The hate on the Air Jordan Spizike,What is it?

The Spizike is a wonderful designed shoe that could be mainly used for "casual purposes" (I can't see this abomination as a basketball shoe)

Mark Smith the new "Global Director" of JB designed this shoe,

What I think about these is

THE COLORS ARE THE HORRIBLE REASON THAT RUINS THE SHOE,NOT THE DESIGN,
THE COLORING THEY DO AT JORDAN BRAND AND MARKETING MONEY TO SELL ($175)
KILLS THE SPIZIKE

Who here like these Spizikes:

34yxmbc.jpg

i like those.

but i think most people think that it is an injustice to such classics as the vi and the other models within the design.

I like the Spizikes. I have

True Blues
Varsity Reds (2 pair)
Cements
King's County (2 pair)

If the pair in your pic comes out, I'm copping (3) pair, off gate. In regards to the hate, it's coming from the purists. Plain and simple.

they look tacky for an adult to wear theres just too much going on with that shoe, it looks like a childs shoe IMO

If those spizikes come out, there is already a space for them in my closet - next to the cement joints.
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by trethousandgt

they look tacky for an adult to wear theres just too much going on with that shoe, it looks like a childs shoe IMO

I'm too lazy to find some pictures of the Ewings, Troops (LL Cool J "Bigger & Deffer"), and Patrick Ewing Adidas from back in the day. Ionly bring those up because those shoes all had a lot going on with them. And they were all hot. But it's all personal choice/opinion.

Originally Posted by CarmineJordan

The Spizike is a wonderful designed shoe that could be mainly used for "casual purposes" (I can't see this abomination as a basketball shoe)

KILLS THE SPIZIKE

34yxmbc.jpg
WHOA!!!!!! I likey.
tongue.gif
now those are what u call"fuego". That means fire for those of u that don't understand
laugh.gif

The Spizike is not a wonderfully designed shoe. It is a simple rehashing of design elements from past Air Jordan models tacked together to make a"new" shoe. For me, there is simply too much going on with the shoe. I can sometimes agree with a recycling of past sigs if done in a clean andunique way. Take for example, the 12.5, a combination of the XII and XIII. It employs design cues from each shoe, yet those cues have been distorted andchanged to make a new shoe. This is how I see it at least.

The Spizike just cuts and pastes older designs, instead of making each element its own. IMO, there is not creativity here. It SUCKS BALLS, point blank, period.Lest I forget that JB has bastardized my favorite shoe (the V) to create this.

KILLS THE SPIZIKE

34yxmbc.jpg

They alright, I wouldn't buy em though.

I personally love the Cement Spizikes because of the colorway. The shoe used my favorite jordans all into one, but just for casual use.

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

The Spizike is not a wonderfully designed shoe. It is a simple rehashing of design elements from past Air Jordan models tacked together to make a "new" shoe. For me, there is simply too much going on with the shoe. I can sometimes agree with a recycling of past sigs if done in a clean and unique way. Take for example, the 12.5, a combination of the XII and XIII. It employs design cues from each shoe, yet those cues have been distorted and changed to make a new shoe. This is how I see it at least.

The Spizike just cuts and pastes older designs, instead of making each element its own. IMO, there is not creativity here. It SUCKS BALLS, point blank, period. Lest I forget that JB has bastardized my favorite shoe (the V) to create this.

how come I never see your avy?

I never see my avy either.
frown.gif
, for some reason, it's like its disabled.

My avys were cool too.

34yxmbc.jpg

Personally I think the Spizikes are comedy as a shoe. But this right here would get some consideration if they were 1 bought for me, cuz I aint payin retail.2, the

price is reduced by at least 50% and 3rd, I wouldnt even consider them heat. These joints I'd let my homies ball in if they had no sneakers when we hitthe court &

wouldnt hesitate if he scuffed em up ...

its all the best jordans put into one. I dont find them tacky or busy at all. I find them to be great shoes....and in terms of hooping in them--Stephen Jacksondoes.....I must say, they are very comfortable also

I'm an old school Jordan snob but I have no problem with the Spizikes. They're great casual kicks and much more authentic than any dubs or fusions.Plus some of the colorways have been fantastic.

Spizike's are cool. It might be because regular retro Jordan's are so bad now, that it makes them look better however. They're a lot better thanthe Dub Zero's and Fusions.

Dude now those make the Spizike smoke! They shoulda released those instead of the ugly and overrated blk/red-green. I think the Spizike should have beenreleased in all OG colorways like the True Blue(got em) and Cement regardless of the injustice it may cause to such classics as the Infared VI IMO

i dont mind spizikes but i woulndt get these, dont really like

cement spizikes> other spizikes(actually except the fire red)

EDIT. i also think they are hated on, because since the og jordanheads dont like them ppl just agree with them and dont make decisions for themselves but w-e

I have a few of them which I like. but I can see why people think they are an abomination as far as the design goes. and some of the colorways are wack (kings,DTRTs, the womens vomit) but some are also very pure (true blues, cements, fire reds). to each his/her own I guess. and for someone who loves his VI's, thetounge on the spizzys is almost a bit tacky IMO. oh well, infrared spizzys would be nice but I would much prefer a well executed, non QS infrared VI, bothblack and white. grails

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

The Spizike is not a wonderfully designed shoe. It is a simple rehashing of design elements from past Air Jordan models tacked together to make a "new" shoe. For me, there is simply too much going on with the shoe. I can sometimes agree with a recycling of past sigs if done in a clean and unique way. Take for example, the 12.5, a combination of the XII and XIII. It employs design cues from each shoe, yet those cues have been distorted and changed to make a new shoe. This is how I see it at least.

The Spizike just cuts and pastes older designs, instead of making each element its own. IMO, there is not creativity here. It SUCKS BALLS, point blank, period. Lest I forget that JB has bastardized my favorite shoe (the V) to create this.

Back
Top Bottom