The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 300 ON NOW

Stipe a 10 year old trapped in a HW champions body :lol:

Part of the problem with Rockhold is he seems to think he's more charismatic/charming/smart than he really is.

You're coming of a loss. A KO loss. Not a close decision. Go get a win then you can think about a title fight again.

Last edited:
Which is a shame since he is such a good looking dude too. 

Could be the CR7 for the UFC. 

Soccer is a different animal man. The loyality and reverence fans have for players is insane.

There's dudes out there that would legit take a bullet for Ronaldo :lol:

Messi couldn't be any less charismatic... again, fans would die for my boy.

MMA fans couldn't be more fickle. Bones, Ronda....

Last edited:
jsut saw the first episode of embedded. I hope Joanna doesn't miss weight after eating that cupcake. There's been a string a bad luck with people eating things during embedded and missing weight (Pettis with the steak and Khabib with the tiramisu :lol: :lol: )

I've been following Joanna in IG for a while now. She seems to only eat sushi and some nutritious-looking breakfast-y meals. I'll be really surprised if she misses weight, especially on that body frame.

First time for everything though. And I've been reading about this so-called NT jinx.

NT Jinx is undefeated

I still remember mans in swore Jose would WASH Conor, and looked how that played out

Stipe is a funny dude. I do hope they feature the other guys in the other embeddeds as the countdown didn't even cover the other two Marquee fights (edgar-yair and Maia-Masvidal)

Stipe a 10 year old trapped in a HW champions body :lol:

Part of the problem with Rockhold is he seems to think he's more charismatic/charming/smart than he really is.

You're coming of a loss. A KO loss. Not a close decision. Go get a win then you can think about a title fight again.

Agreed. I find it strange that he included himself in the Mousasi, Whitaker and Romero conversation. All of those guys are CURRENTLY making their case for being #1 contenders. Rockhold isn't. He had a chance to fight after his loss. Now, he's saying he doesn't want to fight anyone until the championship situation resolves.

Silva isn't in a position to demand an interim title fight based on his recent record (he should of jumped on Bisping then punched him to unconsciousness after that lethal knee). But he did sort of "save" UFC 200. And he's obviously a legend.

Why aimlessly fight if the title is going to be held up for another year?

Let's aay he goes and fight next month. The title doesn't get defended until November. With all these contenders, he has to kill time with at least another 2 fights before he can get a title shot.

The logjam needs to be sorted and he is absolutely correct.

Who's to say Luke is the guy that gets the shot after his next win though. He's not fighting "aimlessly".

He's going to have to have at LEAST one more fight before a shot. Possibly 2, depending on who he fights. at which point that lines up perfectly with the title shot potentially.

He's not wrong in what he's saying. We all know this. From the matchup to GSP dragging his ***.

But the only thing Luke should be worried about is getting a fight booked and getting back into the W column which will not be a given no matter who he fights.

Yoel is the guy being screwed here.

Ameida vs Rivera in July. Whoa what a fight!

Stipes girl must be a dope cuz stipe be acting real crazy most of the time he's on camera lol

Last edited:
I'm not saying he's next in line. As it stands he's definitely behind Romero, Mousassi and Whitaker.

Hypothetically speaking of course:
Rockhold fights in July
Bisping/GSP happens in November

Romero vs. Winner in March
Rockhold isn't sitting out from July to March so he'd have to fight again

Moussasi vs. Champ in July 2018
That's an entire year that has passed and Whitaker is still in line.

Whitaker vs. Champ in December 2018

As it stands right now if everyone keeps pace the earliest Rockhold could realistically get a shot is in 2019.

He's not fighting only 2 times in the next 2 years if he just goes and hop in the ring right now. That's what I mean by he'd be fighting aimlessly.

That's a lot of hypotheticals. Especially considering that Moussasi was the guy they talked to Luke about fighting.

Time will tell. In your hypothetical, Romero also sits out for a full year. Whitaker either doesn't fight or doesn't lose until December 2018.

Which I'm not sure will be the case. Time will tell.

Point is, Luke just needs to get a fight and win a fight right now.

Rockhold is delusional, seems like he can afford not to fight though. I'd say other than Romero I can't see any of the other top 5 sitting out until next year.

Stipe's wife.. sheesh

IF THEY DON'T SHOW OTHER FIGHTERS

NOBODY GIVE A RAT'S *** ABOUT these damn women. JJ is coo but show Yair and Frankie or Maia and Jorge for once

Foreal like give masvidal\maia and edgar\yair personalities time to shine and build their names

Y'all don't remember stipe was doin that hang up thing last time too

Stipe's wife.. sheesh

IF THEY DON'T SHOW OTHER FIGHTERS

NOBODY GIVE A RAT'S *** ABOUT these damn women. JJ is coo but show Yair and Frankie or Maia and Jorge for once

They weren't in the Countdown show either which makes them being the sole focus of the Embeddeds so far even stranger.

Last edited:
Welp, I don't expect that fight to go on lol. Don't even care how many stitches I'm just expecting the worst

Yair towers over frankie whoa! The face offs really showed the size difference

Jj and Andrade are friends so this has been a much different build for jj. Andrade is scary I feel like her and Claudia have the best chances, Andrade having been at 135 is a factor

Jose Aldo gets stitches after sparring session, guarantees UFC 212 title fight is still on

Josie starting to cover his bases
mean.gif
Jose knows if he pulls out of another fight it will damage his rep and standing with the UFC a good deal. Good to see it was only a minor injury though.

Who you guys taking on the eddie/poirier fight?? I'm leaning Poirier right now. As for the ppv honestly for every fight I don't see a major favorite/underdog. At least who I got winning.

Pettis
Rodriguez
Maia
Andrade
Stipe

Back
Top Bottom