's a genius because some ppl blindly follow anybody that'll scream their opinion loud enough. 

Honestly? You believe there is nothing innovative about a top college prospect signed to his own agency coming into the league with his own brand and shoe?

Not trying to harp you. I'm really just curious as to why you wouldn't consider this innovative.

All I'm saying is Levar is doing something (self branding) that could really shake up a lot of markets if done right.

Nike Lebron XIV

I think it's comical to think that the relationship between the two hasn't been mutually beneficial.
Jordan wasn't marketing Nike with the catchy ads that are still beloved to this day.
Nike also help influence us to believe that MJ is the best player of all time.
Nike helped build his image.
They helped each other get to greater heights.

Last edited:

Nike Lebron XIV

I think it's comical to think that the relationship between the two hasn't been mutually beneficial.
Jordan wasn't marketing Nike with the catchy ads that are still beloved to this day.
Nike also help influence us to believe that MJ is the best player of all time.
Nike helped build his image.
They helped each other get to greater heights.

But he is the best player of all time.

Also, I don't think Nike's influence mad MJ the GOAT... it was his actual skill.

MJ didn't need to go around bragging about his skill level... his skill set did the talking for him.

No matter what, it will all boil down to how well the kid performs in the league. He becomes a star, the brand will probably flourish. He becomes just some role player or ever worse, its not going to work out. That's why I agree with others that he should probably establish himself first and then do this versus throwing a bunch of money into something that could ultimately fail. I still think the name Big Baller Brand sucks. Sounds like something from the early 2000's.

I'll be honest my love for the idea is outweighing my dislike of the execution.

With all that being said anyone who hopes they fail that isn't a stock holder for Nike or Adidas should slap themselves.

I get not liking the shoe or not buying it but wishing failure on something that has 0 negative impact on your life is clown **** and you should wash your face in piss.

^^^^I agree. In some ways, he's sort of taking a streetwear approach to the NBA . The formula could totally work if the demand is there and he'd own all the rights to his brand and take in all the profits. The bad thing about this brand from the get go is the reputation that doesn't even exist within it yet. They should seriously hire a PR team or marketing campaign manager cause half of the statements we hear from interviews or what not just makes you never to want to buy their stuff.

There's athletes signed to Nike and Adidas RIGHT NOW that probably can't move product the way Lonzo can and does

I guarantee you they didn't bring the right bag out Lonzo. The bag that he currently warrants.

I still don't think he'll be a great pro but I reallllyyyyy hope i'm wrong. Like I want him to win

^^^^I agree. In some ways, he's sort of taking a streetwear approach to the NBA . The formula could totally work if the demand is there and he'd own all the rights to his brand and take in all the profits. The bad thing about this brand from the get go is the reputation that doesn't even exist within it yet. They should seriously hire a PR team or marketing campaign manager cause half of the statements we hear from interviews or what not just makes you never to want to buy their stuff.
No it doesn't lol in fact it does the total opposite.

Why do you think BBB can sell shoes for 500 bucks? Those interviews and statements are absolutely part of it.

"Nike Executive George Raveling's recent remarks about me being the worst thing to happen to Basketball in 100 years, is a direct reflection of how Nike views athlete's, and their families, when they can't have their way to exploit them. Nike, do your history of where we were 100 years ago."

-Lavar Ball
REAL TALK. I'm rollin w/LAVAR

Me and the kids i grew up with.Bought Jordans because of what he did on the court.In return of his unbelievable play from 85-90.The Mars (Spike Lee) commercials.Michael made Nike a huuuuuuuuuuuge brand name.Nike benifited more from Jordan.Than Jordan did from Nike.If Jordan was with Adidas or Converse or Reeboks.Then we all wouldve bought those Brands instead of Nike.Nike didn't make Jordan.Jordan was going to be great off of his talent/skill.

There will never be another shoe company as popular as Nike.It was the perfect storm in the 80,s.They lucked up and got the best Basketball player.Without even knowing it.In return they got ahold of other great athletes as well.Deion Sanders,Bo Jacksons,Scottie Pippen,etc.Any great athlete followed after that to Nike.There shoe designs where on another level.There shoes look so good from a casual stand point.That people buy retros soely for casual wear only.

No shoe company can duplicate what Nike has done.They where around at the perfect time.They lucked up by getting the right athletes/designers at that specific time.Nike is a 1 of 1.No matter how many people want another Brand to be like or surpass the swoosh.Its not going to happen.Now on topic with Lavar/BBB.

He basically trolled his average/sub par sons into the league.Nobody is mad about that.Basketball is very weak right now.From a athletic stand point.It doesnt take much to make it nowadays.Compared to before 2010.So his sons getting the attention from his major trolling.Wasnt a surprise to me.This is the times we live in.If you troll with just a little talent.You can win big in todays market.Everything is Social Media based.Its more about attention seeking.And whats being said.Compared to how great the skill set is.

With that being said.Him and his sons are going to have to do something better than trolling.In order to be successful to sell some $495.00 knock of Kobes.From a Business aspect.Its smart if your a Jordan/Lebron coming into the league.His sons are not going to be on that level skill wise.This is where his trolling is going to fail.You can only troll to success for so long.Everything has a ceiling point/end.This is not hating.This is reality.Its very entertaining to watch though.Because everybody is eating it up like its law lmao.

Y'all wasn't lying when you said the Ball brothers were riding round in white 7s with their names on the plates
roll.gif

Them young ***** havin' [emoji]10024[/emoji]
pimp.gif
The car or the girl is the 7?
Yes. 

Back
Top Bottom