****The Everything LaVar Ball Thread****

What has LaVar ball done that has affected Lonzo's career? Give a couple interviews?

Archie straight up took control of Eli's football career, direct control.

And Lonzo is what, 19? So why is LaVar intervening in his life (which he really is not going) so much more offensive than Archie doing it a 22 year old.

Kinda seems like you holding them to different standards.

Not to mention the pressure he put on Tennessee when Peyton manning rubbed his balls on ol' girl head.

Daddy Ball just doing what he feels is best for his kids. The worst thing that's going to come is he's going to have more mark haters than what he already has.

Woopty doo.

You wouldn't believe how many of them cats would want their daddies around.

Bet money Daddy Ball is looked at as uncle by a lot of kids he's not related to

Last edited:
You don't think him saying on national tv that his son is better than the MVP of the league the past two seasons and saying that his son would only play for one team out of 30 in the league who may not even have a top 3 pick can potentially have a negative impact?

In MLB it's teams who refuse to sign Scott Boras clients even if they're high first round pick potential because they view him as a pain to deal with. He eventually gets his clients their money, but in the early stages when they haven't established themselves on the professional level, some teams tend to stray away from his clients due to him.

He's writing checks that his son is going to have to cash on the professional level. Especially in this day and age where people want instant results and are quick to label you a bust if you don't produce right away.

I don't see how any of this helps him. If he goes out and dominates and does everything on his pops terms, hey I was proven wrong.

He should make some kind of bet about his son ending up better than Steph. If he loses the bet he can never talk again for the rest of his life.
That's hilarious.

I'm proud at the dude supporting his sons through and through, but damn he's living through his sons which is probably overbearing for them.

You don't think him saying on national tv that his son is better than the MVP of the league the past two seasons and saying that his son would only play for one team out of 30 in the league who may not even have a top 3 pick can potentially have a negative impact?

In MLB it's teams who refuse to sign Scott Boras clients even if they're high first round pick potential because they view him as a pain to deal with. He eventually gets his clients their money, but in the early stages when they haven't established themselves on the professional level, some teams tend to stray away from his clients due to him.

He's writing checks that his son is going to have to cash on the professional level. Especially in this day and age where people want instant results and are quick to label you a bust if you don't produce right away.

I don't see how any of this helps him. If he goes out and dominates and does everything on his pops terms, hey I was proven wrong.
Well said BlindFold Man

The young boy lamelo is the one.
I can't see that happening.

Other than Steph, when has someone that little been thst successful as a Pro, without being a super run/jump/strength athlete?

Of course he has time to grow so I won't rule anything out.

Lamelo 15 right? He got time to grow. He's got the advantage of watching the other 2 and learning from their mistakes, even being around nba players while still in high school. If anyone of them is gonna be a star I agree it will be him, liangelo is melo fat and not that good.

Black man out here controlling his destiny, not letting his kid get pimped, and being confident in it.

What's not to like?

I love it.

:pimp: :pimp:

LOVE IT

Richard Williams used to get the same backlash and we see how that worked out :pimp:

It's funny that the Archie Eli situation with the Chargers is mentioned, because in hindsight, it was the right move! Eli has two of them thangs. Archie clearly knew what he was doing.

And how are yall saying LaMelo is small? He's 6'3 :lol: he's skinny but he's also 15. His handle and range are already ridiculous at his age. Obviously his dad comparing him to Steph NOW is premature :lol: but the kid can hoop and can dominate against elite prep talent.

Isn't he like 6'4"?
I was more so speaking about his frame.

But as I said before, he has time to grow into his body since he is still young.

Plus he will have the advantage of carrying that Last Name so he should be fine.

Last edited:
His dad SHOULD be his agent to be honest. Those agents out there don't know you from a can of paint and only come calling because they're vultures and banking on you needing a crutch since the transition to pros can be rough. You're just another name in the phone book to a agent and they tell you the same crap they tell the rest of their clients. If I went pro my father or brothers would be my agents without a doubt. Eff these suits, their good for nothing but connections.

Last edited:

Pretty much spot on

Sometimes it's the "hype" around these kids that get them where they are cause most are overrated. Speaking in general.

I told them, 'Somebody has to be better than Michael Jordan. Why not you?'

that's great but don't come out and say that in an interview, setting these kids up IMO

He's also trying to start his own clothing brand, create his own shoe brand, and said Lonzo wont have an agent and it will be all in house.

He's gonna take so much of Lonzo's money. Feel bad for him because he seems like a real level headed kid. The other 2 aren't gonna do anything.

Lavar is a clown.

He's found ways to take the spotlight away from his kids, MULTIPLE times.

One thing to be proud, back, and defend your kids at every turn. He goes way beyond that.

On another note, I still will not get over that Half court shot LaMelo took in a game. Like really?

He also took 28 3's and missed 20 in a high school playoff game? :x :smh:

I'm sure Alford can't wait for that at UCLA.

Last edited:
Steve Francis
My man did not want to go to Vancouver 
roll.gif

My mans was UPSET! 
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom