The hate on the Air Jordan Spizike,What is it?

those look good put sum red laces in dem joints and der fiya

when those droppin i wannna cop that

1. Never combine different Jordans into one. It's really not an innovative idea.

2. You will never see a pair of Spizikes on my feet. Only numbered Jordans, all the time.

3. Never combine different Jordans into one. It's really not an innovative idea.

1.they look fake

2.MJ would never ball in them

3. it gives ppl that makes fakes ideas

4. i dont have or own or want any Spizike's dont wanna see them on my feet, only numberd jordans

Its been hard for JB to find major success deviating completely from the numbered Jordans.

I think that combining different models can be hit or miss, but I could truly embrace the idea if the intent of the disigner was to bring the best aspects ofeach shoe together to make a superior performance model.

To me the Jordan Olympian looks like a great basketball shoe. I loved the 10's and I love the updated look of the olympian(I could do without the olympicgraphics on the shoe), and the carbon fiber shank and lacing from the 11's will increase performance in terms of what I would want in a playing shoe.

The spizike was a solid attempt to combine aspects of each jordan model (III-VI + XX) that were inovative and notworthy. The shoe was created with a focus onthe visuals and not for performance.

Thats why I have a problem with the $175 price tag that I have decided not to pay for a shoe that can be out performed by almost any Nike basketball shoe todayregardless of price. There are amazing shoes in the 80-110 price range that can be found for much cheaper on clearance.

A casual shoe commemorating technology of the late 80's and early 90's should not have a pricepoint higher than the best performance shoes on themarked (I know the xx3 is $185).

BUT they key point that is often overlooked by most poeple is that Nike recently cut Spike Lee a very large check for 100% of the profits that came from thesale of the Spizikes.

The proceedes were donated to Morehouse college which Spike attended prior to NYU film school.

Considering that the shoe was made for charitable reasons and well recived by the majority of your regular (younger generation) of those who purchase Jordandand other lifestyle shoes, it may have been the largest non-numbered Jordan success for the company. Considering team, .5, and other shoes often make it toclearance racks and never have any resell intrest.

Even kings county and dtrt colors sold well despite wide availability.

The only spizikes I own/like are the white cements. The rest are garbage because of the CWs.

Although they are way better than a few of the numbered Jordans. The XXs for instance are HOT garbage. They look like more of a frankensteinshoe than these. Its like they took all the designs from a bunch of scrapped Jordans to make them, cause nothing about them looks good. Kinda like a bunch ofbad ideas mixed together to make one big pile of junk..

good point...I have never seen a pair of spizikes on sale, yet many shoes that we beg nike to retro do not sell as well...Case in point: The Air Tech ChallengeII

Originally Posted by The Maverick 41

1.they look fake

2.MJ would never ball in them

3. it gives ppl that makes fakes ideas

4. i dont have or own or want any Spizike's dont wanna see them on my feet, only numberd jordans

for the most part i think people like the spizike. and that red and black color is pretty tight as it cuts down on the "too busy" look. i trip howmost dont dig the 6 rings and like the spizike. sayin the strap on the 6 ring is useless. well what is the wing on the spizike (IV) for? i chalk them up asboth for looks.

I got the true blue CW.... I ucks with 'em... I been rocking jordans since the the mid 90's..... I give spizikes a pass cuz they implemented the rightparts of each shoe besides the tongue to make a decent shoe... If u dont like 'em dont buy 'em...

btw I hate dubs and fusions with all my heart

Originally Posted by CarmineJordan

Who here like these Spizikes:
34yxmbc.jpg

i like those alot actually, the spiz'ike is a cool shoe, but its not a cool price, at $175 it breaks the pocket. But it also breaks alot of necksbecause not alot of people wear them. Well atleast around my area

it looked tight~
but obviously they r the photoshoped OG blk spizike XD
nice color, but i like it w/ a bit green and red laces, just like the one on my feet~
i m feelin the spizike, but somehow JB is making flooding colorways, even some ugly ones...
i think they should keep it classy, then there wont be haters~

Spizikes are sick IMO. I like King's County's, True Blue's and the Black/Red/Green Colorway. They shouldn't be in the same category as DubZero's as where they are often placed. And they are wayyyyyyy better than 6 Rings..
sick.gif

I liked the first 2 releases and the idea behind them.
Even the True Blue colorway didnt bother me.
Than....JB decided to OD for the $.
Thats where my hate for these started.
JB never knows when to pull the plug.
Gentry drives everything into the ground.

I hate the Spiz'ikes just as much as the next man but those actually look nice. You're right, it is the colorways that make them look bad

I like spizikes. copped most of them when I need a timeout from ''numbered jordans''.
plus they are unique.

Not my style..and cost way 2 much ..same with fusions..they all should be like 80-85$ like the PHYL.....how bout those UGLY Fusion 20's.....my vote goes 2them for the worst shoe EVER!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom