The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 300 ON NOW

If he ever gets a rematch with coke jones, he should move up after. He can get that hw belt.

Anthony Johnson's corner was angry, confused by decision to wrestle Daniel Cormier at UFC 210

Round 1
Voice: Take your time. Nice. Take your time. Don’t take him down.

Hooft: Don’t wrestle him.

Voice: If you’re going to go, go single.

Hooft: You don’t have to wrestle him, AJ. Just relax.

Voice: Don’t wrestle him.

Hooft: Get out of there. Get out of there.

Grappling coach Neil Melanson: OK, stud. Now, let’s get your hands hot.

Voice: Why is he wrestling him?

Hooft: This is stupid.

Voice: Why is he wrestling him?

Hooft: (Expletive) it, man. Just get off the cage.

Voice: Get out of there.

Voice: Why isn’t he listening?

(Johnson and Cormier are broken up by referee John McCarthy, and Johnson lands kicks.)

Voice: He’s tired already, DC. He doesn’t need to do this.

Voice: Why isn’t he listening?

Hooft: I don’t know why he’s doing that. We have no (expletive) eyes.

Break between Round 1 and Round 2
Hooft: Can you tell me why you’re wrestling? Now, you’re not going to wrestle. You take your distance. Stay away, two steps away. Why are you so worried about everything? The kicks and the knees are really good, but no kicks. Where’s your hands?

Voice: You’re doing great. Don’t (expletive) wrestle him.

Hooft: If you stand your distance, it’s an easy game. Why make it difficult?

Round 2
Hooft: Movement. Athletic. Movement. That’s it. Take your distance.

(Johnson reverses against the cage and goes for another takedown)

Hooft: You need distance.

Hooft: I’m not saying nothing.

(Cormier has Johnson on the mat and is setting up a choke)

Hooft: It’s going the same as last time.

(Johnson submits to Cormier via rear-naked choke)

Hooft: Why, why the (expletive) does this happen every (expletive) time, man? Crazy.

STILL cannot believe dude went out there and quit like that, damn that's so dissappointing. I really think he coulda beat Cormier too.

The crazy thing is Rumble had DC in some trouble with the shin to the face. DC was marked up pretty good and possibly has a broken nose

DC just too skilled and too durable. Glover/Gus/Manuwa, idk man, I don't think their styles pose more of a threat to DC than Rumble

At this point my hope is that DC defeats Jones in their rematch just to set up the trilogy fight. Nothing else in that division really engages me right now. Gus looked real bleh in his last fight

The crazy thing is Rumble had DC in some trouble with the shin to the face. DC was marked up pretty good and possibly has a broken nose

DC just too skilled and too durable. Glover/Gus/Manuwa, idk man, I don't think their styles pose more of a threat to DC than Rumble

At this point my hope is that DC defeats Jones in their rematch just to set up the trilogy fight. Nothing else in that division really engages me right now. Gus looked real bleh in his last fight

DC is definitely legit but Rumble gave a half *** effort last night, that's why his coaches walked out on him. Completely abandoned the gameplan, and he was winning the standup before he did.

I like the guy but when you mix the retirement, plus asking friends and fam not to show, plus completely abandoning his biggest strengths, plus not fighting the rear naked choke at all, just seems like dude never had intentions of actually winning last night. Not the way I would've wanted to see dude go out

Last edited:
Rumble didnt even try to let the hands go. I dont understand... he was the favorite somehow too. Maybe he took the dive for big money *shrug*

There's no doubt Rumble's heart/head wasn't it in, but he still hit that man with a straight shin shot. DC's chin is pretty insane, can't deny that

DC has beat everyone except Jones. DC was also impressive as hell at HW

Can't deny DC's accomplishments and skills even though Rumble was on his way out. That division IMO doesn't have anything for DC outside of Bones

Rumble didn't throw the fight he's never been known for having heart or facing adversity well. He loves to be the hammer but when he becomes the nail then he finds the fast way out, DC twice and Vitor.

Rumble didn't throw the fight he's never been known for having heart or facing adversity well. He loves to be the hammer but when he becomes the nail then he finds the fast way out, DC twice and Vitor.

He definitely finds a way out but this time he literally initiated his way out, he kept initiating the grappling with DC, even after he broke his nose.

Either he has the worst fight IQ ever or he had no plans on actually winning that fight

UFC 213 looking pretty good so far for July

Bantamweight Cody Garbrandt (c) vs. T.J. Dillashaw

Heavyweight bout: Fabrício Werdum vs. Alistair Overeem[7]
Welterweight bout: Robbie Lawler vs. Donald Cerrone[5]
Heavyweight bout: Travis Browne vs. Oleksiy Oliynyk[8]

Last edited:
They need it. Bad.

Fights have been sporadic and the great ones even moreso.

Last two PPV's been a mess with Woodley/Wonderboy, Khabib/Ferg not happening and now last night.

Hopefully 211 delivers and 212 rounds out a bit more as well.

Last edited:
Lmao, I'm watching Diaz vs Daley in Strikeforce, apparently it was the same night that Zuffa purchased Strikeforce

Dana and Lorenzo were cage side... Dana was wearing a Strikeforce shirt 
laugh.gif

Gil, Mousasi and Aoki were on this card as well

Last edited:
Yup classic fight. It was in San Diego, which I happened to be in San Diego that same night and I was scrambling to try to attend but sadly didn't work out

It's crazy how time flies. Can't believe that was the night that Zuffa purchased.. this was 6 years ago today. Insane to me

A video of that weidman called I mean honestly it's supposed to go in the word Of the ref not the promoter but I still think the /be knew was illegal

Wasn't Dan the ref when BJ lost to an illegal shot on hammil?

Sad to see rumble leave early but guy just wasn't in it

If Dana is calling the cody/tj fight the co main for 213, I wonder who he has in store for the main event. Any predictions?

Probably keeping it open just in case any of these become realistic options

GSP

Diaz

Conor

Jones

As it is there's a distinct possibility he won't get any of them for the 213. I hope they don't make it a women's title fight though smh

If Maia makes quick work of masvidal next month I wonder if they try to setup him and Woodley but the way Tyrone's last fight went I'm not sure they'd want to put in on July's card

Just watched 210, what a terrible co and main event. Hate how Rumble appeared to roll over and barely try to defend the choke. And SMH at the co main controversy. It sucks how the commissions can differ by state.

Although, we might want to agree with You.

Rumble didnt even try to let the hands go. I dont understand... he was the favorite somehow too. Maybe he took the dive for big money *shrug*
I agree with this, and the reason for that it's because ...

SMH for asking people not to show up to his " last " fight. What a horrible way to go out.
of this ... Why would you tell people to stay away? Probably cause you didn't want for them to see you lose?? Or because they know you better and could potentially see that you was giving up the fight.

Back
Top Bottom