The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC on NOW: Black Beast

So Rashad is fighting again and has not being training at Blackzillians, or with Hooft, but with Mark Henry.

I still kind of feel like, no matter what anyone says, the BZ/Hooft situation had an effect on Rumble in this last fight.

Last edited:
Munoz was on a 4 fight win streak and had won 7 of his last 8 going into the Weidman fight, the loss being a split decision L to Okami. The Weidman fight was only Munoz' 15th pro fight. He had never been destroyed like that. Again, you can't just go based off age

The Rockhold/Weidman fight started off very even. Can't dispute that, all went down hill after Weidman tried that kick

Last edited:
shad need to hang em up.

shoulda hung em up a couple fights ago, the game done passed him by

he just collecting checks at this point :smh:

He had a gig at Fox/FS1 too so I don't know what happened there and why he wants to fight more.

I don't see him on there as much anymore though.

When I hear Roy Jones, all I can think is "STOP FIGHTING and take the desk job".

Because from the way they sound already, they're going to lose the desk job if they take more punches.

Yoel is 39 and is 14 pro fights in

Again, age isn't the biggest factor

You have to include mileage, wars, bad losses, athleticism etc.

You can be "old" in age but still green(ish) in combat

Last edited:
Mileage is key.

Anderson seemed to only take punches when he wanted to for a lot of his career (going off memory so I could be misremembering).

And before Chris, the majority of his wins in the UFC were over in Rds. 1+2.

Last edited:
Munoz was on a 4 fight win streak and had won 7 of his last 8 going into the Weidman fight, the loss being a split decision L to Okami. The Weidman fight was only Munoz' 15th pro fight. He had never been destroyed like that. Again, you can't just go based off age

The Rockhold/Weidman fight started off very even. Can't dispute that, all went down hill after Weidman tried that kick

munoz was NEVER a contender, it was a impressive elbow against a solid dood.....call a spade a spade, thats it.

and dood maybe the first round was close...but did you forget the fight?

at the end of the 3rd BEFORE the kick...luke had chris in all sorts of trouble he had full mount and threw like 20+ UNANSWERED ground and pound strikes until the bell SAVED chris.....Herb was heavily criticized for not stopping it right there

chris had a couple of really good body kicks, but every time he took luke down, luke threatened with a submission and got up...he had a pretty tight guillotine I think in the 2nd or 3rd...

chris was getting countered all night too with the hands...

go back watch it again, it wasnt really close after the first at all

Last edited:
munoz was NEVER a contender, it was a impressive elbow against a solid dood....cmon man munoz???

and dood maybe the first round was close...but did you forget the fight?

at the end of the 3rd BEFORE the kick...luke had chris in all sorts of trouble ha had full mount and threw like 20+ UNANSWERED ground and pound strikes until the bell SAVED chris.....Herb was heavily criticized for not stopping it right there

chris had a couple of really good body kicks, but every time he took luke down, luke threatened with a submission and got up...he had a pretty tight guillotine I think in the 2nd or 3rd...

chris was getting countered all night too with the hands...

go back watch it again, it wasnt really close after the first at all
Incorrect, Munoz at the time was originally scheduled to fight Sonnen for the title eliminator but Munoz got hurt and was replaced by Bisping. Munoz was indeed a contender at the time. I'm just saying you sit there and try to discredit Munoz for all the wrong reasons.

Rockhold/Weidman was 1-1 going to the 3rd when Luke turned it on, I'll rewatch it though. I know Chris at least won round 1

Last edited:
and who do you think would have won that title eliminator...

im sorry bro, i was watching UFC at that time and munoz was NOT a contender, not even a gatekeeper. Who was munoz biggest win in the UFC at the time? Chris Leben, Kendal Grove?

I just disagree brother. Its cool you think munoz was a contnder at one point and I dont, Im comfortable with that.

Last edited:
So the age alone is not the sole determining factor is what you're saying? There are other factors involved?

Exactly.

I'm not even going to bother with a 46 year old Bernard Hopkins :lol: Maybe his peak was at 36-37 when, after 40 pro fights, he beat Trinidad, Joppy, De La Hoya etc.

I have no reason to believe the Anderson that beat Bonnar, Okami, Chael, Maia and humiliated Griffin wasn't as good as the one that beat Leben, Franklin, Lutter, Marquardt etc.

There is nothing about his in ring performance that would suggest such a thing. So, as I stated, that's just a matter of opinion.

And I'm not just going to say that's the case because Weidman beat him next. Maybe Weidman was just better.

That's the point here. I'm not going to create false narratives about guys for the sake of debate.

Why do you think Bernard Hopkins' peak is at 36-37?

Last edited:
and who do you think would have won that title eliminator...

im sorry bro, i was watching UFC at that time and munoz was NOT a contender, not even a gatekeeper. Who was munoz biggest win in the UFC at the time? Chris Leben, Kendal Grove?

I just disagree brother. Its cool you think munoz was a contnder at one point and I dont, Im comfortable with that.
idk man, I'm just saying if you're in a title eliminator fight how are you not a contender? 

Maia was coming off the Anderson loss and then a two fight win streak when he fought Munoz

C.B. Dolloway was on a three fight win streak when he fought Munoz

idk who his biggest win was, I would still consider him a contender at the time

So the age alone is not the sole determining factor is what you're saying? There are other factors involved?

Exactly.

I'm not even going to bother with a 46 year old Bernard Hopkins :lol: Maybe his peak was at 36-37 when, after 40 pro fights, he beat Trinidad, Joppy, De La Hoya etc.

I have no reason to believe the Anderson that beat Bonnar, Okami, Chael, Maia and humiliated Griffin wasn't as good as the one that beat Leben, Franklin, Lutter, Marquardt etc.

There is nothing about his in ring performance that would suggest such a thing. So, as I stated, that's just a matter of opinion.

And I'm not just going to say that's the case because Weidman beat him next. Maybe Weidman was just better.

That's the point here. I'm not going to create false narratives about guys for the sake of debate.

Why do you think Bernard Hopkins' peak is at 36-37?

I never said I did. I said "maybe".

And I referenced that timeframe because that was the same age where you claim Anderson was no longer at his "peak" because of his age. Even though he was still winning in dominant fashion until he lost to Chris.

Last edited:

And I referenced that timeframe because that was the same age where you claim Anderson was no longer at his "peak" because of his age. Even though he was still winning in dominant fashion until he lost to Chris.

I could easily say De La Hoya and Trinidad were blown up welterweights, light middleweights at the most. Those might be the biggest names on Hopkins resume but that doesn't mean they're his best wins or really prove one way or another whether he was in his prime. I think he was better when he was KO'ing dudes left and right in the 90's

But it looks like we just gotta agree to disagree. I think that fighters get old and can still perform well while not being the same dude they used to be. And age, ring years and fight style are factors that can play into it. I don't think a 37 year Anderson was at his peak but apparently you do, I'll agree to disagree.

Last edited:
idk man, I'm just saying if you're in a title eliminator fight how are you not a contender? 

Maia was coming off the Anderson loss and then a two fight win streak when he fought Munoz

fair enough.

We just gotta agree to disagree then. I think fighters get old and can still perform well while not being the same dude they used to be. And age, ring years and fight style are factors that can play into it. I don't think a 37 year Anderson was at his peak but apparently you do, I'll agree to disagree.

No. I don't.

If I had to pick a "peak" to me it looks like everything between his loss to Chonan and his loss to Weidman.

I'm not searching for a mythical 2-3-4 or whatever year period where he supposedly looked better because he was vicious through all of that.

So in that respect, we can agree to disagree.

That Frykland elbow though :smokin

Last edited:

He's way off in his own opinionated world that's why I ain't bother responding to his long post. No shade at u brother @sorianotron lol just keeping it real. U made a lot of invalid points.

