The Home Audio Thread

You can get a pretty decent atmos sound bar set up for less than the equivalent price of dedicated speakers

From Vizio, to Samsung to Klipsch, they’ve all put out highly rated systems now.

but I also live in an apartment in NYC

^dope

I ordered a used Q250C last night on ebay :pimp:

$350 shipped. Assuming its as described I should be good for a while

This ended up working out

Came in the original box and looked brand new. Definitely some deals out there on used AV equipment

My first true center so nothing to compare it to but it's much better than the 2.1 setup for TV and movies

Yeah, I see. But for the big drop in price would it seem worth checking out having nothing but an old sound bar?

I would say so... actual surround sound will always sound better than a sound bar, because at the end of the day it can't magically put speakers behind or to the sides of you, which is needed for directional surround sound. I say that is a good starter system because eventually you can still upgrade you two front speakers with something nicer like some bigger bookshelf speakers or floorstanders and move the other 2 speakers to the back for 7.1, or use them at height speakers for Atmos. Just make sure to get an Atmos or 7.1 compatible AVR.

Anyway I actually finally ordered some nice surround speakers for my main set-up after years of using these Mirage speakers from an old HTIB as rears.

Out for delivery today! I think I need to get some longer wires to position them where I want right now, but eventually I am gonna rearrange my whole living room set up and see about mounting them on the wall or something.

Damn near stole these JBL Studio 530's for $55

Attachments

• 20211111_015333_HDR.jpg
    20211111_015333_HDR.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 305
so i have a pair of the og apple homepods in my bedroom for music and movies
but at my office desk i'm currently just using a sonos portable speaker and it leaves so much to be desired

should i get another pair of the og homepods for my office desk?

Just bought a new AVR... Onkyo NR-7100, second from the best of their newest line up.

Also upgraded my sub with the Klipsch 115SW, 15 inch sub. Once I get this new 77 inch OLED put on the wall and assemble the new TV stand my living room set-up will be complete, right in time for my bday!

Just bought a new AVR... Onkyo NR-7100, second from the best of their newest line up.

Also upgraded my sub with the Klipsch 115SW, 15 inch sub. Once I get this new 77 inch OLED put on the wall and assemble the new TV stand my living room set-up will be complete, right in time for my bday!
using imagination since no pics

snagged two of the og home pods for 175 on facebook, waiting for delivery currently.

a steal since i paid like 500 for my other set

Tempted to get a couple 950s... but I dont need to spend another $1600 this month, and I dont really want white.

Anyway will post new pics of the living room set up soon. TV delivery got delayed until today... which sucks because I dont think I will have room for the center channel until I get the TV mounted.

Hmm. May need to look over the thread. I have 82in tv, but my sound bar losing power. Any good easy suggestions? I’m not trying to really do much wiring.

Thanks

Where do you all stand in the debate that 2 way mtm center channel speakers are trash and 3 ways are superior? Though there aren’t many companies that make a 3 way center if your layout won’t allow you to use the same bookshelf as your left and right for a center.

Moving to a much larger space soon, so got the big towers out of storage to swap out the crossovers.

Onix Rocket RS850 and dual Crown XLS1002's. Both amps providing roughly 900 watts a channel. Using an emotiva PT-100 as the preamp.

Attachments

• 20221017_224444_HDR.jpg
    20221017_224444_HDR.jpg
    217.1 KB · Views: 450
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom