The Kid Griffey Jr. wearing the BEST cleats in the Game!

Originally Posted by Fab1122

675b0k.jpg

Check the rest of the pics over at theshoegame.com.

Those are BONKERZ!

I posted these in the MLB thread, but I am a High School Baseball umpire in New York State.
Regulations state that our shoes must be all-black.
The pickings are pretty slim, so I modified my Remixes.

Before:

As a HS umpire in New York state, we have to wear shoes that all black.
The pickings are pretty slim, so using exterior Krylon and marine grade polyurethane, I modified my remixes:

Before:

After:

^ If its not too much trouble, I'd like to see how they turned up fully dry... matte-finish and whatnot... thanks

Yeah. The NDC pic make them look like Concords. The patent looks cheap and I'm not a huge XI fan. I do like the mesh upper, stitched swoosh and the icesole. Shorts only. One wear with some jeans and they'd be toast.

Originally Posted by MPowers16

As a HS umpire in New York state, we have to wear shoes that all black.
The pickings are pretty slim, so using exterior Krylon and marine grade polyurethane, I modified my remixes:

Those look pretty nice
smokin.gif
, I wouldn't mind seeing some fully drypics as well.

I had a similar situation in high school, our team had a strict all-black cleat policy. I had picked up some Air Max Griffey I cleats on clearance for $19.99a couple of years before and had finally grown into them. I wanted to rock them, so I had the brilliant idea to spray paint them and black em out
mad.gif
laugh.gif
. I just used plain ole spray paint so they looked sweet, until they started cracking of course.

Anyway, they stayed in that condition for years until a few months ago I decided to bring them back (posted these in restoration thread originally).

I was able to bring them back from this:

13136cfb488648340cf7da480edf7086618029d0.pjpg

To this:
efe16346470ed9077eaeba3debad7ce056065cda.pjpg

91636291471541be006cda2a01d8760f1b46abb3.pjpg

52b36d25444944b90bddd09e0e387a1d53e80720.pjpg

Not perfect, but atleast they're respectable now.
(notice the misspelling on the box tag: Air Griff E Metal
laugh.gif
)

Anyway, I think you've got the right idea with the good paint and poly. I'm sure yours will hold up better than mine did.

^ all things considered, they look pretty decent...

Anyway, another pics of Jr's black/black/white Swingmans...
777757a737a681275edbefab31b2c592-getty-85136641jd008_seattle_marin.jpg

Originally Posted by cincybcats22

Mike - Employee Appreciation of course!

My boy hooked it up. I would share the love if I could
No worries homie. Who am I kidding anyways? They'd probably sit in a stack for five years, never worn.But alas, the Griffey fan in me still wants em
ohwell.gif
Too bad my homegirl doesn't work atFL anymore *reminisces*

But yo! Not that anybody cares, but I got yet ANOTHER pair of wearable OG AGM1's... for $66. Ya'll can have your!#!#!+, $200 retros
smokin.gif

PS larrivee7 you're the man for those cleats. Dunno if I'm more impressed at the resto job or the fact that yougot em for $19.99. Those will always be special to me as they were the first flip that really got me into eBay... Sold a pair for $270
eek.gif

M!ke

Originally Posted by nine point five

Originally Posted by cincybcats22

Mike - Employee Appreciation of course!

My boy hooked it up. I would share the love if I could
No worries homie. Who am I kidding anyways? They'd probably sit in a stack for five years, never worn. But alas, the Griffey fan in me still wants em
ohwell.gif
Too bad my homegirl doesn't work at FL anymore *reminisces*

But yo! Not that anybody cares, but I got yet ANOTHER pair of wearable OG AGM1's... for $66. Ya'll can have your @#%**@, $200 retros
smokin.gif

M!ke
got my retros for 100, def not $200. still on constant look out for a pair of OGs though.

larivee7.. you make me wana whip out my Griffey cleats from my high school days n restore em too
tongue.gif
does anyone know if the Jackie Robinson colorway will bereleased to Champs or Shiekh's? I copped the blk/wht's today w/the F&F discount: $66.50
pimp.gif

Thanks fellas!

nine point five wrote:

PS larrivee7 you're the man for those cleats. Dunno if I'm more impressed at the resto job or the fact that you got em for $19.99. Those will always be special to me as they were the first flip that really got me into eBay... Sold a pair for $270
eek.gif

M!ke

Thanks, the restoration was kind of a rough one, it was my first ever attempt. But atleast they're black and white again
laugh.gif

Yeah, I saw those on sale for $19.99 back in 1998 and was like
eek.gif
. Ibegged my mom to get them for me, even though they were a 9 and I wore like a 6.5 at the time
laugh.gif
. I convinced her that I'd grown into them and that I'd need some metalcleats in a couple of years anyway, but I knew I'd still wanna rock those no matter how long it had been since they released.

b1b36eb746f24fad07a1d9a907aa77fbff9a084f.pjpg

73816e454d02de0970ab583774b7ac0daa5766b6.pjpg

Still one of my best pickups to date.

Back
Top Bottom