****The Everything LaVar Ball Thread****

Puma’s director of brand marketing:

62BE845B-0A14-479F-B4F4-B2463D84D1F0.jpeg

Yeah there’s no way he got Lebron money out the gate. $100M definitely an inflated number.

People always complain about AAU basketball and slobber all over european development systems

but tbh id think i'd rather have my kids trained with Lavar than a European academy.

i'd just have to show them how to shoot a proper jumpshot. :lol:

They are getting millions of dollars to play NBA BAsketball.

That is all that matters.

And even Beyond that- I base whose basketball opinions I can take seriously by people’s analysis of Lonzo Ball.

If you can’t see that the man is a few tweaks away from breaking through, I don’t respect your bball opinion.

It’s crazy to me how many people feel like Lonzo is Anthony Bennett or some s***.

Theres a difference between being really nice and a few tweaks away from being really nice.. I hope they achieve more success in the league than being lottery picks,.

Theres a difference between being really nice and a few tweaks away from being really nice.. I hope they achieve more success in the league than being lottery picks,.

Theres also a difference between seeing it and being completely oblivious.

Not here to help anybody with that 🤣

Theres also a difference between seeing it and being completely oblivious.

Not here to help anybody with that 🤣
You act like I called them bums or said that they'll be out of the league in 3 years. If you see them leading teams to championships cool, they gonna have to show me.

People always complain about AAU basketball and slobber all over european development systems

but tbh id think i'd rather have my kids trained with Lavar than a European academy.

i'd just have to show them how to shoot a proper jumpshot. :lol:

I give him more props on breeding rather than his basketball abilities. If his kids were 5’10 and 6’1 we would of never heard his name.

LaVar did a good job with those kids.

Even Gelo was said to make something happen with the the UCLA situation but what happened work that isn’t his fault.

2 of 3 being top 3 draft picks is a win.

Personally Melo has more of an alpha personality than Lonzo did and that comes naturally as an individual. He reminds me more of his pops than Lonzo did. I felt that way a few years ago when he was putting up numbers in hs and having a personality to match. But if he’s healthy I’m expecting him to flourish with the Hornets.

LaVar did a good job with those kids.

Even Gelo was said to make something happen with the the UCLA situation but what happened work that isn’t his fault.

2 of 3 being top 3 draft picks is a win.

Personally Melo has more of an alpha personality than Lonzo did and that comes naturally as an individual. He reminds me more of his pops than Lonzo did. I felt that way a few years ago when he was putting up numbers in hs and having a personality to match. But if he’s healthy I’m expecting him to flourish with the Hornets.

Plus, mentally, all the Ball Bros. are mentality strong. Having a dad with that type of personality, everything else will seem like mickey mouse. MJ can rag on Melo like he did with Kwame Brown, but Melo will take it like a pro unlike Kwame.

Till this day, I think Gelo not sitting through his punishment at UCLA was a key part of why he’s not in the league. Teams want to know that you can handle your own situation like a man. That was at the height of “LaVar being LaVar” when teams didn’t know how much control he had over his kids and how much of followers they were. For him to follow his dad’s orders and leave UCLA, plus with him not being that great of an orator, it makes him look like he doesn’t have a mind or voice of his own. What happens when he gets into a fight at the strip club? What happens when there’s a gun found in his car in Cleveland? Will LaVar pull him from the team or will he demand a trade? You gotta take your L’s like a man, especially in that world. Shows maturity and that situation made him look like he lacked it.

Dude would be in the league right now on some Seth Curry ish had he sat out his punishment and played his game at UCLA for 2 years. Dude can ball, but he’s not good enough to do what LaVar told him to do. Too many kids out there in high school that people are willing to wait on. His brother was one of them.

Back
Top Bottom