****The Everything LaVar Ball Thread****

Eagerly anticipating this epic failure of a brand to fall flat on its face. I'm sure I'm not the only one

Your not and thats so sad.

I wasn't a BBB supporter until I realized what he's doin.

I advise every black male with means to buy these shoes.

Anyway going by Lavars business model, he's going to be saving money by not giving retailers a portion of the selling price for the shoes and doling his own marketing . So he wins there, but also I'd assume that his materials aren't being purchased in extreme bulk and he's not getting any discounts for mass producing the product( honestly I'm just ballparking but I'd expect a few thousand of these to be made/ pre-ordered)

So you take into account, production costs, shipping, any import fees, online sales taxes and no marketing or retailers. He's going to be making out pretty good. That is assuming that he's able to procure materials and the shoes are of high enough quality that the brand reputation doesn't get tarnished

It's good for a small business, but not better than the contract that Ben Simmons has with Nike. But he's gambling the building of the brand vs a shoe contract worth maybe 20+ mill over a few years

Last edited:
Lavar only needs to sell like 2,000 shoes to make a mil. If his production costs are low he can make some paper.

2,000 shoes at $500 is of course a million, you are right on that, but what is the cost to making this shoes? An average Nike costs around $10- $30 to make but they have extensive resources, buy material in bulk, etc...

BBB will have to pay the designer, taxes, labor, marketing, etc....I am really curious what kind of profit can be made here.

Last edited by a moderator:
this all feels like a scam.

- they don't ship till November 24th, almost 7 months from now

- there's no mention of where they're made

- no refunds or exchanges

I can't believe I was knocking on the price of the shoes before when most on here pay over $500 in resale prices, shame on me. But looks like judging from the preorders, Ball's looking like a genius.

anyone know where is the shoe being manufactured at?

I can't believe I was knocking on the price of the shoes before when most on here pay over $500 in resale prices, shame on me. But looks like judging from the preorders, Ball's looking like a genius.

Same place all these other shoes are made.

Some where in Asia.

SUPPORT LONZO!

SUPPORT BBB!

We won't know until November lol

I wonder if nightwing will review these.

I think what will sell these is the price.....to people not on nt...non sneakerheads.....the layman....these are "those 500 dollar basketball shoes"

Cats with money...who like to splurge.....may buy....just to say they got it.

This is a case where all publicity is good publicity.

To me thats all this shoe is...its obviously not a 500 shoe lol..if nike put out a shoe for 500 and it looked like this people would think they are trolling.

The circus could sell the shoe.

Not a fan of lavar but im a fan of the hustle

Last edited:
Big Baller Brand on the rise :pimp: ...bout to pass in total sales what the shoe companies were probly gonna give Lonzo yearly (like a milly)

Also for everybody talking bout the price this just the pre release hype prices, they already said they droppin a $200 shoe a lil later, which is still kinda steep but thats about what alotta sneakers cost these days

Companies are struggling with selling the $200 shoes to be honest.

And your math may be off with the total sales vs what companies would have given dude for endorsing.
He was looking round a mil a year, if that order number is indeed the number of sales then Big Ballers already surpassed that and then some in sales

And tbh it shouldnt be hard for them to sell 5k pairs with all the attention they got

So creating a product is all profit when you sell it? [emoji]129300[/emoji]

Most? That's comical :lol:

this all feels like a scam.

- they don't ship till November 24th, almost 7 months from now

- there's no mention of where they're made

- no refunds or exchanges

:lol: no refunds is kinda understandable. No exchanges tho....... them joints better be true truest of size when it comes to fit :lol:

Most? That's comical :lol:

I was generalizing :lol:

Some of us ain't down with throwing half a rack on kicks but I don't knock those that got it like that.

I would say yes considering the comments we've seen in this thread alone.

Nah, folks are doing way too much to discredit the man. It's bizarre watching how people react to this man that hasn't done to them when that anger could be directed towards real issues. Like people are losing their healthcare for sake, where's this same level of back and forth for that? Cops still shooting people's kids for no reason but nah, Lavar says outrageous, comical benign to everyone but maybe his own damn family and sells expensive shoes, he must be stopped.

Last edited by a moderator:

I would say yes considering the comments we've seen in this thread alone.

Nah, folks are doing way too much to discredit the man. It's bizarre watching how people react to this man that hasn't done to them when that anger could be directed towards real issues. Like people are losing their healthcare for sake, where's this same level of back and forth for that? Cops still shooting people's kids for no reason but nah, Lavar says outrageous, comical benign to everyone but maybe his own damn family and sells expensive shoes, he must be stopped.

It works both ways my man.
Some people blindly defend and some people blindly hate him.

Don't care much for Lavar himself personally but I'm definitely rooting for Lonzo to succeed in the association given everything.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom