The GOAT: "I would not have called Larry and Magic and say let’s play together"

Originally Posted by KB8isCLUTCH

people are still defending what lebron did? just admit that your boy is %$*%$ made
laugh.gif
LeBron's %#! made?
Kobe cheated on his gold-digging wife and then bought the broad a $4M ring for her forgiveness.
He didn't get a prenup when he got married. He snitched on Shaq because Shaq was getting away with cheating.
But LeBron is %%#! made because he left Cleveland?
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Originally Posted by dreClark

What reason would he have to call Larry and Magic when he has Scottie?

And is Bosh going to go down w/ on par w/ Larry and Magic? Is he on par w/ where Magic and Larry were in their careers? Are these two situations at all similar?

Lebron wouldn't have to beat Bosh....b/c Bosh's team wasn't *#%!. Wade's team was doo-doo as well. There are like, no parallels at all
laugh.gif
smh.gif
I think you're reading too much into it.

He's simply saying he wouldn't have teamed up with two other elite talents because they're his friends.
Yep. He'd want to be THE guy beating you...friend or foe.
Originally Posted by Anthony Stark

Jordan would have jumped ship if Scottie wasn't there.
Doubt it. Jumping ship to Larry or Magic's team would have been admitting defeat (in his eyes)...his ego and "alpha dog" status takes a hit. The clashes with Bulls management might have pushed him to another team if things had gone a different way...but he wouldn't have gone to another established star's city/team.

Jordan didn't need to tell me LeBron isn't cut from the same cloth as him. I saw that myself these past few months.

*in before I get called a "hater"*

people are still defending what lebron did? just admit that your boy is %$*%$ made
laugh.gif
LeBron's %#! made?
Kobe cheated on his gold-digging wife and then bought the broad a $4M ring for her forgiveness.
He didn't get a prenup when he got married. He snitched on Shaq because Shaq was getting away with cheating.
sick.gif

And is Bosh going to go down w/ on par w/ Larry and Magic? Is he on par w/ where Magic and Larry were in their careers? Are these two situations at all similar?

Lebron wouldn't have to beat Bosh....b/c Bosh's team wasn't *#%!. Wade's team was doo-doo as well. There are like, no parallels at all
laugh.gif
smh.gif

He's simply saying he wouldn't have teamed up with two other elite talents because they're his friends.

Doubt it. Jumping ship to Larry or Magic's team would have been admitting defeat (in his eyes)...his ego and "alpha dog" status takes a hit. The clashes with Bulls management might have pushed him to another team if things had gone a different way...but he wouldn't have gone to another established star's city/team.

Jordan didn't need to tell me LeBron isn't cut from the same cloth as him. I saw that myself these past few months.

LeBron has been beating these guys(ayo!) for a while now. Every time he goes to Toronto he goes off(
sick.gif
), he had a career high @ the Air Canada Centre. Miami hadn't beaten Cleveland since like Shaq left. He's head and shoulders above Wade and Bosh he just doesn't have the ring. Mike would have left the Chi if his team had been garbo too. Now if LeBron had joined the Celtics...

LeBron has been beating these guys(ayo!) for a while now. Every time he goes to Toronto he goes off(
sick.gif
), he had a career high @ the Air Canada Centre. Miami hadn't beaten Cleveland since like Shaq left. He's head and shoulders above Wade and Bosh he just doesn't have the ring. Mike would have left the Chi if his team had been garbo too. Now if LeBron had joined the Celtics...

He's simply saying he wouldn't have teamed up with two other elite talents because they're his friends. He didn't even touch on the leaving the city portion of it but I'm sure that had to contribute into his thinking as well.

As for Scottie Pippen...he was drafted into that situation. He was specifically acquired to be the man's assistant pimp. It's not like MJ was in a sucky situation and said something like..."Ahh...I got Scottie Pippen...I'm set now". Scottie Pippen had to develop into the player he became. Much like the Thunder's intentions in drafting Jeff Green. You dudes are just thinking about the player Scottie became. Teaming up with another arguable top 3 guy in his prime is a different story.
Yeah, but around the time the Bulls started winning big, MJ and Scottie were both All-Stars though. They were elite players @ their positions. He wouldn't think to leave that to go play w/ Magic or Bird. Those two were already going to the playoff's/Conference Finals and they were still fairly early in their careers w/ nowhere to go but up.

