The GOAT: "I would not have called Larry and Magic and say let’s play together"

laugh.gif
MJ about to have the Lebron fanclub working overtime

Originally Posted by dreClark

What reason would he have to call Larry and Magic when he has Scottie?

And is Bosh going to go down w/ on par w/ Larry and Magic? Is he on par w/ where Magic and Larry were in their careers? Are these two situations at all similar?

Lebron wouldn't have to beat Bosh....b/c Bosh's team wasn't *#%!. Wade's team was doo-doo as well. There are like, no parallels at all
laugh.gif
smh.gif
I think you're reading too much into it.

He's simply saying he wouldn't have teamed up with two other elite talents because they're his friends. He didn't even touch on the leaving the city portion of it but I'm sure that had to contribute into his thinking as well.

As for Scottie Pippen...he was drafted into that situation. He was specifically acquired to be the man's assistant pimp. It's not like MJ was in a sucky situation and said something like..."Ahh...I got Scottie Pippen...I'm set now". Scottie Pippen had to develop into the player he became. Much like the Thunder's intentions in drafting Jeff Green. You dudes are just thinking about the player Scottie became. Teaming up with another arguable top 3 guy in his prime is a different story.

And is Bosh going to go down w/ on par w/ Larry and Magic? Is he on par w/ where Magic and Larry were in their careers? Are these two situations at all similar?

Lebron wouldn't have to beat Bosh....b/c Bosh's team wasn't *#%!. Wade's team was doo-doo as well. There are like, no parallels at all
laugh.gif
smh.gif

He's simply saying he wouldn't have teamed up with two other elite talents because they're his friends. He didn't even touch on the leaving the city portion of it but I'm sure that had to contribute into his thinking as well.

As for Scottie Pippen...he was drafted into that situation. He was specifically acquired to be the man's assistant pimp. It's not like MJ was in a sucky situation and said something like..."Ahh...I got Scottie Pippen...I'm set now". Scottie Pippen had to develop into the player he became. Much like the Thunder's intentions in drafting Jeff Green. You dudes are just thinking about the player Scottie became. Teaming up with another arguable top 3 guy in his prime is a different story.

Originally Posted by Anthony Stark

Exactly.

Jordan would have jumped ship if Scottie wasn't there.

he easily could have jumped ship after 7 seasons of not winning, just like james did. Losing to the pistons repeatedly and pippen having a bad game 7 could have made jordan say 'f it im out of here'.
but he didnt. 

of course his contract wasnt up either, but even if it was, he wasn't about to call up wilkins, ewing, hakeem and be like yo lets take down the celtics/pistons/lakers.

Originally Posted by Anthony Stark

Exactly.

Jordan would have jumped ship if Scottie wasn't there.

he easily could have jumped ship after 7 seasons of not winning, just like james did. Losing to the pistons repeatedly and pippen having a bad game 7 could have made jordan say 'f it im out of here'.
but he didnt. 

of course his contract wasnt up either, but even if it was, he wasn't about to call up wilkins, ewing, hakeem and be like yo lets take down the celtics/pistons/lakers.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

laugh.gif
smh.gif

QFT

laugh.gif
@ those two comparing Bird and Majic to Pippen

laugh.gif
smh.gif

QFT

laugh.gif

Scottie is better than anybody LeBron has played with at this point in his career and it's not even close.

For what he did, Dennis Rodman was also infinitely better (7 rebounding titles consecutive), hell even Horace Grant in his role is better than anyone LeBron has had to fill the same role.

It's not even close to parallel, not to mention Wade and certainly Bosh =/= Magic or Larry.

People who keep claiming Mike and Larry, "did it by themselves," are doing a HUGE disservice to the MULTIPLE other Hall of Fame teammates both of those guys had

This is MJ's "Robin," and keep in mind he did that while still playing with MJ for the most part (to prevent people from bringing up the corpse of Shaq as if he compares)
* 6x NBA Champion (1991, 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998)
* 7x NBA All-Star (1990, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997)
* 1× NBA All-Star Game MVP (1994)
* 3× All-NBA First Team Selection (1994–1996)
* 2× All-NBA Second Team Selection (1992, 1997)
* 2× All-NBA Third Team Selection (1993, 1998)
* 8× NBA All-Defensive First Team Selection (1992–1999)
* 2× NBA All-Defensive Second Team Selection (1991, 2000)
* Chicago Bulls #33 Retired
* NBA's 50th Anniversary All-Time Team

Who is the best player LeBron has has in Cleveland? Well, only Big Z and Zydraunus Illgauskas made All Star teams alongside Bron so,
Big Z
2× NBA All-Star (2003, 2005)
NBA All-Rookie First Team (1998)

Mo Gotti Williams
* (1x) NBA All-Star (2009)

And that asterisk is to denote he was a replacement, of a replacement, of a replacement.

