The Guy about Nothing : Jerry Seinfeld and his HEAT

Jerry wore Nikes at the time because they were the highest quality, most comfortable shoes on he market. Over the years he actually got noticed for being so brand loyal and Nike fabbed him up some "Air Seinfeld's" with Seinfeld logos on the heels in place of the NA logos. :nerd: Anyone still got pics of these ?

:nerd:

i can refer to people anyway I want to refer to people. and no white-men lack the style to rock jordans properly.  Theres 1) the way it was meant to be rocked 2) the way you can pull it off and 3) the way people obliviously think they can rock them and pull it off...   maybe you can learn from, Jerry.  Because all im stating is that he is pulling it off in a unique way.   If anything the 90's did set trends.   Its the trends we are wearing today. Go check yourself homeboy.  Instead of catching feelings and trying to turn this into a racial issue.  

um...

what.....

im curious as to what "the way it was meant to be rocked" method is ?

Jerry wore Nikes at the time because they were the highest quality, most comfortable shoes on he market. Over the years he actually got noticed for being so brand loyal and Nike fabbed him up some "Air Seinfeld's" with Seinfeld logos on the heels in place of the NA logos. :nerd: Anyone still got pics of these ?

:nerd:

I found these but they aren't the pair Ive seen before.

View media item 562051

The pair I remember looked alot more technical... Similar to the the Air Monarch. And they had the classic Seinfeld logo on the heel

This logo:
View media item 562052

Last edited:
Ok.... I cant wait for Ninja and the NY NTers to chime in.

Alot of yall dont understand in NY and Chicago it used to be VEEERRY common to see anyone and everyone in "heat". At the time it wasn't considered heat, just comfortable shoes. I mean the OG Grapes sat for years... literally years. Aint nobody want to spend money on Jays that weren't Bulls colors.

People in large metropolitan areas walk and stand alot... like ALOT. So it was really common to see people of all walks of like wearing sneakers to save their feet and knees from pain. Im sure plenty of NY NTers can tell you about Business professionals that wear sneakers with their suits and keep their dress shoes in a bag or leave them at the office and only wear them at work.

This is about comfort and utility not "heat" and fashion.

Jerry wore Nikes at the time because they were the highest quality, most comfortable shoes on he market. Over the years he actually got noticed for being so brand loyal and Nike fabbed him up some "Air Seinfeld's" with Seinfeld logos on the heels in place of the NA logos.
nerd.gif
Anyone still got pics of these ?
Brah you aint serious with this ...

Rebooks, Avias, Pumas, Filas, Poneys, Converse, etc

All this sneakers brands were competing at that time - hell Converse for a minute with Byrd and Magic were the the must have.

Then along Bo-Knows and Jordan with Spike - it became a fashion vices wearing them for hooping or comfort ... I bough Jordan because everyone knew they were heat ... just much like kids purchase Lebron now a day .. they know they are heat and in the future the are going to be retro ... so hmm yeah

Just saying!  

Last edited:
if you guys haven't watched Seinfeld before, you should legitimately give it a chance. I absolutely hated it growing up, but maybe it's just because it wasn't a cartoon. started watching it a few years ago and it's one of the best shows ever IMO

Lotta ignorance in this thread.

I'm gonna go a head and give props to Seinfeld as one of the greatest tv shows of all time.

And I'm out.

feelingood you sounding real dumb bruh.

Ok.... I cant wait for Ninja and the NY NTers to chime in.

Alot of yall dont understand in NY and Chicago it used to be VEEERRY common to see anyone and everyone in "heat". At the time it wasn't considered heat, just comfortable shoes. I mean the OG Grapes sat for years... literally years. Aint nobody want to spend money on Jays that weren't Bulls colors.

People in large metropolitan areas walk and stand alot... like ALOT. So it was really common to see people of all walks of like wearing sneakers to save their feet and knees from pain. Im sure plenty of NY NTers can tell you about Business professionals that wear sneakers with their suits and keep their dress shoes in a bag or leave them at the office and only wear them at work.

This is about comfort and utility not "heat" and fashion.

Brah you aint serious with this ...

