The GOAT: "I would not have called Larry and Magic and say let’s play together"

Originally Posted by Im Not You

/\ I don't know where you got those stats from...

But according to their career #s on ESPN.

Wade has a higher FG% than Lebron.

You have their 3PT #s right.

Just look at OKB's post. That's it. What else do you need?

Originally Posted by Im Not You

/\ I don't know where you got those stats from...

But according to their career #s on ESPN.

Wade has a higher FG% than Lebron.

You have their 3PT #s right.

Just look at OKB's post. That's it. What else do you need?

Originally Posted by nyk buc

lebron's overall fg%: 50.3%, with 33% from 3s

wade's overall fg%: 47.6%, with 30% from 3s.

so lebron's not a better shooter? the end result is putting the ball in the basket.

hate for bron is too strong
roll.gif
frown.gif

Bron shoots from the basket and raises his percentages nicely. 

But outside 15 feet........
wink.gif

Bron has improved, he's certainly a better shooter then he was, but in Wade's class?  Naw, not yet. 

I know you seen them lucky highlights over and over of him hitting long 3's vs the Bulls in the first round and think he's a great shooter but that isn't the true measure. 

Originally Posted by nyk buc

lebron's overall fg%: 50.3%, with 33% from 3s

wade's overall fg%: 47.6%, with 30% from 3s.

so lebron's not a better shooter? the end result is putting the ball in the basket.

hate for bron is too strong
roll.gif
frown.gif

Bron shoots from the basket and raises his percentages nicely. 

But outside 15 feet........
wink.gif

Bron has improved, he's certainly a better shooter then he was, but in Wade's class?  Naw, not yet. 

I know you seen them lucky highlights over and over of him hitting long 3's vs the Bulls in the first round and think he's a great shooter but that isn't the true measure. 

Originally Posted by DMV is RNB

I ain't been around much lately but I see now that T-Mac is irrelevant, Lebron has taken his place in your life as your new number 1?
laugh.gif

roll.gif

Originally Posted by DMV is RNB

I ain't been around much lately but I see now that T-Mac is irrelevant, Lebron has taken his place in your life as your new number 1?
laugh.gif

roll.gif

but in Wade's class?  Naw, not yet. 

so somebody who shoots better than another from 10-15 ft and also from 23ft out, but worse from 16-23ft is not in that other persons class?

How's that work? 

so somebody who shoots better than another from 10-15 ft and also from 23ft out, but worse from 16-23ft is not in that other persons class?

How's that work? 

We had this argument a few weeks ago so I'll just quote myself from there.
JD617 wrote:
MJsaver wrote:
LOL

Percentages dont tell the whole story, i figured Bron would have a higher fg% since he lives in the paint.

Unless you have a better breakdown of those #'s , im goin with Wade...

So youre telling me when these guys stop and pull up, you think Lebron has a better chance of makin it than Wade??

That's borderline laughable, Lebrons jumper is as streaky as it gets.
Then why does Lebron shoot better on threes and free throws? Lebron's outside shooting may be streaky, but Wade's is even more so. There's a reason teams try to shut off his drives to the hoop and live with him taking long jumpers. His highest 3P% in a season is 31.7%.
sick.gif

Lebron has a ridiculous skill set, but lets not act like shooting is 1 of his strenghts.
It's not one of Wade's strengths either though.

JD617 wrote:
Bruce Waynee wrote:
How are dudes gonna refute facts that are thrown in their face
laugh.gif

LBJ gets a bad reputation as a poor shooter, when in reality he's not.  I'm not saying he's the best jump shooter but he's not below average.

I'm guessing it's because his form is ugly. But Lebron's ugly, robotic shooting form still works better than Wade's fluid but very erratic shooting.

Also...

qrxh55.png

3166kid.png

I'm not sure where this idea is coming from that Wade is a good shooter...

We had this argument a few weeks ago so I'll just quote myself from there.
JD617 wrote:
MJsaver wrote:
LOL

Percentages dont tell the whole story, i figured Bron would have a higher fg% since he lives in the paint.

Unless you have a better breakdown of those #'s , im goin with Wade...

So youre telling me when these guys stop and pull up, you think Lebron has a better chance of makin it than Wade??

That's borderline laughable, Lebrons jumper is as streaky as it gets.
Then why does Lebron shoot better on threes and free throws? Lebron's outside shooting may be streaky, but Wade's is even more so. There's a reason teams try to shut off his drives to the hoop and live with him taking long jumpers. His highest 3P% in a season is 31.7%.
sick.gif

Lebron has a ridiculous skill set, but lets not act like shooting is 1 of his strenghts.
It's not one of Wade's strengths either though.

JD617 wrote:
Bruce Waynee wrote:
How are dudes gonna refute facts that are thrown in their face
laugh.gif

LBJ gets a bad reputation as a poor shooter, when in reality he's not.  I'm not saying he's the best jump shooter but he's not below average.

I'm guessing it's because his form is ugly. But Lebron's ugly, robotic shooting form still works better than Wade's fluid but very erratic shooting.

Also...

qrxh55.png

3166kid.png

I'm not sure where this idea is coming from that Wade is a good shooter...

