****The Everything LaVar Ball Thread****

Well Oak Hill has also cancelled their game against Melos new squad. They cited some state rule that says they'd have to forfeit the game if Melo is declared ineligible down the line. Hope this doesn't become a trend from other schools.

Seems backwards Oak Hill would get in any trouble for playing against someone that was initially ruled eligible.

Reactions: God
Honestly, this is all backlash from them dusty *** white dudes at the top that want make a point against Lavar.

I get it. He’s abrasive and tried to disrupt the status quo, but since nobody can actually do anything to him they use his kids as a vessel to get to him and make their point.

Who is it really hurting letting their teams play against a team with Melo?

Denise is dumb. she wanted this trap years ago. now she got it and wanna play the victim... collect the check girl

zo shoulda known

College ball for Melo?

I didn’t know euro players are playing professional and get paid and come here and play ncaa hoops..... that doesn’t sound right. That sounds like Enes Kanter who was ineligible....

I didn’t know euro players are playing professional and get paid and come here and play ncaa hoops..... that doesn’t sound right. That sounds like Enes Kanter who was ineligible....
That’s because they don’t actually get paid. LaVar taking y’all for a spin with his kooky narratives again.

No elite college program is touching Melo - it’s not worth the multiple headaches that come with him and trying to get him eligible, his actual playing style and daddy issues.

Anyone been watching the highlights for some of Melo's spire games? His game seems to be improving and his outside shot is looking better. Still barely plays d it seems lol.

He does appear to be on a stacked squad and isn't asked to do as much. Without really knowing much about his opposition is his team mostly playing other prep schools and academies? I also heard he received a scholarship offer from Alabama A&M but dont know if that was ever confirmed.

It does seem the NCAA won't let him in but who knows, I'd bet hes in the G league next year though.

If I had to bet right now...I'd bet on the G-League.

He might be the premier draw that the G League needs too.

Report: Tourney replaces LaMelo Ball's team after 'consultant' demands $10K appearance fee

In the latest chapter of LaVar Ball’s never-ending war on amateurism in basketball, a tournament organizer has accused a “consultant” close to the Ball family of demanding a reported $10,000 for an appearance from LaMelo Ball’s high school team.

Greg Procino, organizer of the Hoophall Classic at the Naismith Hall of Fame in Massachusetts, said he received the request after booking LaMelo’s SPIRE Institute team, according to Forbes. Procino reportedly balked at the request, at which point SPIRE pulled out of the tournament.

The curious case of LaMelo Ball, a tournament and a $10K request

Procino noted he never received such a request in his 10 years running the Hoophall Classic, not even when SPIRE played in the Hoophall West event in December. SPIRE reportedly has an idea as to who was responsible for the request.

“The school/program did not request money,” Procino wrote in an email. “An outside ‘consultant’ who requested the change in terms did have certain financial requests. We did not pay them to participate and SPIRE decided not to honor the original agreement for Hoophall Classic. We replaced SPIRE with The Patrick School after the final conversation took place. Games are being cancelled with Spire unless the terms are acceptable to the outside consultant. ”

A source close to SPIRE said Alan Foster, who serves as the the Ball Sports Group’s managing director, is the “consultant” and that he requested $10,000 from the Hoophall. “Alan made certain requests and said LaMelo would not be playing if those requests weren’t met,” the source said.

The SPIRE Institute is now scheduled to participate in The Grind Session, a different tournament at the same time as the Hoophall Classic that is billing SPIRE’s appearance as the Big Baller Beatdown.

SPIRE reportedly claimed to have nothing to do with the request. While travel and lodging are often covered, high schools reportedly don’t typically receive such payments for tournament appearances. Then again, Ball’s high school career is anything but typical.

LaMelo Ball’s amateur status again in question
This isn’t the first time SPIRE has lost an opponent due to its point guard, as several elite basketball schools have cancelled scheduled games against the team citing amateurism concerns. Those concerns are likely very warranted for Ball, even when you disregard this latest report.

While Ball has said he wishes to play college basketball, he has done the following:

Any one of those actions would likely cause the NCAA to close the gates on one’s amateur status. All five, as well as these latest whispers of money under the table, and you can imagine that Ball probably doesn’t have to worry about scheduling college visits.

Wow, guess G League it is lol. I was skeptical before but I think this latest thing puts the nail in the coffin as far as playing college ball.

He doesn’t look impressive at all to me.

Maybe I’m a hater, but the shooting 3s from half court means nothing

Like I said... nothing I’ve seen screams certified pro

I hope he makes it though

He was still dropping 40 on the best high school talents in the nation when he was 16 and still on that team BBB. I think he dropped 30 on Zion Williamson’s team. The talent is for sure there but who knows what he decides to do with it.

I think Zo's shooting struggles in the NBA may hurt Melo's stock. Melo has the same awkward shooting form that Zo does. If you remember, Zo was shooting well in HS and college, too but those same mechanics have looked awful in the NBA, so much so that the Lakers will likely have break his mechanics down this summer and force him to have a more conventional shot. I think NBA teams are wary of going through this again.

Melo would be doing himself alot of favors if he started changing his shooting form now.

Alan is a whole clown

Just to add onto this Alan dude a little bit...he comes off as a complete fraud. On the show and in real life.

I sat next to this dude at a laker game a few weeks ago and he just wreaks of shady business.

I bet in a few years we find out that Alan has been stealing from Lavar all along.

Dude just doesn’t strike me as being on the up and up.

And why the hell are they demanding a $10k appearance fee?

I thought the bigger goal was the get Melo to the league? Not scrape up every possible penny at the direct expense of Melo.

If Alan actually did try to demand this $10k that kinda makes me wonder what the rest of the BBB financial picture is looking like.

Lots of leased cars, the big baller estate, the debt from the JBA...

Hell even Zo’s girlfriend is on Snapchat promoting shout outs for $20 a pop...

Like your baby daddy is making $8M a year and you’re doing the equivalent of selling dub sacks on social media???

Back
Top Bottom