The GOAT: "I would not have called Larry and Magic and say let’s play together"

Maybe not as close as it seemed. Zeke didn't make that Dream Team with his "close friend" Magic on there. Surely Magic would have had SOME pull to get his "close friend" on the team, no? Magic also had some bombshell allegations against Zeke in later years.
They were VERY close in the 80's.  It wasn't until they met up in the Finals in '88 that their friendship strained.  They worked out together every summer.  Magic even had a room in his house called the Isiah room where Zeke would stay whenever in he was in L.A. for a game.  Magic would just leave the keys for him.  And then Isiah's going around the league questioning Magic's sexuality in '92 destroyed the friendship.  Magic considers the fallout between him & Isiah the biggest disappointment of his life.

But back to the original topic, the NBA has been filled with players, even superstars, who have been friends since its inception.  But they didn't let that be their driving force while in the league.  I can even recall the Celtics trading Bird's favorite drinking partner and the Bulls trading Jordan's closest friend on the team, Charles Oakley.  Neither threw a fit or tried to follow their friend.  They understood it was a business.  It just goes to show that somewhere down the line things changed.

Originally Posted by Rightguard

lebron james "I would have never drafted kwame brown for the first round pick"
4mceko5.gif

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Basketball fans should rejoice because we are about to witness the closest thing we'll get to the showtime Lakers and MJ/Scottie's Bulls
If this is the closest that we'll get to the Showtime Lakers and MJ's Bulls then we're still a great.........great ways away from that champ. 

now were talking about a showtime team with 3 hall of famers, 2 of them could be mentioned as one of the greatest if not the greatest in kareem or magic and a hall of fame coach or youre talking bulls team with a hall of fame coach possibly the greatest coach and 2 hall of famers, one of them being the possible GOAT in mj

yeah id say its a great.......great ways away 

Basketball fans should rejoice because we are about to witness the closest thing we'll get to the showtime Lakers and MJ/Scottie's Bulls
If this is the closest that we'll get to the Showtime Lakers and MJ's Bulls then we're still a great.........great ways away from that champ. 

now were talking about a showtime team with 3 hall of famers, 2 of them could be mentioned as one of the greatest if not the greatest in kareem or magic and a hall of fame coach or youre talking bulls team with a hall of fame coach possibly the greatest coach and 2 hall of famers, one of them being the possible GOAT in mj

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

I was more referring to the up-and-down nature of the game and how they completely dominated their opponent.  I wasn't comparing, or even attempting to compare, those great players to the stars of today.

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

I was more referring to the up-and-down nature of the game and how they completely dominated their opponent.  I wasn't comparing, or even attempting to compare, those great players to the stars of today.

Originally Posted by fo sho playboy

Maybe not as close as it seemed. Zeke didn't make that Dream Team with
his "close friend" Magic on there. Surely Magic would have had SOME pull
to get his "close friend" on the team, no? Magic also had some
bombshell allegations against Zeke in later years.
They were VERY close in the 80's.  It wasn't until they met up in the Finals in '88 that their friendship strained.  They worked out together every summer.  Magic even had a room in his house called the Isiah room where Zeke would stay whenever in he was in L.A. for a game.  Magic would just leave the keys for him.  And then Isiah's going around the league questioning Magic's sexuality in '92 destroyed the friendship.  Magic considers the fallout between him & Isiah the biggest disappointment of his life.

But back to the original topic, the NBA has been filled with players, even superstars, who have been friends since its inception.  But they didn't let that be their driving force while in the league.  I can even recall the Celtics trading Bird's favorite drinking partner and the Bulls trading Jordan's closest friend on the team, Charles Oakley.  Neither threw a fit or tried to follow their friend.  They understood it was a business.  It just goes to show that somewhere down the line things changed.

Both Magic and Isiah had excellent supporting casts, teams that were contenders. The same goes for Bird and by the time 90s hit MJ. Not to mention the fact that Magic and Isiah played the same position so why the hell should they join forces on the same team? This is a case of 3 players who are good friends and have dead-end supporting casts joining forces.. Not even through a trade, but completely by the book as free agents.

Originally Posted by fo sho playboy

Maybe not as close as it seemed. Zeke didn't make that Dream Team with
his "close friend" Magic on there. Surely Magic would have had SOME pull
to get his "close friend" on the team, no? Magic also had some
bombshell allegations against Zeke in later years.

Both Magic and Isiah had excellent supporting casts, teams that were contenders. The same goes for Bird and by the time 90s hit MJ. Not to mention the fact that Magic and Isiah played the same position so why the hell should they join forces on the same team? This is a case of 3 players who are good friends and have dead-end supporting casts joining forces.. Not even through a trade, but completely by the book as free agents.