Rebooks, Avias, Pumas, Filas, Poneys, Converse, etc

All this sneakers brands were competing at that time - hell Converse for a minute with Byrd and Magic were the the most have.

Then along Bo-Knows and Jordan with Spike - it became a fashion vices wearing them for hooping or comfort ... I bough Jordan because everyone knew they were heat ... just much like kids purchase Lebron now a day .. they know they are heat and in the future the are going to be retro ... so hmm yeah

Just saying!

There were many other brands to choose from but Jerry chose Nike as his go to because they had the "air" which at the time was more technical and in most peoples opinion more comfortable than the competition.

Alot of the shoes Jerry wore are "heat" nowadays but sold like slugs in the 90s (Grapes, Sport blues, Air Trainer E) these werent shoes that people just had to have, they sat forever. Im sure he picked alot of his stuff up on sale, hence him wearing alot of shoes in seasons a year of 2 after their initial release.

Spike and Bo's ads, the whole concept of "Heat" had nothing to do Jerrys selection. Hes stated before hes always likes clean white sneakers and wore them all the time because in NY he did alot of walking so it was important to wear something comfortable.

Jerry has never been an extremely fashionable person... no offense. If yall think he was wearing Jays to stunt and not because they comfortable I really dont know what to tell you.

Last edited:
There were many other brands to choose from but Jerry chose Nike as his go to because they had the "air" which at the time was more technical and in most peoples opinion more comfortable than the competition.

Alot of the shoes Jerry wore are "heat" nowadays but sold like slugs in the 90s (Grapes, Sport blues, Air Trainer E) these werent shoes that people just had to have, they sat forever. Im sure he picked alot of his stuff up on sale, hence him wearing alot of shoes in seasons a year of 2 after their initial release.

Spike and Bo's ads, the whole concept of "Heat" had nothing to do Jerrys selection. Hes stated before hes always likes clean white sneakers and wore them all the time because in NY he did alot of walking so it was important to wear something comfortable.

Jerry has never been an extremely fashionable person... no offense. If yall think he was wearing Jays to stunt and not because they comfortable I really dont know what to tell you.
Bruh - If you say SO!

Last edited:
Not really a Seinfeld fan, but I have to say Jerry's seem a little more natural than Martin's. Most of the reason Martin wore Jordan's was because the show took place in Chicago.

Not really a Seinfeld fan, but I have to say Jerry's seem a little more natural than Martin's. Most of the reason Martin wore Jordan's was because the show took place in Chicago.
took place in Detroit bruh

Last edited:

The hell kind of Martin you watched that was in Chicago?!? :smh::smh:

Saw alot of pictures from The Dude from Wonder Years, Fred Savage rocking alot of heat too.   Yeah back in the 90's, it was completely different.  

OP... Please elaborate as to why you think white people look funny wearing Jordans ?

Last edited:
yeah I know. I forgot you dont wear your shoes.  Sorry I have to break this down, didnt realize the lack of intelligence.   I understand this may not apply to everyone, since alot of people collect shoes and dont wear them.  

1) the way they were mean to be rocked - (They are basketball shoes, that were made to be worn while playing the game of basketball.... I dont find this concept to be hard to grasp)

2) they way people pull them off  -  ( the way people can pull it off in their casual attire)

3)the way people obliviously rock them and think they are pulling it off  - ( fashion statements.. If you have a hard time thinking of an example, think of Lil Wayne.)  

In the 90's it was absurd to buy a pair of basketball shoes to play basketball in.  My parents would buy me J's, Foams, Air Flights, and I played basketball in all of them.   $150 dollars was alot of money back then to be spending on shoes.. 

OP... Please elaborate as to why you think white people look funny wearing Jordans ?

As far as my slang, its not meant to be offensive.  Thats how we talk, its not a statement that is meant to be directed torwards white people.  I know everyone thinks they can wear Jordans, but you need style to wear Jordans.   Alot of people I see rock Jays, look silly in them... All I am saying was that I was appreciating Jerry's subtle style in how he pull off rocking Jordans.    I was blown away, because I watch Seinfeld every now and then.. And he could have completely fooled me, I never noticed what kind of shoes he was wearing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom