The Largest Prime Number...So Far

Originally Posted by Snake201

But if you just had one more number doesn't it make it bigger?

doesnt mean itll still be a prime number
eyes.gif

This = new graphic T-shirt
laugh.gif
jk

anyho, I remember reading something about that about 4 months ago, it was this dude from Carleton university in Ottawa who figured it out, and yes there arebenefits to this; what are they?...I have no idea lol

"Several public-key cryptography algorithms, such as RSA, are based on large prime numbers (for example with 512 bits)."

And for the guy above me: "The oldest known proof for the statement that there are infinitely many prime numbers is given by the Greek mathematicianEuclid in his Elements (Book IX, Proposition 20)."

I think this is just the largest known prime number, but there are infinitely many that are even larger but no one knows them yet.

If i can remember correctly, prime numbers can only be devided by 1 and itself............is that right?

Originally Posted by 703FlipFiend

Who clicked the link for the whole thing? That joint is still loading up for me and it's been 2 minutes.

you on 56k?

took me like 1 second

Heres another random fact I found while browsing online:

An attosecond is one quintillionth of a second[sup][1][/sup]. To put this in perspective, one attosecond is to one second what one second is to the age of the universe

eek.gif
eek.gif

Originally Posted by Maelstroom

Heres another random fact I found while browsing online:

An attosecond is one quintillionth of a second[sup][1][/sup]. To put this in perspective, one attosecond is to one second what one second is to the age of the universe

eek.gif
eek.gif

eek.gif

But for real
indifferent.gif
how does this benefit ANYBODY
smh.gif

this is extremely important in encryption. Which is basically how any sensitive information on the internet is handled. There is definitely a lot of money inPrime Numbers. The actual number is just trivial and Might not sound like it has any importance when it is taken out of its context, but believe me it ispivotal.

Back
Top Bottom