[table][tr][th="col"]Shot Locations[/th][th="col"]10-15 Feet[/th][th="col"]16-23 Feet[/th][/tr][/table][table][tr][th="col"]Player Name[/th][th="col"]FG%[/th][th="col"]FG%[/th][/tr][tr][td]Dwyane Wade[/td][td]34.0[/td][td]36.0[/td][/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]LeBron James[/td][td]36.1[/td][td]32.2[/td][/tr][/table]

They both suck at shooting pretty equally.

[table][tr][th="col"]Shot Locations[/th][th="col"]10-15 Feet[/th][th="col"]16-23 Feet[/th][/tr][/table][table][tr][th="col"]Player Name[/th][th="col"]FG%[/th][th="col"]FG%[/th][/tr][tr][td]Dwyane Wade[/td][td]34.0[/td][td]36.0[/td][/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]LeBron James[/td][td]36.1[/td][td]32.2[/td][/tr][/table]

They both suck at shooting pretty equally.

^Stop showing people indisputable stats. They only want to discuss that one time they were watching a game on ABC.

^Stop showing people indisputable stats. They only want to discuss that one time they were watching a game on ABC.

I think Jordan might of held back a bit because he's an owner and both him and Bron are signed to Nike. No great player endorses the sucka move LeBron made. A great doesn't leave his team to go play with someone who's not better than him and who he's pretty much consistently beat since they have been in the league. On top of that the dude won back to back MVP's

The worse thing about this, LeBron was suppose to be the future of the NBA and lead the next generation of great players and now, here he is playing second fiddle to a guy who should be his rival, not his leader. The %+!@ is baffling, but kind of expected because LeBron is from Akron.

Got another LeBron story for yall. Apparently, LeBron and his "team" used to skip out on paying their bills while eating out. Figured it would and should be taken care of because he was LeBron James. I was told one time he was eating at one of our best steakhouses downtown, and his steak didn't come out cut, and somebody from his "team" told the server(and LeBron was there) "oh no LeBron doesn't cut his own meat. Take it back and tell the chef to cut it" Bwahahahahaha. And on top of that, all of them ate then walked out without paying. Dude is a major league A HOOOOOOOOOOLE. Stories about his mother being a crackhead are about to come out also

I think Jordan might of held back a bit because he's an owner and both him and Bron are signed to Nike. No great player endorses the sucka move LeBron made. A great doesn't leave his team to go play with someone who's not better than him and who he's pretty much consistently beat since they have been in the league. On top of that the dude won back to back MVP's

The worse thing about this, LeBron was suppose to be the future of the NBA and lead the next generation of great players and now, here he is playing second fiddle to a guy who should be his rival, not his leader. The %+!@ is baffling, but kind of expected because LeBron is from Akron.

Got another LeBron story for yall. Apparently, LeBron and his "team" used to skip out on paying their bills while eating out. Figured it would and should be taken care of because he was LeBron James. I was told one time he was eating at one of our best steakhouses downtown, and his steak didn't come out cut, and somebody from his "team" told the server(and LeBron was there) "oh no LeBron doesn't cut his own meat. Take it back and tell the chef to cut it" Bwahahahahaha. And on top of that, all of them ate then walked out without paying. Dude is a major league A HOOOOOOOOOOLE. Stories about his mother being a crackhead are about to come out also

^ I don't believe any of these stories from a city and state who have as much hate for that man after he left

^ I don't believe any of these stories from a city and state who have as much hate for that man after he left

lebron's overall fg%: 50.3%, with 33% from 3s

wade's overall fg%: 47.6%, with 30% from 3s.

so lebron's not a better shooter? the end result is putting the ball in the basket.

hate for bron is too strong
roll.gif
frown.gif

lebron's overall fg%: 50.3%, with 33% from 3s

wade's overall fg%: 47.6%, with 30% from 3s.

so lebron's not a better shooter? the end result is putting the ball in the basket.

hate for bron is too strong
roll.gif
frown.gif

/\ I don't know where you got those stats from...

But according to their career #s on ESPN.

Wade has a higher FG% than Lebron.

You have their 3PT #s right.

/\ I don't know where you got those stats from...

But according to their career #s on ESPN.

Wade has a higher FG% than Lebron.

You have their 3PT #s right.

Well see that's the thing. A lot of these stories were hidden and not told to the public because LeBron was given a free pass. But once he *%*+%%% on this area, the gloves are off and nobody cares anymore. I mean hell, yahoo posted the story last week of how LeBron is a A Hole and feels entitled. It's all starting to come out. I know firsthand that LeBron ran up a $7,000 bar tab and tipped the bar $10. Got no need to lie, just sharing stories with my NT fam because I'm from the city where all this happened

Well see that's the thing. A lot of these stories were hidden and not told to the public because LeBron was given a free pass. But once he *%*+%%% on this area, the gloves are off and nobody cares anymore. I mean hell, yahoo posted the story last week of how LeBron is a A Hole and feels entitled. It's all starting to come out. I know firsthand that LeBron ran up a $7,000 bar tab and tipped the bar $10. Got no need to lie, just sharing stories with my NT fam because I'm from the city where all this happened

Back
Top Bottom