I don't think I'm reading into it too much at all. I'm taking everything @ face value.
laugh.gif
@ those two comparing Bird and Majic to Pippen
laugh.gif
@ Comparing Chris Bosh and D.Wade to Magic and Bird

That's my point.

They didn't ALWAYS win big is what I'm saying. The team was not built overnight to be great. They went a few seasons without a championship together. Those guys DEVELOPED into the players they became...that's what I'm saying.

If Mike says..."yo %!#% this Pippen kid...I'm trying to get a championship ASAP. I'm calling Magic and seeing we can team up next year". Then I can understand some ya'll reasoning.

At the end of the day...Lebron took the easy way out...and that's what alot of the players/gm's have been saying without saying it directly. I ain't saying he was wrong for it...I'm just acknowledging that it happend.

If ya'll rationalize his move and try to make sense of it...fine by me. Great.

But I can't take ya'll serious if someone says that he DIDN'T do what he DID.

He's simply saying he wouldn't have teamed up with two other elite talents because they're his friends. He didn't even touch on the leaving the city portion of it but I'm sure that had to contribute into his thinking as well.

As for Scottie Pippen...he was drafted into that situation. He was specifically acquired to be the man's assistant pimp. It's not like MJ was in a sucky situation and said something like..."Ahh...I got Scottie Pippen...I'm set now". Scottie Pippen had to develop into the player he became. Much like the Thunder's intentions in drafting Jeff Green. You dudes are just thinking about the player Scottie became. Teaming up with another arguable top 3 guy in his prime is a different story.
Yeah, but around the time the Bulls started winning big, MJ and Scottie were both All-Stars though. They were elite players @ their positions. He wouldn't think to leave that to go play w/ Magic or Bird. Those two were already going to the playoff's/Conference Finals and they were still fairly early in their careers w/ nowhere to go but up.

I don't think I'm reading into it too much at all. I'm taking everything @ face value.
laugh.gif
@ those two comparing Bird and Majic to Pippen
laugh.gif
@ Comparing Chris Bosh and D.Wade to Magic and Bird

That's my point.

They didn't ALWAYS win big is what I'm saying. The team was not built overnight to be great. They went a few seasons without a championship together. Those guys DEVELOPED into the players they became...that's what I'm saying.

If Mike says..."yo %!#% this Pippen kid...I'm trying to get a championship ASAP. I'm calling Magic and seeing we can team up next year". Then I can understand some ya'll reasoning.

At the end of the day...Lebron took the easy way out...and that's what alot of the players/gm's have been saying without saying it directly. I ain't saying he was wrong for it...I'm just acknowledging that it happend.

If ya'll rationalize his move and try to make sense of it...fine by me. Great.

But I can't take ya'll serious if someone says that he DIDN'T do what he DID.

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

Scottie is better than anybody LeBron has played with at this point in his career and it's not even close.

For what he did, Dennis Rodman was also infinitely better (7 rebounding titles consecutive), hell even Horace Grant in his role is better than anyone LeBron has had to fill the same role.

It's not even close to parallel, not to mention Wade and certainly Bosh =/= Magic or Larry.

People who keep claiming Mike and Larry, "did it by themselves," are doing a HUGE disservice to the MULTIPLE other Hall of Fame teammates both of those guys had

This is MJ's "Robin," and keep in mind he did that while still playing with MJ for the most part (to prevent people from bringing up the corpse of Shaq as if he compares)
* 6x NBA Champion (1991, 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998)
* 7x NBA All-Star (1990, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997)
* 1× NBA All-Star Game MVP (1994)
* 3× All-NBA First Team Selection (1994–1996)
* 2× All-NBA Second Team Selection (1992, 1997)
* 2× All-NBA Third Team Selection (1993, 1998)
* 8× NBA All-Defensive First Team Selection (1992–1999)
* 2× NBA All-Defensive Second Team Selection (1991, 2000)
* Chicago Bulls #33 Retired
* NBA's 50th Anniversary All-Time Team

Who is the best player LeBron has has in Cleveland? Well, only Big Z and Zydraunus Illgauskas made All Star teams alongside Bron so,
Big Z
2× NBA All-Star (2003, 2005)
NBA All-Rookie First Team (1998)

Mo Gotti Williams
* (1x) NBA All-Star (2009)

And that asterisk is to denote he was a replacement, of a replacement, of a replacement.

