The Fishing Thread, ANY ANGLERS ON NT ?!

New fisher.
what kind of fishing are you going to be trying out first? fresh water? salt water? shore?

one universal piece of advice i can give is learn how to tie knots. get some fishing line, extra string or something and practice when you’re watching tv/listening to podcast or whatever. i suggest the clinch knot or palomar knot.

DC, if you are fishing the Potomac check this page out.

Also, this page is very helpful

Huge bass population in the Potomac (Large Mouth/Small Mouth and Stripers) and some MASSIVE catfish. I really wish I could fish the Potomac more, I've only gotten to go out twice while visiting family in VA.

clamming
Got a bunch of clams, Washington clams, limits on horseneck clam, and a geoduck down there in the bucket somewhere.
2A6E1A66-5BBE-4670-93D6-0C8777205735.jpeg

all sort of places to crab in Bay area. I think season for crabbing is about to close tho
Bummer. Do you have any rod and reel recommendations to use around the Bay Area? I used to fish at the Benicia State Park when I was a kid. But would like to go again.

Fozz Fozz I'm assuming you're fishing from shore?? If so, you will need a 10"-12" rod like a Ugly Stick pair with a Penn Spinfisher950. You need a long rod cause will need to cast far past the waves. Penn fierce is cool too for crabbing. You need a solid reel cause it will take a beating. I like to Fill the reel with 35 to 40 pounds.

If you have time, there are a few videos on youtube to make crab snares or you can buy them. I think they got them at bait shop. I like to stuff the snares with chicken or squid or sardines. Depending on surf, I put 4oz in the snare so it doesn't get pushed by the waves under water

I popular ones people crab at is ocean beach, Baker beach, half moon bay jetty, Pacifica pier but you're going to have to look for your own "secret" spot lol

If you like Pacific Mackerel, it has been hot since last week. Santa Cruz to Monterey. Schools of macs everywhere and pretty big size too

Went fishing today for some bass. Tried a new spot. Didn’t catch anything but saw some hogs. Just weren’t biting. Maybe because it was high noon and 95 degrees. :lol:

Got a cheap frogging set up coming.

My coworker got me into fishing about 3 months ago. I am hooked, pun intended.

So far I've caught loads of rockfish, crabs with crabpots and about 10 halibuts.

Next up, Salmon.

Here are our limits from today. On the water by 7 AM. Limits by 10 AM.
Screenshot_20200712-110455_Messages.jpg
What fish are those
Looks like giant goldfish
What do goldfish taste like???
:nerd:

Back
Top Bottom