Originally Posted by Al3xis

How's that work? 

Ron Artest shoots a higher % then both of them?  Consider Ron ahead of their class do you?  Stop worrying about what their "percentages" say. 

If you think Bron is a better shooter then D Wade, or that Ron is better then both of them cuz of a stat sheet, I don't know what to tell you. 

In fact, I just seen the all time leaders for offensive ratings for the entire history of the NBA, know who it is?  Take a guess.......it's Steve Kerr.  STEVE KERR.  Stats tell me that. 

So yeah, Ima go out on a limb and say Wade is a better shooter then Bron is from distance 15 feet or more.  Call me crazy. 

How's that work? 

Ron Artest shoots a higher % then both of them?  Consider Ron ahead of their class do you?  Stop worrying about what their "percentages" say. 

If you think Bron is a better shooter then D Wade, or that Ron is better then both of them cuz of a stat sheet, I don't know what to tell you. 

In fact, I just seen the all time leaders for offensive ratings for the entire history of the NBA, know who it is?  Take a guess.......it's Steve Kerr.  STEVE KERR.  Stats tell me that. 

So yeah, Ima go out on a limb and say Wade is a better shooter then Bron is from distance 15 feet or more.  Call me crazy. 

check 3pt attempted and made over the past few seasons. (especially after Lebrons lasik)

There ye shall find thy answer.

check 3pt attempted and made over the past few seasons. (especially after Lebrons lasik)

There ye shall find thy answer.

Originally Posted by CP1708

How's that work? 

Do Wade and Bron take the same quality of shots? Contested generally, right?

They don't sit in the corner and wait on kick outs, they aren't spot up shooters. This isn't Anthony Parker vs Kobe Bryant.

That's why stats come into play when comparing two guys like that and not with Steve Kerr and Ron Artest that play off PG's, distributors and double teams.

Originally Posted by CP1708

How's that work? 

Do Wade and Bron take the same quality of shots? Contested generally, right?

They don't sit in the corner and wait on kick outs, they aren't spot up shooters. This isn't Anthony Parker vs Kobe Bryant.

That's why stats come into play when comparing two guys like that and not with Steve Kerr and Ron Artest that play off PG's, distributors and double teams.

I see Noble Kane dosent comprehend what he reads. It's like Kobe Bryqnt saying "You wouldn't see me tagging up with Hakeem Olajawaun and Clyde Drexler in order to win rings. Those two were already on there way out the NBA when Kobe Bryant officially became 1st in line to be the next Michael Jordan.

Similar to MJ when he first won his championship ring Bird and Magic were all but done in the NBA when Jordan started to run through the NBA.

But some how u twist what I said by making me out to be a Michael Jordan hater..

You can respond back but I'm done in this thread it's getting a bit childish..

Right??

And yes I am a Heat fan.

Sorry.

I see Noble Kane dosent comprehend what he reads. It's like Kobe Bryqnt saying "You wouldn't see me tagging up with Hakeem Olajawaun and Clyde Drexler in order to win rings. Those two were already on there way out the NBA when Kobe Bryant officially became 1st in line to be the next Michael Jordan.

Similar to MJ when he first won his championship ring Bird and Magic were all but done in the NBA when Jordan started to run through the NBA.

But some how u twist what I said by making me out to be a Michael Jordan hater..

You can respond back but I'm done in this thread it's getting a bit childish..

Right??

And yes I am a Heat fan.

Sorry.

Updated: July 20, 2010, 5:51 PM ET
Magic: 'That's not what we were about'
EmailPrintComments
ESPN.com news services
Add Magic Johnson voice to fellow Hall of Famer Michael Jordan's: Neither ever thought of combining forces the way LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh did earlier this month with the Miami Heat.

“
We didn't think about it cause that's not what we were about. From college, I was trying to figure out how to beat Larry Bird.
â€

Updated: July 20, 2010, 5:51 PM ET
Magic: 'That's not what we were about'
EmailPrintComments
ESPN.com news services
Add Magic Johnson voice to fellow Hall of Famer Michael Jordan's: Neither ever thought of combining forces the way LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh did earlier this month with the Miami Heat.

“
We didn't think about it cause that's not what we were about. From college, I was trying to figure out how to beat Larry Bird.
â€

^^You're not making any sense to me.

Must be easy picking and choosing what teams to root for. How are you a Giants and Dolphins fan? There's only 32 teams... you can't just pick 1?

^^You're not making any sense to me.

Must be easy picking and choosing what teams to root for. How are you a Giants and Dolphins fan? There's only 32 teams... you can't just pick 1?

got half a dozen hall of farmers in the last week saying the same thing the "haters" are saying about bron

got half a dozen hall of farmers in the last week saying the same thing the "haters" are saying about bron

so 4 of the greatest players to ever play the game agree with the majority of us that what lebron did was a $#%+* move...

jordan, bird, magic, barkley....

i dont think any stat or anyone will change your guys mind...

What dude said early about the sign of the times and this generation wants things handed to them rather than work for them is so true. not for the love of the game rather than a championship is like a costco club or vip card to them. just something on the resume....

Back
Top Bottom