The internet has destroyed personal style.

I like the Yeezy 2's but have trouble wearing a shoe of someone I find to be such a d-bag but then again I wear Jordans
those spike shoes are horrendous 

dat young handsome steelo
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

169917_hi
2591-OLVZOOM1.JPG

Air-Jordan-12-Obsidian-University-Blue-White-French-Blue-1.jpg

its not that serious..stick to yourself n buy what you like

To be 100 I cant afford to hop on trends..I would rather buy clothes that are timeless to me like suits,sweaters,& casual shirts

Originally Posted by ServeChilled81

Originally Posted by Leonidas

Regional style is definitely fading, and fast. DC used to be easy to tell, but now they all rock the same snapbacks and Js/Foams. Foams are still poppin, but it feels different then it used to be.

Ive been tellin cats this for years.... its a homogenization of fashion...

I didn't realize it but you're right...Regional style is dying

Used to definitely be able to tell where someone was from by how they were dressed.

Originally Posted by ricky409

I'm not sure why some people are downplaying style and dress like it doesn't matter.

Your clothes are an extension of how you feel about yourself.

It doesn't sound right said out loud, but its true

OK Jay

ATTITUDE_JM_launch_PR_image_with_logo.jpg

I wear Tims with cargo shorts since nobody does that out here in California.

I couldn't rock the jorts. Just couldn't bring myself to do it
laugh.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by ServeChilled81

Originally Posted by Leonidas

Regional style is definitely fading, and fast. DC used to be easy to tell, but now they all rock the same snapbacks and Js/Foams. Foams are still poppin, but it feels different then it used to be.

Ive been tellin cats this for years.... its a homogenization of fashion...

TRUE da heightz legend been saying this for a while internet killed this completely .I kinda miss those days

Honestly.. I let the sheep be sheep & do me throughout all these episodes.
I don't even conversate with others about styl when questioned.. no need to.
I'm gonna stay true to myself and do me because that's my only option.

I got no time to even mention a D riding Hypebeast No originality Follow everybody around me - type.. I play the outfeild and laugh while they feed into the useless hype and rant on about it, clown gon' be a clown.

females and dudes be all hype these days, and it'll get worse.

( don't wonder why I never post in any wdywt threads).. NT ain't "NT" anymore.

Originally Posted by Mr K

FIXED
Originally Posted by Young Handsome

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

2591-OLVZOOM1.JPG

Air-Jordan-12-Obsidian-University-Blue-White-French-Blue-1.jpg

So you deleted the T Shirt......

But you're claiming it's all about "Fit Fit Fit" though.....

How can you delete T, be all about the Camo's and the 12's, and claim it's all about "fit"? 

Exactly.

The same loss of regional fashion can be applied to music too, specifically rap. Everyone sounds like everyone these days. I actually miss being able to tell where someone was from from their musical style. Of course there are the exceptions, but a grip of the newer generation of artists don't seem to have a sense of their region's culture. And if they do it doesn't come across in their music.

Originally Posted by SpaceLemonkush

can you be mad the rest of the world want to copy and dress like us New yorkers?

The irony of your post vs. avy is amazing. Buddy defines biting, although not in the fashion sense.

Originally Posted by illphillip

FIXED

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

How can you delete T, be all about the Camo's and the 12's, and claim it's all about "fit"? 

Exactly.

Over your head the joke went...

LoveOfTheGame916 wrote:
laugh.gif
sick.gif

Whats wrong with jorts? I copped two pair from Levi (511 skinny cutpoff sorts)
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I wear these EVERYWHERE... im wearing them now
laugh.gif
... i slept in them yesterday... easily my favorite pair of shorts

AtWkI3nCIAMhJiZ.jpg:large
At3xHsFCAAARy9k.jpg:large

Oh well. I like my jokes funny. Sorry. But I think you also missed my point entirely.

So lemme spell it out. He can spin it however he likes. He knows it's not all about "fit" to him. That there are style choices being made that have nothing to do with "fit".

We talkin' about Toms. What does that have to do with "fit"?

Exactly.

The funny thing is, even "fit" is a trend. Some of these dudes were OD baggy not too long ago. Now they hipster chic.

Nice shorts.

One day all humans will wear a uniform spacesuit, so this ain't so bad.

Fit fit fit!!!!!.....seriously ya'll....focus on your clothes fitting you the right way, I could lOok better in a gap tee, a pair of chinos and some Toms then whatever clown is walkin around in some galaxy foambs, oversize A&F cargos and the hottest New graphic tee out...
Sorry bro, Tom's on males are ridiculous.  I don't care how many soft +$# dudes in the other thread co-sign those ugly slippers.
Style is subjective, and I'm subjectively criticizing your statement.

Regional style is fading, but it still exist.  While there will be some crossover, there will be things that certain regions wont be able to pull off.  You can't layer up in Cali/Florida for example, weather doesn't permit.

it's funny when I still rocked snap back style hats in like 2005 and people would ask me why I don't rock fitteds and now those clowns are the ones wearing snap backs 

Trucker hats?  You kept your Von Duetch collection famo, doubt it.  Don't buy that you were rocking snap backs in 2005.

On top of that, I refuse to rock snap backs.  Back in the day, you used to get clowned, called them "liquor store" hats.  Stay loyal to fitteds, then again I only rock one logo on my fitteds.

It's all about fit, and I agree with DJ7, I like the other thread but a lot of looks are "forced" and too many people co-sign just to boost e-ego's.

BRB *puts on a three piece suit to go to the grocery store*

I could care less about needing a certain way of dress or style to identify myself to someone. I think others shouldn't care either---I respect the ones that are courageous and daring to "try" to be different. Personally, its the ones that "try" the hardest that actually set the trends. Those are the ones that are remembered.

Most importantly, at the end of the day, what someone else eats dosen't make the other person full. For those that are concerned about others style or ones that are being "observant" of others personal style just ask yourself "will it matter 30 years from now---or even next year?" If it does matter then you have a lot of growing up to do.

I don't know, I guess when you get older things like that becomes less important when you have more responsibilities.

Originally Posted by illphillip

FIXED

Exactly.

Over your head the joke went...

LoveOfTheGame916 wrote:
laugh.gif
sick.gif

Whats wrong with jorts? I copped two pair from Levi (511 skinny cutpoff sorts)
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I wear these EVERYWHERE... im wearing them now
laugh.gif
... i slept in them yesterday... easily my favorite pair of shorts

AtWkI3nCIAMhJiZ.jpg:large
At3xHsFCAAARy9k.jpg:large

Seriously, y'all yungins have no idea how feminine those "shorts" look.  They look like the capris that my mom used to cop.  There's nothing cool about that at all.

I've been inspired by Malcolm x,pharoahs,bad brains,parliament funkadelic,miles Davis,paid in full,cam ron,what I wear to skate in,what I wear to hoop in,Walt fraiser,Henry Rollins,jotaro kujo from jojos blizzare adventure etc.Most of these cats now I see wear woman's jeans shorts,smedium t shirts,high socks with everything etc.Its sad man

Back
Top Bottom