The internet has destroyed personal style.

laugh.gif
fitteds >> snapbacks any day but I know it technically is a snapback but who the hell calls a Von Dutch a snapback??

Originally Posted by 703 Hwy

You're both wrong, Tyga brought snap backs back. He even made a song about it.
I know that was a joke,
but before people start repeating it like gospel in 2 weeks, it was really Kanye (imo of course).

I wouldn't be surprised if 1 or 2 celebs wore it before him, but he's the only one I could point to.

then a year later NY and the slums of NJ with path trains wore it, and it's still hot in Houston I heard 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

also, Taz Arnold is Kanye's boy, but I don't recall Kanye ever wearing a Ti$a embroidered snapback 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 703 Hwy

laugh.gif
fitteds >> snapbacks any day but I know it technically is a snapback but who the hell calls a Von Dutch a snapback??
what?  Von Dutch was a trend 

I was skimming the thread but didn't someone say something about Von Dutches being snap backs?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by NiPxD

Originally Posted by StillIn729

KSteezy thinks he is some fashion guru
not dressing like the young NTers doesn't make you special; especially when you try and make it a point every time you post 

laugh.gif
he does try to make it a point every time doesnt he?

Those Toms ALWAYS gets brought into the discussion.

THEY ARE DISGUSTINGLY FEMININE! Point, blank, PERIOD!
Y'all are the ones that put that p on a pedal stool. As stated previously style is subjective, I say just do you and let the clowns be clowns. That's all to it.

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

Originally Posted by illphillip

Originally Posted by Mr K

FIXED

So you deleted the T Shirt......

But you're claiming it's all about "Fit Fit Fit" though.....

How can you delete T, be all about the Camo's and the 12's, and claim it's all about "fit"? 

Exactly.

where does one order such digi cam?

can someone point me the right way on karma loop or sumthin. needa long inseem.

30t6p3b.gif
@ A&F stopping production of their old jauns... feels... awful
frown.gif
what i was trying to say obviously went over your heads, i deleted the shirt in reference to this dude Young Handsome posting a pic of himself shirtless a couple of times, had nothing to do with anything being discussed in this thread and stating my opinion doesnt make me a fashion guru, i just know how to dress my size, that is all.

Originally Posted by illphillip

Oh well. I like my jokes funny. Sorry. But I think you also missed my point entirely.

So lemme spell it out. He can spin it however he likes. He knows it's not all about "fit" to him. That there are style choices being made that have nothing to do with "fit".

We talkin' about Toms. What does that have to do with "fit"?

Exactly.

The funny thing is, even "fit" is a trend. Some of these dudes were OD baggy not too long ago. Now they hipster chic.

Nice shorts.
fam being well put together is ALL about fit, that is subjective to your own body type, a 250lbs dude will not look good in a pair of skinnys, same goes for a 130lbs dude with a pair of relaxed fit jeans, you have to know how to dress according to your body type, that is allllll it comes down to, if you have no notion of this, then most likely you are doing it wrong...if you know how to dress your size, you will look as good in a pair of cargo shorts and jays as you would in a damb Tom Ford suit.....given the time and place....come at me all ya want 
laugh.gif

and btw i used Toms as an example for simple comic relief, i like my Toms no shame in that....have multiple pairs, but really only wear them on those days when not a single damb is given and i just want to run out the door....but i use them as an example to sort of clown myself since i already know how 80% of NT feels about them.

Iwouldn't look too much into this...trendsetting still exists, just right now it'son a greater scale. Even before when things were divided by region people stillemulated the trends they liked in that particular region.

You got three types of people, trend setters (1), people who follow trends (2),and people who do both (3).

I remember when I first started college, to some people from the south thoughtReebok Classics was the only sneaker that mattered, to people from up north itwas all about Air Force 1's.

Funniest thing was people used to clown each other for what they wore becausewhere they came from that @%@% wasn't acceptable. So you pretty much paid Xamount of dollars for a product that you could only wear in one particularregion and it be deemed "in style". But now (if you're a follower oftrends) at least you can spend YOUR own hard earned money on a product that youknow will be accepted wherever you go.

Bottom line is that nothing can destroy personal style because its PERSONAL.Your always gonna have someone who truly knows what they like and has the giftof attracting others to imitate it.

Originally Posted by Mr K

and btw i used Toms as an example for simple comic relief, i like my Toms no shame in that....have multiple pairs, but really only wear them on those days when not a single damb is given and i just want to run out the door....but i use them as an example to sort of clown myself since i already know how 80% of NT feels about them.

You're a good sport
pimp.gif

How are yall even discussing who started wearing snap backs first, like its new or something?
What thread are you reading?

No one is arguing about that.

Internet wasnt the cause. Go back 100yrs and everyone dressed similar.

This aint nothing, but a re-run.

Regional style is fading, but I can still tell where people are from. I don't see people wearing bb belts and grey brims in the DMV, or people wearing Solbiato in NYC. When it gets to that, then i'll agree it's gotten bad.

Originally Posted by MonStar1

Everybody looks the same now.  Everybody is "cool" and "hip"
Seriously thanks to the techonology explosion of twitter, youtube, tumblr, camera phones, facebook, etc.  Everybody is up on the "latest".   

The problem is their isn't much "local" fashion anymore.  You used to be able to tell if somebody was from NY, Cali, DC, Chicago....hell you used to be able to tell if somebody was gay or straight.

But now in 2012 it's all one big hypebeast blur.  Gone are the days of discovering a brand or a style and bringing it back to your area. snapbacks, camo shorts, colorful nikes.  It's like a uniform out there. 

Be more like Yeezy and less like Weezy.  And that means be a tread setter not a follower, it doesn't mean dress like Kanye. 

I'd be less of both.

It really depends on what you look like, gotta agree with KSteezey.

However, I think the funniest thing is how men's fashion is becoming more feminine. Just look at the size of a manakin at Sports Authority vs Mark Shale or any designer. Absolutely hilarious. Not to mention the direction of men's footwear 
sick.gif

Just a few years ago it was super cool to work-out and fill out your shirts, now manorexia is in
indifferent.gif

how did von dutch end up in this thread lol..I havent seen those horrible trucker hats since like 03

laugh.gif

haha Von Dutch

the entire 2000's went like this

Trucker Hats (Von Dutch)
Pin Wheel hats
Fitteds
Snapbacks

Honestly this video sums up OP point that the internet has destroyed regionals style

I'm 17 born in 95
I can honestly say we're the last generation
The 95 kid and below are just changing it and killing what use to be a good original lifestlye, but it's cause they dont know what their killing, they can't realize the realness in his world , their not thinking. It's all this trend and to top off this trend , their trend is to look better than one another when they look the same anyways
Their brainwashed , their all sheep to this society, sheep to the destruction of human life , the Internet
I hope the Internet gets corrupt and a real war starts that will change the way this planet lives , change the way America lives.
I'm glad I know what's real and I'm not part of this social media internet craze hype.

And you can blame all the hype on tumblr, twitter, Instagram , Facebook

Smhh but thankfully yo boy Jpthe3 ain't no hype, I keep it G and simple [emoji]128526[/emoji] 8)

Some Nike Waffle Trainers
501s
Button up
Collar shirt
Some tshirts

Pro Clubs

A hat , I have a Mexico baseball hat fresh :pimp:

And some different sweaters to top it all off 8)

The better the sweater , the better the sweater style , the better it makes your outfit of any of the combination I listed above :pimp:

To me that's keeping it clean original and simple :tongue:

Last edited:
I'm 17 born in 95
I can honestly say we're the last generation
The 95 kid and below are just changing it and killing what use to be a good original lifestlye, but it's cause they dont know what their killing, they can't realize the realness in his world , their not thinking. It's all this trend and to top off this trend , their trend is to look better than one another when they look the same anyways
Their brainwashed , their all sheep to this society, sheep to the destruction of human life , the Internet
I hope the Internet gets corrupt and a real war starts that will change the way this planet lives , change the way America lives.
I'm glad I know what's real and I'm not part of this social media internet craze hype.

And you can blame all the hype on tumblr, twitter, Instagram , Facebook

Smhh but thankfully yo boy Jpthe3 ain't no hype, I keep it G and simple [emoji]128526[/emoji]
glasses.gif

Some Nike Waffle Trainers
501s
Button up
Collar shirt
Some tshirts

Pro Clubs

A hat , I have a Mexico baseball hat fresh
pimp.gif

And some different sweaters to top it all off
glasses.gif

The better the sweater , the better the sweater style , the better it makes your outfit of any of the combination I listed above
pimp.gif

To me that's keeping it clean original and simple
tongue.gif
you keeping it "simple" is the same "simple" that everyone else has lol . nobody dresses ghetto anymore we know , neither do you ......son you are 17 and you were born in 95 , you are part of the internet crew , you are displaying it right now , lol.

Back
Top Bottom