"The Last Dance" Michael Jordan & Chicago Bulls Docuseries

🔥

1587056993952.png

If people would think he was horrible for his treatments, they either never had drive to be the best at what they do or they are overly sensitive to people not afraid to give direct criticism. I understand some may get offended, but only because thats simply the thing to do nowadays. But most who followed the Bulls then already knew Jordan would ride his players. Im sure there will be a lot of negative reactions from people that would never understand true self motivation.

If people would think he was horrible for his treatments, they either never had drive to be the best at what they do or they are overly sensitive to people not afraid to give direct criticism. I understand some may get offended, but only because thats simply the thing to do nowadays. But most who followed the Bulls then already knew Jordan would ride his players. Im sure there will be a lot of negative reactions from people that would never understand true self motivation.
or
he really is a *******

QUESTION #1

There's footage in this documentary of MJ wearing the Concord Xi while wearing what look like Jordan Brand shorts from around 97-98. AND the documentary was filmed around this time as well. Was MJ still wearing Concords this late?

the 2:30 mark

Mike has to be off. Anybody truly talented at a skill usually is. But him being an ******* is old news. Outside of something random like making Scottie cry, I don’t think anything will surprise us. But everything will be so fascinating to look at especially with a large focus being on the 90’s and what the Bulls were to pop culture at that time. Those of us that lived it are about to be on a high. The fact that Mike is finally going to get “villanized” is ill. It’s going to make his legacy even more legendary.

I have all the SI mags from that year. Pretty much how we all kept up on things back then. Used the sports page stat sheets in the newspaper to keep on the other stuff. Was reading books of his since 93 or so. He was never shy on admitting he was straight up with his guys.

I have all the SI mags from that year. Pretty much how we all kept up on things back then. Used the sports page stat sheets in the newspaper to keep on the other stuff. Was reading books of his since 93 or so. He was never shy on admitting he was straight up with his guys.
J, have you considered that there might be footage/stories that prove MJ is a terrible person that does not have anything to do with being competitive? I have heard tons of stories about him post retirement were he treating people poorly.

J, have you considered that there might be footage/stories that prove MJ is a terrible person that does not have anything to do with being competitive? I have heard tons of stories about him post retirement were he treating people poorly.
Absolutely. I have heard and read many of those type of stories. I am def not saying the man is perfect at all. But to believe a guy that has been the center of attention his whole life, cannot be an *** at times would be unrealistic. Just like us, he was gonna have days where he just dont want to be talked to. I understand this. To think he was always gonna be this picture perfect human with zero flaws? Even Jordan was tired of the attention.

"You can walk right be me and not say a word. That wouldnt bother me one bit". MJ in Air Time 1993 home video.

Last edited:
I can’t wait for this ****. ‘83 baby in the house. Jordan was a god. Saw the 4’s on some kid at daycare when I was like 5 and was hooked.

Memories of heading to my aunt/uncles on weekends and watching the Bulls on NBA on NBC. Great memories. Can’t wait.

I can’t wait for this ****. ‘83 baby in the house. Jordan was a god. Saw the 4’s on some kid at daycare when I was like 5 and was hooked.

Memories of heading to my aunt/uncles on weekends and watching the Bulls on NBA on NBC. Great memories. Can’t wait.

1984 kid here. As a Laker fan, in particular, and basketball fan in general, I learned about how a team wins and loses during the 97-98, 98-99, 99-00 season.

In recall in late May 1998, after Utah swept the Lakers, I told my uncle, "the Jazz might win it all, they have a great bench" my uncle said "they [the bulls] don't need a bench, they got Jordan." Welp, that just about says it all.

As a Laker fan born in 84... That conference finals in 98 I swore we would beat Utah and beat the Bulls..... Even if we beat Utah... Chicago would have cooked us.
MJ’s mentality is what willed that team. Pip was hurt a good portion of the season. Everyone knew it was coming to an end and Mike pushed them over the hump again

1984 kid here. As a Laker fan, in particular, and basketball fan in general, I learned about how a team wins and loses during the 97-98, 98-99, 99-00 season.

In recall in late May 1998, after Utah swept the Lakers, I told my uncle, "the Jazz might win it all, they have a great bench" my uncle said "they [the bulls] don't need a bench, they got Jordan." Welp, that just about says it all.

The things mentioned here aren't mutually exclusive.

You can be a great competitor that pushes those around him with/without being a jerk. It is possible.

Also, if someone finds someone a jerk that pushes folks around them in a "negative" (subjective) manner, it doesn't mean they aren't competitive and/or haven't been in their own personal wars. It COULD just mean they think hat person is an a**hole.

It isn't as black and white as you are speaking.

We can be motivated humans, while respecting Jordan's drive while still calling him a jerk. The same way people view Kobe.

All of those things can happen at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom