The Major League Baseball Post

It's been a LONG time since fans have been excited about the Orioles. Trust me.
laugh.gif

Keep an eye on Brian Matusz....this kid has the potential to be a 15-20 game winner in a few years...

*On a side note, am I the only one who thinks that this A-Rod/Dr. Anthony Galea story isn't getting too much press?

American League:

West: Mariners
Central: White Sox
East: Red Sox
Wild Card: Yankees

National League:

West: Dodgers
Central: Cardinals
East: Phillies
Wild Card: Rockies

Breakout candidates:

Homer Bailey
Matt Joyce
Ian Kennedy
Matt LaPorta
Justin Masterson
Chris Perez
Max Scherzer

My criteria for a "breakout player" is seemingly different than most.Players like Jay Bruce, Neftali Feliz and even an Erick Aybar havealready "broken out" to me.

Horrible news about Nathan. 

Is there any way Cleveland deals Kerry Wood to Minny being that they are division rivals? 
ohwell.gif

I'm more of an Arrieta fan. If he gets his control down pat he's gonna be a stud.

But him, Matusz, Britton and Erbe all pan out that and more importantly if the O's keep all of them...look out. I'm gonna be down at Camden for the series at the end of April to catch some games.

And I guess the love affair w/A-Rod after the WS is still ongoing. I expected that to blow up...

Sure. I've already suggested it to Ry.

That's also why I have Chris Perez on my list. Wood will be traded somewhere.

Anxiously awaiting a new class to vote on for the NT HOF CP................
laugh.gif

^
Sorry man, after a while it got hard to keep voters interested. 
laugh.gif
  We used up all the best players, the rest were all old timers nobody could really sit back and judge. 

But nonetheless, we got a pretty good hall built up. 

Minny have what Cleveland would want in a deal?  They gotta be leary of givin up any decent prospects that could potentially haunt them for the next 10 years. 
laugh.gif

On Baltimore... It's sad they're gonna develop this crop of talent and still be so far away from doing much of anything...
smh.gif

Markakis, Jones, Weiters, Tillman, Matusz...
sick.gif
pimp.gif

I'm still blown away they never traded Brian Roberts, though...
Is there any way Cleveland deals Kerry Wood to Minny being that they are division rivals?
Why would they care?
laugh.gif
Ain't like they got any shot this year anyways.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

If Minnesota took on a majority of his salary, I wouldn't particularly care what came back.

Deal breaker then. 
laugh.gif

I don't see them doin that.  I assume they look for the cheapest solution they can find, maybe even someone within their own system. 

I just figured Wood would be a good fit, one year only til Nathan gets back next season, fill a void, I know Cleveland doesn't really have hopes for him and would look to move him etc etc. 

Instead of getting Wood and having to pay him money to be a bum, why not go into your pen? Guerrier should be the man, .97 WHIP sub 2.5 ERA 16BB's in 76 IP. Like I said, not great like Nathan but very good numbers. Better than Woods' and 1/10th of the price.

Aging vets
Average staff
Little bats
Overinflated payroll
Crappy farm.

Astros = one of the worst teams in the majors if not the worst.
smh.gif

Other than that:

AL MVP: A-Rod
AL Cy-Young: Felix Hernandez

NL MVP: Pujols
NL Cy-Young: Doc Halladay

AL: Yanks, White Sox, Rangers, Red Sox
NL: Phils, Cards, Dodgers, Cubs

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Don't the Yankees have a thread? Can't most of yall just stay in there?
laugh.gif
smh.gif

I can't wait for the season to get under way... I enjoy the NBA, but nothing like NFL and MLB seasons...
pimp.gif
I thought I read it was the MLB thread and the Yankees are part of the MLB
smh.gif

Salty before the season even starts I guess you missed the humor in my post

pimp.gif
cannot wait for baseball to start

AL: yanks, chi sox, mariners, red sox
NL: dodgers, phils, cards, cubs

what's this O's nonsense??????

kidding...they're poised to make some noise.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

On Baltimore... It's sad they're gonna develop this crop of talent and still be so far away from doing much of anything...
smh.gif
I don't know, nobody saw the Rays coming in 2008.  If anyone says that they saw them going to the World Series, they are lying to themselves.

That team went from 66 wins in 2007 to 97 in 2008 and a trip to the World Series.

Not saying the O's will be the 2008 Rays, but just throwing it out there that anything can happen if everything comes together.

EDIT- Still
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
that someone stole my autographed Adrian Gonzales and Justin Upton baseballs.

Originally Posted by TheAssassin23

Salty before the season even starts 
Salty? Naaah... Yanks can get their James Cameron on, I don't care.
I don't know, nobody saw the Rays coming in 2008.  If anyone says that they saw them going to the World Series, they are lying to themselves.
The Orioles don't have that kinda depth, though... The Rays developed all them dudes and still have loads more on the way...
sick.gif

So do the Rays get stronger this season and make more of a leap, or they gonna dip down a little further? 

Originally Posted by bijald0331

from a comment on mlb.com article on heyward blast:

"another big comparison for heyward. there was the griffey comparison, dave justice, the bat sound of mantle and hank. derryl strawberry. and now albert pujols' plate discipline. wow. that's the only thing i can say."

eek.gif
I really want to see this HR that wildKY and others mentioned. Someone get a vid in here.

I would hate to see this thread die as it has in the past. Baseball brings up great discussions, I'll do my part by posting throughout the season.

Wow 450 feet, not bad

The Rays kept Burrell that was all I needed to know. I think they will maybe run for the wildcard other than that 08 was it for now

Back
Top Bottom