THE GALAXY NEXUS BY GOOGLE & SAMSUNG (What you know and need to know on PG.1) *UPDATE 3.1* 11/4

That commercial is rubbish.

As far as I know, 4Wrestling, there are no month to month plans.

As exciting as this phone seems, I will still wait until the Motorola Droid Razr is unveiled before making a decision.  Motorola's builds > Samsung.

Originally Posted by Regal Black

Originally Posted by JayPesoz

I've had the Nexus One since day 1 and I've been very happy with it.  I can't wait to upgrade to this
happy.gif

Same here, my nexus is still rocking...but its time for something new

That makes 3 of us.. I love how my nexus one is running da absolutelyLatest gingerbread firmware (2.3.6) but this nexus prime is FINALLY a trueSequel...da nexus S wasn't dope enuff, plus we ended up gettin gingerbreadA month or so after da nexus S. Ill tell u what, this joint is slaughtering iphone anything lol.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Question for those with Verizon. Can you have month to month plans with them? I prefer to purchase the phone at full price to avoid getting locked into a contract.
nope... gotta getta 2 yr... thing is once it runs up you can stay on month to month

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Question for those with Verizon. Can you have month to month plans with them? I prefer to purchase the phone at full price to avoid getting locked into a contract.
nope... gotta getta 2 yr... thing is once it runs up you can stay on month to month
There is month to month with verizon. Only thing is you'll have to pay full retail for the phone

Originally Posted by lobotomybeats

according to BGR...

Well, now that Apple has announced the iPhone 4S, there’s only one other flagship on the horizon that people are eagerly anticipating and that’s the Samsung Galaxy Nexus. Codenamed “Nexus Prime,

nah bruh... i work for them and to my knowledge monthlys are done for NEW customers (as he would be)... as i said tho as soon as ur contract runs to completion you can stay on month to month.

nah bruh... i work for them and to my knowledge monthlys are done for NEW customers (as he would be)... as i said tho as soon as ur contract runs to completion you can stay on month to month.

Ah my bad.
Maybe you can answer this for me. I'm due for an upgrade on 12/28 anyway I can get one before that?

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Ah my bad.
Maybe you can answer this for me. I'm due for an upgrade on 12/28 anyway I can get one before that?
Thanks guys. I'm really not crazy about entering into a 2 year deal, but if this phone is everything I think it will be, it may be worth it.

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

Originally Posted by Shaze804

the 3 dots on the side are speculated to be a dock connector or like a magnetic chargin plug like macbooks...

a lot of phones have had that, including the original nexus, its dock connector

mine has that (in sig)

after seeing those specs im a little less hype...what happened to the 1.5 dual core? that would be beastly

I don't think those specs are legit. trust me its gonna be worth it. I feel Samsung feels bad for the nexus s since is wasn't that big of a difference like nexus supposed to be. This one will be awesome! either i get that or the Samsung note.

Originally Posted by mp3911

Originally Posted by lobotomybeats

according to BGR...

Well, now that Apple has announced the iPhone 4S, there’s only one other flagship on the horizon that people are eagerly anticipating and that’s the Samsung Galaxy Nexus. Codenamed “Nexus Prime,

http://androidandme.com/2...d-sense-3-5-beats-audio/

HTC Sensation XL Specifications

Android 2.3 Gingerbread with HTC Sense 3.5 UI
1.5 GHz MSM 8255 Qualcomm single-core processor
768 MB of RAM
4.7-inch touch LCD screen with WVGA (480 x 800) with Gorilla Glass
8 MP rear-facing camera / 1.3 MP front-facing camera
1600 mAh battery
GPS, Bluetooth 3.0, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n

this was jus announced...hopin that nexus has a backlit camera sensor too

http://www.engadget.com/2011/10/06/samsung-galaxy-nexus-specs-leak-headed-to-verizon-as-an-exclusi/

Ready for the latest scoop of Android Ice Cream Sandwich future? A report over on BGR details specs for the next pure Google phone we've come to know and love as the Nexus Prime. Quoting a "trusted source," the insider dish paints a familiar contoured screen picture of the upcoming Samsung Galaxy family member. The screen has been purportedly bumped to a 4.65-inch Super AMOLED HD display, and lurking just beneath its chassis should be a dual-core 1.2GHz TI OMAP 4460 processor. As for the rest, the supposed Verizon exclusive packs 1GB RAM, 32GB of storage, a 1,750mAh battery, 1.3 megapixel front-facing / 5 megapixel rear shooter capable of 1080p HD video, WiFi a/b/g/n, NFC and possible LTE / HSPA bands. So does this handset measure up to your (by now) impossibly high standards? We'll soon find out if any of this pre-release gossip holds its water when we're live atUnpacked next week.

Update: A new batch of rumored specs have surfaced over on GSM Arena, and these seem to be more in line with what we'd expect of a new Nexus. According to an anonymous Google employee, that 4.65-inch Super AMOLED HD display mentioned above is just about the only spec to make the final cut. The processor, however, is more likely to be a dual-core 1.5GHz Exynos (that's right) with an accompanying dual-core PowerVR SGX543MP2 graphics chip. That rear facing camera? Try 8 megapixels with a newly beefed up sensor. The handset should also ship with a girthy 2,050mAh battery fully capable of juicing this apparent LTE / CDMA / GSM Android monster.

Originally Posted by Shaze804

http://www.engadget.com/2011/10/06/samsung-galaxy-nexus-specs-leak-headed-to-verizon-as-an-exclusi/

Ready for the latest scoop of Android Ice Cream Sandwich future? A report over on BGR details specs for the next pure Google phone we've come to know and love as the Nexus Prime. Quoting a "trusted source," the insider dish paints a familiar contoured screen picture of the upcoming Samsung Galaxy family member. The screen has been purportedly bumped to a 4.65-inch Super AMOLED HD display, and lurking just beneath its chassis should be a dual-core 1.2GHz TI OMAP 4460 processor. As for the rest, the supposed Verizon exclusive packs 1GB RAM, 32GB of storage, a 1,750mAh battery, 1.3 megapixel front-facing / 5 megapixel rear shooter capable of 1080p HD video, WiFi a/b/g/n, NFC and possible LTE / HSPA bands. So does this handset measure up to your (by now) impossibly high standards? We'll soon find out if any of this pre-release gossip holds its water when we're live atUnpacked next week.

Update: A new batch of rumored specs have surfaced over on GSM Arena, and these seem to be more in line with what we'd expect of a new Nexus. According to an anonymous Google employee, that 4.65-inch Super AMOLED HD display mentioned above is just about the only spec to make the final cut. The processor, however, is more likely to be a dual-core 1.5GHz Exynos (that's right) with an accompanying dual-core PowerVR SGX543MP2 graphics chip. That rear facing camera? Try 8 megapixels with a newly beefed up sensor. The handset should also ship with a girthy 2,050mAh battery fully capable of juicing this apparent LTE / CDMA / GSM Android monster.

drooling_homer_MzY5CNUnEpK4.gif

I swear if this mother %%+@%# doesn't come out on sprint.

#*+% it Ill leave sprint and go to Verizon if I need to.

Interpretation of both reports...

http://androidandme.com/2...%29&utm_content=FaceBook

Two large voices in the blogosphere have stepped up today to throw their weight behind what they say will be the final specs of the next Nexus. Both BGR and GSM Arena say they have a source on the inside who has spilled the beans. The only problem is, the information doesn’t line up.