Trying to discredit all of his wins is insane. Maybe he's not dominant like he was his first 13 fights or whatever but he's still legit. Close fight with rockhold, made a dumb mistake which turned the fight around which he was winning. Even the 3rd round til that kick, then got caught by the most dangerous fighter in the division in a close fight. And got screwed by the ref. Oh and btw who was the last non top 5 guy he fought ??

Mw division is deeeep. Prob the best in UFC

Last edited:
After this weekend, only fight I'm looking forward to is Cub/Artem and even that was lackluster matchmaking until we get to 211 on May 13.

Close fight with rockhold, made a dumb mistake which turned the fight around which he was winning.

Im not discrediting weidman, but lets call a spade a spade...Chris lost 3 50/50 fights IN A ROW to the top 3...how am I discrediting him...the truth is the truth.

dude luke had chris mounted and herb was fainting back and fourth ready to jump in and stop the fight at the END OF THE 3RD. Chris was literally saved by the bell.

The kick was in the 4th...and then he was finished.

Look don't take my word for it go back and watch the fight. Hell I even posted a clip of the end of the 3rd in my previous post,

Chris lost 2 times in that fight. Im sorry man the fight wasnt really close. Luke was never hurt or in any trouble...

Chris and Moose was closer.

Longo even said it himself Chris doesnt pull the trigger against the top guys like romero, jacare, etc...

Last edited:
Im not discrediting weidman, but lets call a spade a spade...Chris lost 3 50/50 fights IN A ROW to the top 3...how am I discrediting him...the truth is the truth.

dude luke had chris mounted and herb was fainting back and fourth ready to jump in and stop the fight at the END OF THE 3RD. Chris was literally saved by the bell.

The kick was in the 4th...and then he was finished.

Look don't take my word for it go back and watch the fight. Hell I even posted a clip of the end of the 3rd in my previous post,

Chris lost 2 times in that fight. Im sorry man the fight wasnt really close. Luke was never hurt or in any trouble...

Chris and Moose was closer.

Longo even said it himself Chris doesnt pull the trigger against the top guys like romero, jacare, etc...

Sir stop lying its obvious ur ignorant or trolling. Kick was in third...it led to him being mounted.

Another lie is Luke wasn't in trouble at all, I believe Weidman had his back in first and also hurt Luke w a body kick. And just cuz ur not close to finishing g someone doesn't mean u weren't winning a fight

Didn't argue anything about the third or finish, I actually agreeshoukd have been stopped in third.

And what's this 50/50 u keep saying. Every fight is 50/50 lol

Truth is out there, u just don't know what it is

Last edited:
Your right, the kick was in the 3rd, I can eat that...I was 100% wrong. Ill admit that I honestly thought the kick was in the fourth. No lies or trolling here.

still don't change the outcome of the fight.

Truth is out there, u just don't know what it is

bro now YOU trollin LOL

at the end of the day regardless of what you say or I say...chris lost 2 times in that fight. Then proceed to be FINISHED his next 2 fights as well.

Thats the truth.

he aint looked "elite" since Vitor in 2015.

some of yall was up in here getting hella mad when I was saying the same thing about pettis years back too :lol:

And just because Im stating facts doesnt mean Im hating on the dood, im just telling the truth.

I would like to see him go to a different camp and get a fresh look, he still got alot of miles left and he can always go up to 205 at some point, theres good matchups there for him as well.

and 50/50....

cmon dooooood so u telling me mcgregor vs siver was a 50/50 fight....nahhhh

yes everyone has a CHANCE, but that chance varies on how well doods match up and how comparable their skillsets are.

When you get 2 doods similarly sized, aged, trained and experienced thats more like a 50/50

jacare x romero was an example of a legit 50/50

Last edited:
You were discrediting pettis for beating elite fighters though lol, he lost to rda and then you started to pop off with the fraud stuff

With chris and pettis i strongly doubt anyone was proclaiming them to be historic athletes or anything like that when they were winning so I really don't see the point in being ultra critical on them. I don't see the point in trying to tell us "I told you so"

They've both had nice runs. They've both beat some talented fighters and proceeded to lose to talented fighters. Nothing more nothing less. Pettis I would say is definitely on a worse trajectory right now though

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom