The millennial urban lifestyle is about to increase in cost

Naw this is bogus I was born 87 and definitely don’t consider myself a millennial. Growing up remember the 90s which had a lot more similarities to the 80s gives us that pass. I’m at that age where I’m not consider a millennial but not considered an “old head” either lol
You still wet behind the ears bruh

Most of the stuff about generations is unscientific and anti solidaristic (class and race and gender and region of the world where you grew up in are much bigger factors in how your life will end up than the specific year of birth). However, if we assume our subjects are North American, white and/or at least middle class AND we narrow our focus to one's interactions with consumer electronics and pop culture during adolescence and early adulthood, then the idea of generations does have some purchase.

In that context, the idea of xennials makes a lot of sense. It's people born between about 1977 to 1983. Basically, it's the people who used dial up when they were seniors in high school. Gen X is associated with holding a tape recorder up to the radio and millennial is associated with iTunes. Xennial is the transitory phase that pirated music and stored them on a zune or burned them to CDs.

As far as this article is concerned. It's true that the flood of VC money has acted as a modest subsidy for middle to upper class urbanites. If that bates though, then the flood of private equity and real estate speculation money will also abate. the result will be lower rents or at least rents will increase at a slower rate so it could even out. That assumes that you keep your job in a big city which may not be the case though.

Thread was about lifestyle but of course people wanna focus on the technical’s of being a millennial :lol:

Xennial= 1980-1987, Millenial= 1988-1995
Plenty ppl born from 88 to 93 grew up in analog world though.

Seems yall just made up a sub group to separate yallselves in vain.
i literally don’t know anyone in my age group like this. why do ppl want millennials to come off this way? is it grouchy old ppl reassurance syndrome?
The way I look at is 10 years ago nobody was calling me a millennial.

In that decade a new breed arose that seems to piss ppl off. Similar in ways but their traits are extreme.

Every time I'm given an example of one its someone younger than me and we don't relate much. Yet I'm grouped with them.

Last edited:
Seems yall just made up a sub group to separate yallselves in vain.
Stereotypical millennial entitlement yearning for praise and even going as far as to try to separate themselves to receive said praise. It’s almost like they can’t help it. The purest of type of millennials there is. “Xennials.” :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Last edited:
93 grew up in analog world though

93? nah.

your "i dont remember ish cuz i was too young" should span most of da early 80's and this having a robust vivid childhood in da 90's with very little to no internet... that's a xennial.

The true millenials were already using friendster and MySpace by the time they were on the internet, the Xennials were doing the AIM/yahoo chat/msn chat/ICQ and chat rooms a/s/l tip. Xanga and Livejournal for early blogging, early video cams you had to attach to your desktop that were low quality. Blackplanet/AsianAvenue/Migente and Facebattle etc. sites. Xennials were on the internet during the days a lot of ppl made theiur websites with Angelfire/Geocities/Tripod

The true millenials were already using friendster and MySpace by the time they were on the internet, the Xennials were doing the AIM/yahoo chat/msn chat/ICQ and chat rooms a/s/l tip. Xanga and Livejournal for early blogging, early video cams you had to attach to your desktop that were low quality. Blackplanet/AsianAvenue/Migente and Facebattle etc. sites. Xennials were on the internet during the days a lot of ppl made theiur websites with Angelfire/Geocities/Tripod
eh, most of the stuff u named i'm familiar w/ and i'm at the tail end of the millennials. every generation has front & back end. I'm pretty sure ppl born in 1965 & 1980 (gen x) are gonna share everything in common, but specific events and upbringings establishes the generation they're placed in.

Familiar with how? Msot of what i named was late 90s and early 2000s before 2003, tail end means you're born in 1995. 4 year olds weren't on the internet like that back in 1999

eh, most of the stuff u named i'm familiar w/ and i'm at the tail end of the millennials. every generation has front & back end. I'm pretty sure ppl born in 1965 & 1980 (gen x) are gonna share everything in common, but specific events and upbringings establishes the generation they're placed in.

I thought yuppies were associated with 1980s boomers?

millennials were either too young or not born yet to be professional, is there another generational applicable title?

Last edited:
Familiar with how? Msot of what i named was late 90s and early 2000s before 2003, tail end means you're born in 1995. 4 year olds weren't on the internet like that back in 1999
A lot of that stuff you talked about like AIM, Angelfire, etc. was all used until MySpace took over in like 06007. Not mention all that stuff u named is social media. NT=Social Media. Generation X created that stuff & the first batch of millennials (YOU) made it blow up.

Millennials aren’t buying homes, getting married, or having kids so it all evens out in the end.
Just spending money on “experiences”

Aka music festivals and trips for the gram. I’m a millennial.

in general, what would you consider to be a healthy childhood?

going OUTSIDE, scraping your knees at da playground, playing with actual toys, having an imagination, learning about deferred gratification from not basically having da entirety of human history in da palm of your hands that kills your inquisitiveness.

watching a TON of cartoons, coloring, etc.

Younger generations won't have access to anything real in the future.

No original copies of songs.
No real meat in their sandwiches.
Digital interaction with other humans.
Barely experiencing handwriting.

A generation void of human behavior.

Younger generations won't have access to anything real in the future.

No original copies of songs.
No real meat in their sandwiches.
Digital interaction with other humans.
Barely experiencing handwriting.

A generation void of human behavior.

Sounds like something a boomer would say...

Kids will be still getting this and more. This isn't changing except maybe handwriting 😂

going OUTSIDE, scraping your knees at da playground, playing with actual toys, having an imagination, learning about deferred gratification from not basically having da entirety of human history in da palm of your hands that kills your inquisitiveness.

Kids still do all that $#! %

im 93 and did all this lol.

I think social class also plays a role in how early you got exposed to the internet back then because it was a luxury. Now everyone has access to it with a phone

Back in the AIM days I was staying up late just to sext girls because of timezones :lol:

well whatdoyaknowdawg, u just described a millennial w/ a healthy childhood buddy.

i got the eyebrow scar around 5 or 6 when got thrown through a cracked window (I punched the older 80's millennial b/c he wouldn't give me back my nerf football). I got the scar under my eye due to falling out of a tree & hitting my face on a bike peg (yikes! could've lost my eye).
6A07E455-F700-4792-BCCF-F3288AC80AD8.jpeg

here's some of my old toys (i still randomly think about the Trunks my mom gave away :smh:)
AD6E6E19-BFC7-447F-A06E-0EF825E2DC5D.jpeg

here's one of my old manga covers (myself & a old friend use to make manga together. this likely 5th grade).
59EADD90-7A3B-4F94-8A87-15E553448BB0.jpeg

uhmm, i can be very impatient at my worst, but that's just my personality. However, I do tend to be very patient. Like since this new dunk emerged I've refused instant gratification to pay over $300 for these
119F93BC-5891-490B-BDC5-6E1358EF8CFA.jpeg

especially for a used pair (these ppl be buggin. even old gr's s are selling for hundreds now. lovley. it's hard being a size 9 in the hype world these days). But yeah, I recently talked to some guy into selling them for like $190. Deferred gratification sure does pay off dawg.

Back
Top Bottom