The specs mentioned by BGR are, for the most part, nothing new. We’re looking at a 4.65-inch HD Super AMOLED display, a TI OMAP 4460 at 1.2 GHz, 1 GB RAM, 32 GB internal storage, a 5 megapixel camera with 1080p video capture, NFC, a 1750 mAh battery and, of course, Ice Cream Sandwich (which they say can track data usage by app). BGR continues on say that “Nexus Prime

HEY 4wrestling and OMGitsWES i MISINFORMED you!!!

my apologies... extended through the end of the year you still can do month to months you just have to go through a direct channel (no bb, walmart, or premiunm retailer)

sry guys...

and OMGitsWES... 12/21... say ur goin outta the country, theyll move up ur upgrade one week, no more

my apologies... extended through the end of the year you still can do month to months you just have to go through a direct channel (no bb, walmart, or premiunm retailer)

sry guys...
happy.gif

BGR NEWS IS FALSE BUT ALL RUMORS SHOULD BE TAKEN WITH A GRAIN OF SALT TILL OCT 11TH WE WILL FIND OUT

Update: A new batch of rumored specs have surfaced over on GSM Arena, and these seem to be more in line with what we'd expect of a new Nexus. According to an anonymous Google employee, that 4.65-inch Super AMOLED HD display mentioned above is just about the only spec to make the final cut. The processor, however, is more likely to be a dual-core 1.5GHz Exynos (that's right) with an accompanying dual-core PowerVR SGX543MP2 graphics chip. That rear facing camera? Try 8 megapixels with a newly beefed up sensor. The handset should also ship with a girthy 2,050mAh battery fully capable of juicing this apparent LTE / CDMA / GSM Android monster.

sry guys...

What about an early upgrade though????

I pretty much agree with what this commenter said on the android and me story that i posted previously....

I made a comment in a previous post about nexus speculation back in July. So far, it’s held true. Samsung likes verizon wireless. Google likes verizon wireless. Verizon wireless likes android and likes money. This device will launch on verizon. However, it makes no sense for it to be an exclusive.Nor does it make any sense to put nexus branding on two devices that launch at the same time.

The iphone 4S will launch alongside iphone 4 and 3Gs across multiple carriers. Granted only AT&T has all 3 and Sprint will only have the 4S but still this is going to be the first time android has had competition across 3 carriers in the US. If there was ever a time for a nexus device to launch across all the carriers at once, this is the time. And don’t rule out a possible aggressive subsidy strategy for sprint’s 4S since they don’t have established plan customers with old generation iphones.

Plus, as with the Nexus S, google is taking an apple-like approach to technology in that it would rather do what works well rather than what barely works but is amazing when it does. I’d put money on the samsung processor especially if rumors of TI chip delays are to be believed. Samsung has been working on that chip for the better part of a year at least with how long the SGSII has been on the market worldwide. I’d assume if they’re doing the Nexus they’ll one up their own product to put the nexus name on it.

So to recap (tl;dr people) – Won’t be an exclusive, launch across multiple carries to compete against the 4S. Samsung processor is most likely due to chip delays from TI and the track record of SGSII. But this is still a guess, just one based off of logic.

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

BGR NEWS IS FALSE BUT ALL RUMORS SHOULD BE TAKEN WITH A GRAIN OF SALT TILL OCT 11TH WE WILL FIND OUT

Update: A new batch of rumored specs have surfaced over on GSM Arena, and these seem to be more in line with what we'd expect of a new Nexus. According to an anonymous Google employee, that 4.65-inch Super AMOLED HD display mentioned above is just about the only spec to make the final cut. The processor, however, is more likely to be a dual-core 1.5GHz Exynos (that's right) with an accompanying dual-core PowerVR SGX543MP2 graphics chip. That rear facing camera? Try 8 megapixels with a newly beefed up sensor. The handset should also ship with a girthy 2,050mAh battery fully capable of juicing this apparent LTE / CDMA / GSM Android monster.

BGR really wiffed on iPhone 5 reports as well.  I mean, who knows until Tuesday, but I really don't use BGR much other than for Blackberry info (which I don't care about).

Back
Top Bottom