The Fishing Thread, ANY ANGLERS ON NT ?!

trying to get my son into it. got him his own rod and reel and let him hook a bunch of tilapia at my job. hopefully get him into something better this year or at least do more fishing with him.
7424A7D4-010B-464D-BC74-1AB19473ADDC.jpeg

Been fishing a lot more lately. I primarily fish for black bass and stripers, but I’ll go for trout every now and then depending where I’m at.

Haven’t caught any keeper sized stripers yet. I was out fishing at this little tucked away spot on the CA delta yesterday until some **** head “levee patrol” dude came by and threatened calling the sheriff on me for “trespassing” since all the levee roads are “privately owned”.

Anyway here’s the avg size of the stripers I’ve been catching lately... about 12-16 in. Keeper size is 18 in, but I catch and release. Delta fish got high levels of mercury and I’m not a fan of eating bass anyway.

A3FEA990-722E-4B4D-AD2F-160CABCC632F.jpeg

had a proud dad moment some weeks ago. took my son to our “big boy” fishing spot. let him use his small pole and rigged him up with a floater and some live bait. he took a big strike and he got scared when his reel started screaming. at one point he got pulled off the rock and almost got dragged into the deep water. i thought he was being dramatic but when the fish came up i was blown away. it was the biggest one of the day.
2C23F921-38FD-479B-B377-BE8C7EF7805A.jpeg

I hit up a local reservoir early this morning. They dropped the water level waaaaay way low for dock and boat launch ramp repairs, but I figured I would try my luck anyway. It was pretty dope being able to see all the cover and stuff that’s usually submerged, so I can get a good idea of fishing spots for when they raise the water level back up.

After trying a bunch of different lures for bass, I pretty much gave up and decided to try drop-shotting for some trout. I made my way around the reservoir to a shallow little cove which had thick weeds/grass around all the edges of the bank. My setup was 2 powerbait balls on like a size 6 hook, with a slider sinker tied on the end because I ran out of dropshot weights (ghetto rig lol).

I’m reeling my line in through about 20-30 feet of weeds when I get a huge hit. I felt like I could barely set my hook because I had so much weight from the weeds on my line. I thought I had a big *** trout on, but when I finally get the fish through the weeds and land it on the bank it ends up being a 5 lb largemouth! Bent the **** out of my hook! Lol

946D609A-1B91-434D-BDDE-CAFFB3B7F983.jpeg

BEAAC019-9B1B-4DA2-B703-7B02CB8C5202.jpeg

Pulled through all those weeds seen to the left of the fish in this pic.

I hit up a local reservoir early this morning. They dropped the water level waaaaay way low for dock and boat launch ramp repairs, but I figured I would try my luck anyway. It was pretty dope being able to see all the cover and stuff that’s usually submerged, so I can get a good idea of fishing spots for when they raise the water level back up.

After trying a bunch of different lures for bass, I pretty much gave up and decided to try drop-shotting for some trout. I made my way around the reservoir to a shallow little cove which had thick weeds/grass around all the edges of the bank. My setup was 2 powerbait balls on like a size 6 hook, with a slider sinker tied on the end because I ran out of dropshot weights (ghetto rig lol).

I’m reeling my line in through about 20-30 feet of weeds when I get a huge hit. I felt like I could barely set my hook because I had so much weight from the weeds on my line. I thought I had a big *** trout on, but when I finally get the fish through the weeds and land it on the bank it ends up being a 5 lb largemouth! Bent the **** out of my hook! Lol

946D609A-1B91-434D-BDDE-CAFFB3B7F983.jpeg

BEAAC019-9B1B-4DA2-B703-7B02CB8C5202.jpeg

Pulled through all those weeds seen to the left of the fish in this pic.

Bass fight like hell! Nice catch!!

Copped a new rod and reel this past week specifically for finesse fishing. Daiwa Tatula LT 2500 paired with a St. Croix Mojo Bass rod (med/light, x-fast action). After a few coupons I was able to turn a $300 setup into $200 :pimp::pimp:

Today was the first day I was able to try it out and man let me tell you.. It's amazing lol. I ended up catching my new personal best largemouth. On my first cast at that! :smokin

IMG_2154.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-09-27 at 3.13.48 PM.png

26"

I didn't have a scale with me :smh:

Striper fishing today. Caught about 8-9 little ones, no keepers.

Going for largemouth Thursday. Heard they recently stocked about 1000 lbs of trout at the spot I'm going to, so I'll most likely target trout too.

I used to fish for Salmon all the time. In the last 10 years the fishing seasons here in western wa have become highly restricted/sometimes non existent(depending on when/where and what you are fishing for) though .

Haven't fished since early 2017. Definitely trying to go a lot this spring and summer.

Back
Top Bottom