MJ, Bird and Magic didn't leave there teams to join other great players. Now Magic did come into a great situation ans well did Bird. But Mj stuck it out. And u can also add Hakeem to that list too. And its also laughable u can say that Horace Grant is better then any player LBJ has had on his sqaud...Jamison? And let's not forgetMJ signed LONG TERM contracts which made it possible for him to get a Dennis Rodman and other good rolePlayers....LBJ didn't thus no good free agent wanted to commit to a team in which he might leave. This also goesfor Tom Izzo.

Scottie is better than anybody LeBron has played with at this point in his career and it's not even close.

For what he did, Dennis Rodman was also infinitely better (7 rebounding titles consecutive), hell even Horace Grant in his role is better than anyone LeBron has had to fill the same role.

It's not even close to parallel, not to mention Wade and certainly Bosh =/= Magic or Larry.

People who keep claiming Mike and Larry, "did it by themselves," are doing a HUGE disservice to the MULTIPLE other Hall of Fame teammates both of those guys had

This is MJ's "Robin," and keep in mind he did that while still playing with MJ for the most part (to prevent people from bringing up the corpse of Shaq as if he compares)

Who is the best player LeBron has has in Cleveland? Well, only Big Z and Zydraunus Illgauskas made All Star teams alongside Bron so,
Big Z

Mo Gotti Williams

And that asterisk is to denote he was a replacement, of a replacement, of a replacement.

MJ, Bird and Magic didn't leave there teams to join other great players. Now Magic did come into a great situation ans well did Bird. But Mj stuck it out. And u can also add Hakeem to that list too. And its also laughable u can say that Horace Grant is better then any player LBJ has had on his sqaud...Jamison? And let's not forgetMJ signed LONG TERM contracts which made it possible for him to get a Dennis Rodman and other good rolePlayers....LBJ didn't thus no good free agent wanted to commit to a team in which he might leave. This also goesfor Tom Izzo.

Originally Posted by xX LeGod Xx

laugh.gif
LeBron's %#! made?
sick.gif
Lebron stans love to bring up Kobe when their god is getting bashed
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
LeBron's %#! made?
sick.gif
Lebron stans love to bring up Kobe when their god is getting bashed
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
LeBron's %#! made?
sick.gif

Kobe is still $%+$* made but him winning his last two championships secured his legacy.

Lebron can't say the same.

Big Z

Mo Gotti Williams

laugh.gif
LeBron's %#! made?
sick.gif

Kobe is still $%+$* made but him winning his last two championships secured his legacy.

Lebron can't say the same.

Big Z

Mo Gotti Williams

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

I never said he would go to LA or Boston, I'm just saying that he would have left.

I never said he would go to LA or Boston, I'm just saying that he would have left.

laugh.gif
smh.gif

EXACTLY. End of story.

That's all _'s been saying. I don't understand how this is hard to see.

_'s keep saying gump %!@! like "why are people mad that he put himself in position to win championships...that's what it's about" aren't understanding that we ARE NOT talking about that aspect of the game.

Great !!%*++$ job. He'll win alot of championships and that IS what it's about.

BUT...

He does it in a different light now. It rivals the path he was previously on. He can win 10 championships...he's an automatic hall of famer and no doubt one of the best to lace them up...but you can't mention his name in certain category of players. That's not a bad thing...it just is what it is.

Not sure why people get so defensive about that.

laugh.gif
smh.gif

EXACTLY. End of story.

That's all _'s been saying. I don't understand how this is hard to see.

_'s keep saying gump %!@! like "why are people mad that he put himself in position to win championships...that's what it's about" aren't understanding that we ARE NOT talking about that aspect of the game.

Great !!%*++$ job. He'll win alot of championships and that IS what it's about.

BUT...

He does it in a different light now. It rivals the path he was previously on. He can win 10 championships...he's an automatic hall of famer and no doubt one of the best to lace them up...but you can't mention his name in certain category of players. That's not a bad thing...it just is what it is.

Not sure why people get so defensive about that.

I can't take the "Mike would have left too" comments seriously.

It just appears to be a speculation fueled comment to co-sign Lebron's actions.

That argument holds no weight at all.

I MIGHT die if I jump of my balcony.

There's no definitive outcome when you play the speculation game in sports.

I can't take the "Mike would have left too" comments seriously.

It just appears to be a speculation fueled comment to co-sign Lebron's actions.

That argument holds no weight at all.

I MIGHT die if I jump of my balcony.

There's no definitive outcome when you play the speculation game in sports.

The GOAT spoke...AND?? It is his opinion, he is the greatest. Jordan is not really a fan of Lebron. So what exactly is new here?

Back
Top Bottom