Scottie is better than anybody LeBron has played with at this point in his career and it's not even close.

For what he did, Dennis Rodman was also infinitely better (7 rebounding titles consecutive), hell even Horace Grant in his role is better than anyone LeBron has had to fill the same role.

It's not even close to parallel, not to mention Wade and certainly Bosh =/= Magic or Larry.

People who keep claiming Mike and Larry, "did it by themselves," are doing a HUGE disservice to the MULTIPLE other Hall of Fame teammates both of those guys had

This is MJ's "Robin," and keep in mind he did that while still playing with MJ for the most part (to prevent people from bringing up the corpse of Shaq as if he compares)

Who is the best player LeBron has has in Cleveland? Well, only Big Z and Zydraunus Illgauskas made All Star teams alongside Bron so,
Big Z

Mo Gotti Williams

And that asterisk is to denote he was a replacement, of a replacement, of a replacement.

damn thats %%#**@ up
laugh.gif
isnt jordan lebron's idol?? just imagine jordan coming up to one of you shoe heads and saying "your a flaming #!%#%+ for collecting my shoes only women collect shoes" it be like your dad slapping an ice cream cone out your hand
laugh.gif

damn thats %%#**@ up
laugh.gif
isnt jordan lebron's idol?? just imagine jordan coming up to one of you shoe heads and saying "your a flaming #!%#%+ for collecting my shoes only women collect shoes" it be like your dad slapping an ice cream cone out your hand
laugh.gif

Yeah, but around the time the Bulls started winning big, MJ and Scottie were both All-Stars though. They were elite players @ their positions. He wouldn't think to leave that to go play w/ Magic or Bird. Those two were already going to the playoff's/Conference Finals and they were still fairly early in their careers w/ nowhere to go but up.

I don't think I'm reading into it too much at all. I'm taking everything @ face value.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
@ Comparing Chris Bosh and D.Wade to Magic and Bird

Yeah, but around the time the Bulls started winning big, MJ and Scottie were both All-Stars though. They were elite players @ their positions. He wouldn't think to leave that to go play w/ Magic or Bird. Those two were already going to the playoff's/Conference Finals and they were still fairly early in their careers w/ nowhere to go but up.

I don't think I'm reading into it too much at all. I'm taking everything @ face value.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
@ Comparing Chris Bosh and D.Wade to Magic and Bird

MJ, and whoever else, shut up and let bron be man. At 25, he's a WELLL accomplished player who has a phenomonal chance to do something special with his friends down in south beach. Who cares whether or not Jordan or Kobe would have made his decision.

Times change, he has a chance to win multiple championships here, since when wasn't that part of the game?

MJ, and whoever else, shut up and let bron be man. At 25, he's a WELLL accomplished player who has a phenomonal chance to do something special with his friends down in south beach. Who cares whether or not Jordan or Kobe would have made his decision.

Times change, he has a chance to win multiple championships here, since when wasn't that part of the game?

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

Big Z

Mo Gotti Williams

G...you not telling us $*!! we don't already know.

The point is...again...the DIFFERENCE in the situations. Mike didn't ALWAYS play with these dudes...and he didn't START playing with them when they were as good as you mention them in hindsight.

Big Z

Mo Gotti Williams

G...you not telling us $*!! we don't already know.

The point is...again...the DIFFERENCE in the situations. Mike didn't ALWAYS play with these dudes...and he didn't START playing with them when they were as good as you mention them in hindsight.

Big Z

Mo Gotti Williams

I must have missed the part where Scottie played with Jordan from a day one or the part where Scottie Pippen was an all star from the day he stepped on the floor.

Take Jordan's first 7 years and Lebron first 7 years and they both played with trash.

Big Z

Mo Gotti Williams

I must have missed the part where Scottie played with Jordan from a day one or the part where Scottie Pippen was an all star from the day he stepped on the floor.

Take Jordan's first 7 years and Lebron first 7 years and they both played with trash.

Back
Top Bottom